Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

LambdaLambda
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-25-2015 , 19:14   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius892000 View Post
@keep That is not the motdgd interface , don't try to foul people.
Yes, it is.
Pala4
Old 04-26-2015 , 01:24   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #472

And there is something similar to motdgd? What better motdgd?
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2015 , 07:54   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius892000 View Post
Motdgd is a bul**** , they don't give you money for every advert. And the wage is under 0.01. So, for 5000 adverts you will make maximum 10-15 dollars and you will also lose a lot of PLAYERS because this adverts disturb them.How much time will take to complete 5000 video adverts? TWO months!!! Think twice before put this on your server
@keep That is not the motdgd interface , don't try to foul people.
And I forgot to say that clients got game crash when I used this

While I don't claim to really know about the lot of this, I think it would only be fair for you to provide some sort of evidence to back up those claims. The biggest problem with this plugin is the high volume ads that can seriously cause damage to someones ears (that isn't sarcasm). I think motdgd does generate more cash but from what I can tell it is only slightly higher than that of Pinion. If you're a small community you may be better off using Pinion since it's a guaranteed amount, however if you are a large community this is probably the better choice since the slightly higher CPM would multiply across your servers.

From what I can tell, banners pay roughly $0.06 - $0.12 per 1,000 depending on the source. Videos pay roughly $0.69 - $5.52 per 1,000 depending on the source.

Take what you want from that, but so far this month I've had 22,912 banners for a whopping total of $2.50 and 10,290 videos for $36.55. I wonder if there is a way to say no to banners and only get videos..
Old 04-26-2015 , 11:48   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pala4 View Post
And there is something similar to motdgd? What better motdgd?
Im beta testing it, as for now works good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
From what I can tell, banners pay roughly $0.06 - $0.12 per 1,000 depending on the source.

[...]

I wonder if there is a way to say no to banners and only get videos..
motdgd's non-videos can be up to 0.50, but you got to be really lucky.

Go to your settings and do the following
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-26-2015 , 18:02   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaLambda View Post
Im beta testing it, as for now works good.

motdgd's non-videos can be up to 0.50, but you got to be really lucky.

Go to your settings and do the following
Yeah I did some digging after I posted that because i thought there was a way. Hopefully that will make a difference!
Old 04-26-2015 , 21:58   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #476

[motdgd_adverts.smx] Advertisement preload isn't possible as either the cURL or Socket extension isn't installed or this server is running an unsupported game

what does preloading do? do you get more income? what happens if preload isn't possible?

Last edited by 8guawong; 04-26-2015 at 21:59.
LambdaLambda
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-27-2015 , 00:17   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
[motdgd_adverts.smx] Advertisement preload isn't possible as either the cURL or Socket extension isn't installed or this server is running an unsupported game

what does preloading do? do you get more income? what happens if preload isn't possible?
Technically it checks if there are ads to be served. But in real life it does nothing on motdgd.
mlov420
Old 04-28-2015 , 07:21   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #478

@LambdaLambda, I would be very interested in finding out about this ad company that serves high amounts of impressions in the United States if you care to divulge that information here or in a private message. I'm sure many of us would like to find alternatives to the mess that is currently happening here.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-28-2015 , 07:26   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
@LambdaLambda, I would be very interested in finding out about this ad company that serves high amounts of impressions in the United States if you care to divulge that information here or in a private message.
Same here - however, my interest is strictly out of curiosity.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Ixel
Old 04-28-2015 , 17:55   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (2.2.9 - 02/04/15)
Reply With Quote #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaLambda View Post
I tell you more, guys.

I'm running european servers. I got google analytics pinned up to my domain reserved for servers only (not a website, iframed steamgroup after motdgd). This month, google counted for me 4,8milis of pageviews. Guess how many impressions motdgd counted for me? 100k on both of my accs (cos i got two, for different servers).

And I got another news. I've found another ad provider, but problem with it is that, I got european servers, they serve ads for americans only - i made three times more with them than with motdgd.

I won't judge, im just saying, if someone would be interested on motdgs services.
We had some issues which were identified earlier this month with our player. These issues were resolved and boosted overall ad views. There are fill rate issues for some regions but Q1 and Q2 are both volatile quarters in the year. From experience Q3 and Q4 (especially) perform the best and are generally consistent.

The analytics data you provided is interesting, in that your unique views are a mere 59,251 against a total number of over 4.8 million hits. In other words, that shows your traffic is hardly unique based on that data, which is most likely why you're suffering a shortage of advertisements with us. Advertisers can, at their discretion, choose to frequency cap traffic that isn't unique or that doesn't provide an acceptable ROI for them. Especially so if it's an idle farm.

Also, to verify what I'm saying about 'quarters' is correct, see this article on Twitch: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/porta...ng-and-revenue

Last edited by Ixel; 04-28-2015 at 18:02.