Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Some help with AlliedModdersForum.

Post New Thread Reply   

VitaminZeth
Old 12-19-2015 , 23:22   Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #1

I'm new, I'm confused and don't know how forums and all this works.

If someone can help or re-direct me to a forum that can help with some basic autoexec's (By that I mean I want to change the default settings of my plugins so that they can run in a certain configuration) when running a LAN server that would be greatly appreciated.

(It took me fifteen minutes to even figure out how to reply/post a stupid question like this).

I'm greatly sorry.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2015 , 00:26   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #2

Plugins settings are usually implemented via "cvars" (configuration variables). A plugin's cvars should be documented in the plugin's own thread (where you download the plugin). You would put these in amxx.cfg. All the settings in amxx.cfg are executed at the beginning of each map.

Cvars for default AMX Mod X plugins can be found in amxx.cfg.

If that doesn't help, you should give some examples of what you are actually trying to do.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-20-2015 at 00:27.
VitaminZeth
Old 12-20-2015 , 01:12   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #3

Hi thanks for commenting, I'm trying to get this string of commands to work or exec once I run a server:

bh_enabled 0 (To disable this plugin because its already on); amx_snipers_crosshair ac (To turn on the crosshairs of the Scout and AWP when un-scoped); amx_showhitplace 0 (To disable this plugin because its already on).

I don't know how I'd type them in the amxx.cfg and I believe these are the cvars.

Last edited by VitaminZeth; 12-20-2015 at 01:14.
PartialCloning
Old 12-20-2015 , 01:19   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #4

What do you mean you don't know how to type them in amxx.cfg? Open it with notepad, scroll to the bottom add bh_enabled 0 then save it and restart your server. You can also do it in cstrike/server.cfg

If you want the plugins to be enabled for certain maps and disabled for others, you can do this: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Configur...ecific_Plugins
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2015 , 01:21   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #5

Some Useful Links Gathered

Contents' Table

Introduction Go to Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminZeth View Post
I'm new, I'm confused and don't know how forums and all this works.
Hi! To end your confusion, see/read/eat these threads to begin:
  1. Rules
  2. Board FAQ
  3. My Public Profile
  4. Posting New Messages
  5. Forums, Threads and Posts
  6. [TUT] Using the Search Button
  7. About Us
  8. Documentation
  9. GoldSrc (also known as Goldsource)
  10. Source (game engine)
  11. Hi! Can someone help me?
  12. Use descriptive topic names!
  13. Search Before Posting
  14. Scripting Help (Suggested) Posting Guidelines
  15. +++ Read before posting [UPDATED 6/4/13] +++
  16. Plugins, quantity, quality
  17. Valve's Policy of Truth: Valve to crack down on servers that fake info to players
  18. Slow Hacking
  19. Admin Slowhacking
  20. Game Settings Have Suddenly Been Changed (Admin Slowhacking)
  21. What is this Forum?
  22. NO STEAM = NO SUPPORT
  23. ban motherboard
  24. Final word about No-Steam!
  25. Why slowhacking, etc, is bad.
  26. Pawn Picture Tutorial
  27. Good programming habits
  28. AMX Mod X Scripting API Reference
  29. [TUT] Code Styling & Good Programming Habits
  30. Useful Tutorials, Guides, Snippets, and References
  31. How do I know if someone replied/comented my post?

Keep Up Go to Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
And that option, are they added automatickly to subscribed threads or just email? Because well, i was meaning for adding at subscribed threads. Email would be just spam my box.
Also, you can subscribe to all threads you posted using 'Instant email notification', and set a filter on your email to arquive and set as read, all emails that does not match the pattern which you want to see on your inbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelnieves2012 View Post
Is there any way to be notified? I dont want to fill my email box of AlliedModders messages.
Just to to options as fysiks said, and choose to subscribe to all your threads.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/profile.php?do=editoptions

You can choose by 'Notification by email' or 'No email notification'. In any case, just go to 'Your Control Panel' too see when there is something new:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/usercp.php

When there is something new, and you set to automatically subscribe to all threads you post using 'No email notification', the 'Control Panel' will show to you when there is an update to your posted thread. I mean, it will not pop up a new window for you, it will display a list within all your recently unread thread posts/updates when you access the 'Control Panel' page.

There is also some useful links I gathered here:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2374268#post2374268

Quotes Go to Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta00 View Post
7. If no one replied to your post, wait 2 weeks before bumping it, maybe this time the right person will read your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr] View Post
I only lock threads if the user has continued to bump even after being warned.
From Sticky about Bump : x and Scripting Help (Suggested) Posting Guidelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
For help with SourceMod, you should post in the SourceMod section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by instaBink View Post
Sorry, didn't realize that :p

Could an admin delete this so i can repost in the proper section?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
Whatever it is, we don't believe in deleting information. If you post something so incredibly bad, pointless, or trollish, that it is deservéd of being deleted, it will be forever immortalized in this Hall of Shame.

Trash Forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
This forum is for valid uses of GoldSrc based games. We will not support invalid or illegal uses of the software.

Some things to consider:
  • Do not ask questions, ask for support, or ask how to use non-steam servers.
  • Do not try to trick us, your jedi mind tricks will not work.
  • Do not argue the validity of using non-steam servers.
  • Do not post links on how to run non-steam servers.
Doing any of the above items will result in a locked/trashed thread, and possibly a ban from these forums.

You have been warned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliedModders Rules
If you post (or see a post) in the wrong section, use the Report Post button to request it be moved rather than replying to the thread.
If you posted at the cs 1.6 and afins section or whatever, report your post asking to be moved to the source mod section.

Finding Yourself Go to Top
Quote:
I want to change the default settings of my plugins so that they can run in a certain configuration) when running a LAN server that would be greatly appreciated.
If it is about the "autoexec.cfg" at GoldSrc for example, it is about HLDS then at the HL1 Servers (HLDS) sub-forum. And when you want to enter a sub-forum (post at it), your must start reading/eating with its stickies. And at the HL1 Servers (HLDS) sub-forum, they would be:
  1. Need help determining your rates? Look Here
  2. Thread Sticky: Server Management 101 (Tips on running HLDS & Much More)
  3. Thread Sticky: Is my server listed on the master server?
  4. NO STEAM = NO SUPPORT
  5. HLDS FAQs
  6. HLDS Discussion Rules and General Resources- Read me first.

Quote:
when running a LAN server that would be greatly appreciated.
When running a LAN/Online server, your server configs are loaded from your "./cstrike/server.cfg" file for the GoldSrc Game Mod Counter-Strike. You can place your configurations there.

The "./your_game_mod/autoexec.cfg" file is also loaded by your game beyond your server.

But if you are using a mod like AMX MOD X which is for GoldSrc engine, you have more options. Start reading/eating the Documentation (AMX Mod X).

All the links mentioned at this post will take you much more than 15 minutes. It is more like some days or weeks, but its worth each single second because these things are really powerful.

The Source Code Go to Top
Quote:
Hi thanks for commenting, I'm trying to get this string of commands to work or exec once I run a server:

bh_enabled 0 (To disable this plugin because its already on); amx_snipers_crosshair ac (To turn on the crosshairs of the Scout and AWP when un-scoped); amx_showhitplace 0 (To disable this plugin because its already on).

I don't know how I'd type them in the amxx.cfg and I believe these are the cvars.
Look at their source code implementation. They are the ".sma" files available at their original plugin threads.

Source code look up example:

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 08-15-2016 at 06:52. Reason: added new links
VitaminZeth
Old 12-20-2015 , 01:30   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #6

Thank you so much this really helped!

And because of you, I understand the 'source code' and the .sma extension now.

Just one more quick question: So if I do look into the source of a plugin and change variables there then convert or I think compile them back into a .amxx or .amx they will be run the way I set the variables to be?

Last edited by VitaminZeth; 12-20-2015 at 01:34.
VitaminZeth
Old 12-20-2015 , 01:31   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialCloning View Post
What do you mean you don't know how to type them in amxx.cfg? Open it with notepad, scroll to the bottom add bh_enabled 0 then save it and restart your server. You can also do it in cstrike/server.cfg

If you want the plugins to be enabled for certain maps and disabled for others, you can do this: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Configur...ecific_Plugins

Thanks! This worked really well!
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2015 , 02:01   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
So if I do look into the source of a plugin and change variables there then convert or I think compile them back into a .amxx or .amx they will be run the way I set the variables to be?
Depends:

1) It will, if you do not put anything/anywhere, like this below at your "./configs/amxx.cfg" or "./cstrike/server.cfg":

Code:
 //sv_grentrail 0 = No Grentrail - 1 = All Green Trails - 2 = Random Colors
 // 3 = Team Specific
sv_grentrail 3

//Open Jail
open_jail_on 1

//Bonny HOP
bh_enabled 1
bh_autojump 1
bh_showusage 1
2) It will not, if you put another configuration as above at your "./configs/amxx.cfg" or "./cstrike/server.cfg". In such case, the value you put at the .sma (source code file) will be overwritten by you configuration file.

But it will be renamed or changed the value, if you change the name at the source code (.sma file) and compile it again generating the .amxx and put it at your "./addons/amxmodx/plugins" folder, and restart/open your server.

When I say renamed I am talking about "bh_enabled 1" for exemple, change its name to "amx_bunny 1" and compile it again generating the .amxx and put it at your "./addons/amxmodx/plugins" folder, and restart/open your server.

It is the same precedure if you want to change the default value of "bh_enabled" from 1 to 0 for exemple. You need to recompile (compile again) generating the .amxx and put it at your "./addons/amxmodx/plugins" folder, and restart/open your server.

However is much easier let the default value what it is, and put your configuration at your server.cfg or amxx.cfg file, than do not put any configuration at your server.cfg or amxx.cfg file and have to recompile your plugins all the time you want to change a plugin default cvar value.

That is the purpose of the cvars, avoid to recompile the plugin every time you want to change a plugin internal value.

Obs: The AMXX also know as AMX MOD X, uses compiled files with extension "*.amxx". Its antecessor/concurrent know as AMX MOD uses the "*.amx" files.

See also:
  1. Abstract Machine eXecutor (AMX)
  2. [Tutorial] #emit

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 01-01-2016 at 03:32. Reason: new better information
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2015 , 02:27   Re: Some help with AlliedModdersForum.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Just one more quick question: So if I do look into the source of a plugin and change variables there then convert or I think compile them back into a .amxx or .amx they will be run the way I set the variables to be?
You should NOT change the values of cvars in the source code. You should put them in amxx.cfg. Even if the value in the source code is the same as the value that you want, you should still put the cvars in your source code, IMO. This allows you to know what cvars are available the next time you want to change them without having to re-research the plugin to find what cvars exist.

Also, if the plugin ever gets updated by the author, and you upload the new version, you will lose all your settings if they are not in a config file. This is exactly why cvars are used, so you don't have to edit the source code to change these values.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-20-2015 at 02:30.