Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!

Post New Thread Reply   

mauirixxx
Old 10-15-2008 , 17:12   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #31

I can't get the scrollbox to work, here's what I've got going so far (the server reads the cvar just fine though)

Name: sv_alltalk
Value: 1
Type: Scrollbox: 0,1:Off,On

Did I format something wrong?

Also, do any config files associated with the server automatically get executed?

Also, editing the cvars doesn't bring up whether it's a text or scrollbox - everything automatically gets set to Text on an edit, so if you're not careful, you'll set the cvar to text on a save.

Also, now I'm thinking maybe my php configuration isn't what it needs to be for this application, is there any specific variables that need to be set a certain way?

Last edited by mauirixxx; 10-15-2008 at 18:29.
Send a message via AIM to mauirixxx Send a message via MSN to mauirixxx Send a message via Yahoo to mauirixxx
Capt Bob
Old 10-15-2008 , 18:43   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauirixxx View Post
I can't get the scrollbox to work, here's what I've got going so far (the server reads the cvar just fine though)

Type: Scrollbox: 0,1:Off,On

Did I format something wrong?

Also, do any config files associated with the server automatically get executed?

Also, editing the cvars doesn't bring up whether it's a text or scrollbox - everything automatically gets set to Text on an edit, so if you're not careful, you'll set the cvar to text on a save.

Also, now I'm thinking maybe my php configuration isn't what it needs to be for this application, is there any specific variables that need to be set a certain way?
Should be

Type: Scrollbox: 0,1

you have setup the server to load cfg from the database and for a noob like me that was a world of pain LOL
It involves linking the source mysql to your database. So get the myscal in source working first then add the database to it and so on. I am not really knowledgable enough to help you out here but its all on the forums here and there.

If you have php, and mysql running on your webserver then its probably ok

good luck
mauirixxx
Old 10-15-2008 , 18:53   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauirixxx
the server reads the cvar just fine though
myscal works, it's reading all the cvars I manually entered, and to retest I changed some to be different then what's in my actual server.cfg file - and it read them.

I'm just looking to get the fancy drop down scroll box. I looked at the code on the demo site, and have mine formatted the same way, so I'm thinking a possible php misconfiguration.

Also, I noticed the sql script that comes with the plugin didn't have the "Activ" field in it, I had to manually create that before any cvar's worked.

thanks for the input bob!
Send a message via AIM to mauirixxx Send a message via MSN to mauirixxx Send a message via Yahoo to mauirixxx
mauirixxx
Old 10-16-2008 , 20:21   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #34

Sorry for the double post, but upon re-reading the 3 previous posts, I think they may need to be moved / merged to the SourceMod Web Admin thread instead?

Also, I made a server.cfg and a bot.cfg (this one with bot specific commands, obviously). I noticed, whether or not I have the "Activ" field checked (set to 0 or 1), the command still gets read and executed. I assumed, unchecked meant it wouldn't be activated?
Kenny Loggins
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-13-2009 , 03:32   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #35

Is this still open to being worked on?

I notice that its not running the configs on my L4D server. I don't see any errors in the SM logs

Server Admin / Leader
ClanAO.com
3RMAC
Old 02-19-2009 , 01:57   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #36

Doesn't look like it. The admin logging function which I was looking for doesn't seem to have a web based interface working.
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2009 , 18:59   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
To fix your sv_downloadurl issue, change line 186 from
Code:
ServerCommand("%s %s",cmd, cmd2);
to
Code:
ServerCommand("%s \"%s\"",cmd, cmd2);
Thanks for that.

I want to come back and revisit this plugin again, but I am still thinking (as I was when I left it) that it needs to work differently instead of just running the configs with:

Code:
ServerCommand("%s \"%s\"",cmd, cmd2);
It needs to write them to file, that way there is a backup locally on that install if the db connection fails and once written for it to be executed or to be left to be executed naturally after its next map change. And crucially for the configs to be only loaded when there is a change as well, to keep traffic levels down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Loggins View Post
Is this still open to being worked on?

I notice that its not running the configs on my L4D server. I don't see any errors in the SM logs
As for L4D, yea I need to look at that as we have 6 L4D game servers now

Matt
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-12-2009 , 21:10   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #38

So you are not doing any work on the web interface right? Just the plugin?

I use this on 45 servers now and the only huge pain in the add (almost caused me to switch back) is when I add a plugin to the servers I have no way to just quickly add the command to all or some of the servers. I have to go from server config to server config and add the command to each server.

Also the check box's that should turn on and off the command in the web interface don't seem to work. The command always executes even if the box is unchecked.

Also I like the idea that you would write the commands to a file how about some way to import commands or if you already have a server.cfg some way to import the file into the sql server table?

Server Admin / Leader
ClanAO.com
noremac430
Old 06-04-2009 , 17:09   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #39

For Admin Logging: I am getting a SQL error that's being reported via in game chat on TF2
Items still appear to be logging into the database correctly, however.

Here is the error:

Code:
[SM] toggled beacon on PLAYERNAMEHERE.
[MySCAL] Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''\"PLAYERNAMEHERE<3><S
I get this error no matter what admin command I use.
Kenny Loggins
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-04-2009 , 17:16   Re: MySCAL (MySQL Server Configs & Admin Logging) - Need Feedback!
Reply With Quote #40

Ya i get the same error

Server Admin / Leader
ClanAO.com