Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

salamcho
Old 11-09-2011 , 05:18   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #451

Never mind, problem solved. Thanks for the feedback!
SGT
Old 11-12-2011 , 07:05   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #452

Could you make the plugin load a certain mod if/when the server crashes? Currently when the server crashes the plugin loads a random mod I think. So most of the time you get the wrong map for the mod. It would be great if say it always loaded mod0 or mod1 ..etc on server crash. This would allow me to set the right map for it.

The server still crashes when and only when the map changes. But not as much as it used to [once every other or third day] now that I've updated the server and blocked a few exploits.

Last edited by SGT; 11-12-2011 at 07:07.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2011 , 14:34   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT View Post
Could you make the plugin load a certain mod if/when the server crashes? Currently when the server crashes the plugin loads a random mod I think. So most of the time you get the wrong map for the mod. It would be great if say it always loaded mod0 or mod1 ..etc on server crash. This would allow me to set the right map for it.
It uses the last MOD that was written to the file. I can't change the map that the server starts on becuase that is specified in the command line (which you can't change programmatically from AMX Mod X).
Old 11-12-2011 , 19:33   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #454

Well I just need to be able to change the mod it uses on a crash/restart to one specific mod. That way I'll be able to pick a default map [through the command line] that's compatible with the mod.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2011 , 20:38   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #455

Quote:
Well I just need to be able to change the mod it uses on a crash/restart to one specific mod. That way I'll be able to pick a default map [through the command line] that's compatible with the mod.
That's not possible actually now that I think of it. When it crashes there are plugins listed in the file. The plugin can't change them when the server is not running (after it crashes) so when it restarts AMX Mod X reads that file for which plugins to load. The best thing you could do is to somehow change the mod and map to your preferred mod/map immediately after the server gets restarted (another plugin would be required). I'll look into writing it but no guarantees.

10 minutes later . . .

Try this. You will need to change the map_name_here in the code to the map you want. It should change to the mod that is loaded first (first in the list when you use the command amx_nextmod).
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (set_mod_after_crash.sma - 503 views - 309 Bytes)

Last edited by fysiks; 11-12-2011 at 20:50.
howluen
Old 11-12-2011 , 20:52   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
That's not possible actually now that I think of it. When it crashes there are plugins listed in the file. The plugin can't change them when the server is not running (after it crashes) so when it restarts AMX Mod X reads that file for which plugins to load. The best thing you could do is to somehow change the mod and map to your preferred mod/map immediately after the server gets restarted (another plugin would be required). I'll look into writing it but no guarantees.

10 minutes later . . .

Try this. You will need to change the map_name_here in the code to the map you want. It should change to the mod that is loaded first (first in the list when you use the command amx_nextmod).
Thanks! This is what i've been searching for a long time!
Black4Dragon
Old 11-13-2011 , 01:54   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #457

Hey,
I'm using polymorph on my server, and i have a problem with Death Race... First time it ran and it worked and after 3 hours (there were more mods running in this time) it crashed, and now every time I try to put it, it keeps crashing and i cannot use it anymore . I reinstalled the server one time and it worked again, but the same thing, after a while it keeps crashing... and one time i caught a polymorph error in the log when I changed to Death Race:

L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: Start of error session.
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "addons/amxmodx/logs/error_20111113.log")
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Plugin ("polymorph.amxx") is setting itself as failed.
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Plugin says: [Polymorph] Mod not found. Restart server.
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "polymorph.amxx")
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Run time error 1: forced exit
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] [0] 55059.attach::initModLoad (line 906)
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] [1] 55059.attach::plugin_cfg (line 197)

Edit: I tried to put the original death race plugin after this crash but it doesn't fix the crash issue, it keeps crashing...

Can you fix this mod?
Thank you!

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Last edited by Black4Dragon; 11-13-2011 at 02:54.
SGT
Old 11-13-2011 , 03:55   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post

10 minutes later . . .

I still can't change the mod immediately. amx_nextmod just lets you pick the next mod. It doesn't immediately change the mod, yeah you could still do amx_map but it would be alot more practical if it allowed you to pick the mod and immediately switched to the default mod map. And I don't see how the new plugin is any different from the old amx_nextmod.

Is it not possible to detect when the server restarts? Either through amx_restart or on a server crash? If that's possible then couldn't you make it load plugins from say default_polymorph.ini on the event of a server restart??
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2011 , 04:03   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #459

Quote:
I still can't change the mod immediately. amx_nextmod just lets you pick the next mod. It doesn't immediately change the mod, yeah you could still do amx_map but it would be alot more practical if it allowed you to pick the mod and immediately switched to the default mod map. And I don't see how the new plugin is any different from the old amx_nextmod.

Is it not possible to detect when the server restarts? Either through amx_restart or on a server crash? If that's possible then couldn't you make it load plugins from say default_polymorph.ini on the event of a server restart??
I don't think you read the second half of my post (the part after the 10 minutes).
Old 11-13-2011 , 04:14   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4Dragon View Post
Hey,
I'm using polymorph on my server, and i have a problem with Death Race... First time it ran and it worked and after 3 hours (there were more mods running in this time) it crashed, and now every time I try to put it, it keeps crashing and i cannot use it anymore . I reinstalled the server one time and it worked again, but the same thing, after a while it keeps crashing... and one time i caught a polymorph error in the log when I changed to Death Race:

L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: Start of error session.
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: Info (map "de_dust2") (file "addons/amxmodx/logs/error_20111113.log")
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Plugin ("polymorph.amxx") is setting itself as failed.
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Plugin says: [Polymorph] Mod not found. Restart server.
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "polymorph.amxx")
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] Run time error 1: forced exit
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] [0] 55059.attach::initModLoad (line 906)
L 11/13/2011 - 08:42:50: [AMXX] [1] 55059.attach::plugin_cfg (line 197)

Edit: I tried to put the original death race plugin after this crash but it doesn't fix the crash issue, it keeps crashing...

Can you fix this mod?
Thank you!

P.S. Sorry for my english.
If you read the error you will see that it is not crashing (unless the whole server is crashing but I think you are misusing the word "crash"). It is setting itself as failed. This is on purpose. It means that the Mod listed in the plugins-polymorph.ini is not found in the list of mods available to polymorph. This will always happen when you first start Polymorph. It will also likely happen when you change the mods or mod names in their config files.

Look in plugins-polymorph.ini and see if the appropriate mod is listed there and see if it matches any of the mod names in the mod config files. If not then that is why Polymorph is setting itself as failed. The first thing I would try is to try deleting plugins-polymorph.ini then start your server and restart your server. The restart part is very important.

I have no idea what "DeathRace" is.