Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Web-like HLSW (and array efficiency) warning: long

Post New Thread Reply   

QOOOOOOOOQ
Old 09-09-2014 , 00:40   Web-like HLSW (and array efficiency) warning: long
Reply With Quote #1

Before continuing, I suggest reading only the tl;dr sections, if interested, THEN continue, don't blame me for wasting your time, I'd just rather think something through well before getting half-way through something and figuring out I wasted my time when another way was vastly superior. ;)

--------------------------
tl;dr: Where to learn how to send server chat to a webpage, and how to use it when webpage actually recieves it. (cURL of course, but website scripting required? Where could you learn how to only deal with a small part instead of learning an entire language?)

Original: I'd have to say I really don't know how HLSW works with how it pings server through rcon to obtain server chat, gets server names, player count, and lets you issue rcon commands. I wanted something I could pull down from steam overlay and see server chat and/or administrate without having to be on my desktop. How would I learn how to send say... server chat to a webpage/webserver of mine? I assume something like cURL mixed with PHP/Javascript and misc, but how would I get started on that? One thing at a time please... I'd rather not learn each language individually and then see how I could incorporate it together, perhaps somewhere I could be instructed on previous examples of how to pack specific information from the server and send it forth to a webpage and have the webpage already know what to do with it? (Besides the cURL examples, of course, that's really just for the server sending and recieving, how does it happen on the website side?)

Edit: Sorry about part 2, I failed to read that RemoveFromArray automatically shifts the indexes downwards in an array...

Last edited by QOOOOOOOOQ; 09-09-2014 at 03:41.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-09-2014 , 05:12   Re: Web-like HLSW (and array efficiency) warning: long
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=91331?t=91331