Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Upgrading from 1.4.11

Post New Thread Reply   

SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2021 , 13:07   Upgrading from 1.4.11
Reply With Quote #1

Started getting some errors this month on my sourcebans web panel - version 1.4.11 (modified one of the files to allow the continued use of the "older" SteamIDs which were in the format of STEAM:0:0:12345 or something like that)....cannot remember which file I had to overwrite, but anyway, I digress.

I have gone to the Sourcebans++ site and read the upgrade page and it appears pretty straight forward. I also am aware of the notes about making sure all of the old SMX files are removed and replaced with the new plugin files.

In the entirety of this new version and all of the other posts in this sub-forum, is there anything I should know about upgrading the install from 1.4.11 to 1.6.3? Will the upgrade script handle the upgrade of the DB and keep all of my current admins and bans? I just wanted to ask this first before I went ahead and followed the instructions.....in my experience, sometimes there are little tweaks or issues to note that may not be covered in the standard install/upgrade instructions....and also in my experience, nothing ever goes smoothly for me LOL

Thank you in advance for your time.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2021 , 17:34   Re: Upgrading from 1.4.11
Reply With Quote #2

I was having some PHP Depreciation errors and couldn't log into my 1.4.11 Sourcebans site -- now that they downgraded the PHP for my domain, no errors and no issues.

For anyone who has upgraded from 1.4.11 to 1.6.3 -- is there any benefit? Can you still use the older SteamID format of STEAM_0:0:6782083 in the newer Sourcebans++ (1.6.3) or would all of the steamIDs in my database be required to be in the newer SteamID format? Pro/con time here and I just was hoping to hear from some folk to assist me in determining my course of action.... thank you in advance for your time.
Phorce_Phed
Old 04-02-2021 , 15:43   Re: Upgrading from 1.4.11
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
I have gone to the Sourcebans++ site and read the upgrade page and it appears pretty straight forward.
That upgrade page is for upgrading SB++ to SB++. The SB++ team has no path for upgrading SB 1.4.11 to any version of SB++ (I've asked them about this).

If anyone has done this successfully I would also like more info.