Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Is it possible to run Windows based SRCDS files on Linux?

Post New Thread Reply   

woochie
Old 04-20-2023 , 02:42   Is it possible to run Windows based SRCDS files on Linux?
Reply With Quote #1

I have Windows only based server files. I would like to change provider from Windows server to Linux. I have Debian machine atm and would like to migrate there, but I have not found solution to run srcds.exe and srcds guardian batch files on Linux.

Does an body have expereince with this and would like to help?
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-20-2023 , 03:06   Re: Is it possible to run Windows based SRCDS files on Linux?
Reply With Quote #2

You should specify a game. There are no .exe's to execute in say for example for CS:GO. You launch srcds_run instead.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...ing_the_Server

Note: For Linux use ./srcds_run instead of srcds.
Note: For public server also add +sv_setsteamaccount THISGSLTHERE -net_port_try 1 to use your GSLT. THISGSLTHERE refers to https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers ,where you should create a game login token with your steam account
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2023 , 12:38   Re: Is it possible to run Windows based SRCDS files on Linux?
Reply With Quote #3

In general you should be able to download the game files via SteamCMD. Configs, plugins and what not are compatible with both windows and linux. Only issue I see would be with extensions and signatures at worse.