Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

Kleiner
Old 11-19-2021 , 11:38   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
MaloModo, attached is a version of Uber Upgrades that I edited and use on my HappyLand server.

It is likely that someone with near zero attention span will take the time and effort to post a complaint on why this plugin doesn't work but won't take the time to read any of the previous posts in this thread telling them exactly how to make it work. Note to that person: This plugin will not work for you if you don't take the time to read previous posts in this thread on how to make it work for you. I know getting this plugin to run isn't easy but I've been continuously running it successfully since it was published. Read and heed the posts in this thread and you will be rewarded with success.

Here's what I recall that make this edited version different from stock version:

1. Money amount given to players is a fixed rate of 100 per kill. You can change amount per kill in the console with something like: sm_uu_moneybonuskill 300
2. Initial starting money given is 1500 credits. You can change starting amount in the console with something like: sm_uu_startmoney 4500
3. You don't receive any of your victim's money.
4. Money doesn't increase exponentially if you play with Bots.
5. Players are given full credit for assists (great for Medics).
6. You don't lose upgrades or money when the game or an Admin changes your team.
7. You lose upgrades and some money when you voluntarily change teams.
8. You keep your upgrades between rounds.
9. Dragons Fury, Thermal Thruster, Gas Passer, Hot Hand, Neon Annihilator weapons are supported.
10. Wrangler, Short Circuit, B.A.S.E. Jumper, Gun Boats, Mantreads weapons are supported.
11. Huntsman, Fortified Compound, The Classic weapons are supported.
12. Shotgun, Razorback, Cleaners Carbine weapons are supported.
13. Many upgrades added. Too many to list.
14. Qbuy command removed due to several player exploits. Added other exploit preventions.
15. Player command added to remove all upgrades and refund money to player: !refund
16. Admin command added to remove all upgrades and refund money to targeted player: !wipeall

I believe all weapons are supported. Try the stock version of your weapon if your strange/renamed/painted weapon doesn't seem to work with Uber Upgrades.

You probably won't like the cost or values of some upgrade items. Feel free to edit them as you see fit in the uu_attributes.txt file.

Enjoy!

Russian translation for HappyLand UberUpgrades plugin.
Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: txt tf2items_uu.phrases.txt (40.9 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Kleiner; 11-21-2021 at 12:12.
Zorutan
Old 06-12-2022 , 11:01   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
MaloModo, attached is a version of Uber Upgrades that I edited and use on my HappyLand server.

It is likely that someone with near zero attention span will take the time and effort to post a complaint on why this plugin doesn't work but won't take the time to read any of the previous posts in this thread telling them exactly how to make it work. Note to that person: This plugin will not work for you if you don't take the time to read previous posts in this thread on how to make it work for you. I know getting this plugin to run isn't easy but I've been continuously running it successfully since it was published. Read and heed the posts in this thread and you will be rewarded with success.

Here's what I recall that make this edited version different from stock version:

1. Money amount given to players is a fixed rate of 100 per kill. You can change amount per kill in the console with something like: sm_uu_moneybonuskill 300
2. Initial starting money given is 1500 credits. You can change starting amount in the console with something like: sm_uu_startmoney 4500
3. You don't receive any of your victim's money.
4. Money doesn't increase exponentially if you play with Bots.
5. Players are given full credit for assists (great for Medics).
6. You don't lose upgrades or money when the game or an Admin changes your team.
7. You lose upgrades and some money when you voluntarily change teams.
8. You keep your upgrades between rounds.
9. Dragons Fury, Thermal Thruster, Gas Passer, Hot Hand, Neon Annihilator weapons are supported.
10. Wrangler, Short Circuit, B.A.S.E. Jumper, Gun Boats, Mantreads weapons are supported.
11. Huntsman, Fortified Compound, The Classic weapons are supported.
12. Shotgun, Razorback, Cleaners Carbine weapons are supported.
13. Many upgrades added. Too many to list.
14. Qbuy command removed due to several player exploits. Added other exploit preventions.
15. Player command added to remove all upgrades and refund money to player: !refund
16. Admin command added to remove all upgrades and refund money to targeted player: !wipeall

I believe all weapons are supported. Try the stock version of your weapon if your strange/renamed/painted weapon doesn't seem to work with Uber Upgrades.

You probably won't like the cost or values of some upgrade items. Feel free to edit them as you see fit in the uu_attributes.txt file.

Enjoy!
Yo
This version works very well. I wasn't sure what it needed/required, so I used the things listed in Razorsuxtbh's link.

I'd like to ask, what exactly do you use/require for your version? I wanted to edit it myself and compile a more custom version, but I get a lot of "error 017: undefined symbol" from compile.exe
I was told that is a linker error, and that I must be missing things that are necessary to compile properly.

I've attached what it's throwing at me.
I redownloaded everything that's listed in Razorsuxtbh's post/link, so in theory I have everything, but it's entirely possible I missed something that is necessary for your version. I'll read through this thread in case I missed it the first time, but I'll leave this here as well in case I can't find it
Attached Files
File Type: txt compile_error_stuff.txt (2.8 KB, 47 views)
Zorutan
Old 06-12-2022 , 11:38   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #223

So... turns out, yea, I was doing something very stupid. Having read back the entire thread again, I've found you use https://github.com/sim1/tf2itemsinfo

I've set up a compiling folder, put that in with the other stuff that's listed on Page 1, and now it compiles (despite other related things still having errors) and works perfectly fine.

I won't delete my post as I have a feeling there may be geniuses out there like me who run into the same self-made problems.

Anyway, thank you again for providing that version.

TL;DR: Use https://github.com/sim1/tf2itemsinfo when compiling (and probably use that for your server as well, don't mix/match solutions like I did...)
Recluse
Old 08-13-2022 , 00:49   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #224

Razor's version no longer exists and it was the best version to use. Happyland's version is mostly ok (minus the unneeded move speed penalty on special tweaks, but it takes a few minutes to remove). Main issue with Happyland's plugin version is the disabling of Qbuys, qbuys are a pretty substantial function in UU and while I understand disabling them due to exploiting, it really only hurts normal players as disabling Qbuys doesn't actually prevent exploiting, it was only really used to make it easier to break money (which is still possible even with Qbuys disabled and is made easier with the killstreaker attributes).

If you are gonna use Happyland's version (not like you have much choice, either it's that or normal 9.4 where you have to manually add upgrades for Jungle Inferno weapons and do a bunch of other fixes), remove move speed penalty on any special tweaks that have it (special tweaks are listed in uu_specialtweaks.txt).

As for the exploiting, not many within the UU community really know how it's performed, only way you would really find out about it is if the person doing it shows you how to (very unlikely).

And above all, if you're gonna make an UU server, at least put the effort in to make it stand out, there's already enough copy-paste UU servers as it is.
GregoryTheGamer
Old 09-20-2022 , 17:00   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #225

I have no idea if PCGamer is still active here since his last post was about a year ago but I've been having issues with TF2itemsinfo 1.9

Code:
] sm plugins load tf2itemsinfo
L 09/20/2022 - 15:55:11: [SM] Exception reported: Script execution timed out
L 09/20/2022 - 15:55:11: [SM] Blaming: tf2itemsinfo.smx
L 09/20/2022 - 15:55:11: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 09/20/2022 - 15:55:11: [SM]   [1] Line 1676, tf2itemsinfo.sp::GetAttribIDByName
L 09/20/2022 - 15:55:11: [SM]   [2] Line 1562, tf2itemsinfo.sp::PrecacheItemSchema
L 09/20/2022 - 15:55:11: [SM]   [3] Line 269, tf2itemsinfo.sp::OnPluginStart
[SM] Plugin tf2itemsinfo.smx failed to load: Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs).
so like what do I do here? any help would be appreciated

Last edited by GregoryTheGamer; 09-20-2022 at 17:10. Reason: forgot to put code stuff in
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2022 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryTheGamer View Post
I have no idea if PCGamer is still active here since his last post was about a year ago but I've been having issues with TF2itemsinfo 1.9
PC Gamer is alive and well. It is difficult for me to troubleshoot for you since I no longer run the dependencies required for the 0.9.4 version of this plugin. My version of UU is drastically different than the 0.9.4 version since it adds hidden attributes and replaced tf2itemsinfo with tf_econ_data by nosoop.

However, the error you listed leads me to believe that your tf2itemsinfo is timing out and not running. If you are still using tf2itemsinfo I suggest you make this change on your server:
Edit \tf\addons\sourcemod\configs\core.cfg
Change From: "SlowScriptTimeout" "8"
Change To: "SlowScriptTimeout" "60"

Then try loading your tf2itemsinfo.smx

Edit: I also updated the tf2attributes_ubup.sp and tf2attributes.smx files in one of my previous posts to make it compile with SM 1.11. I didn't test it since I don't use that version, but here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=215

Last edited by PC Gamer; 09-21-2022 at 01:04.
GregoryTheGamer
Old 09-21-2022 , 13:25   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
PC Gamer is alive and well. It is difficult for me to troubleshoot for you since I no longer run the dependencies required for the 0.9.4 version of this plugin. My version of UU is drastically different than the 0.9.4 version since it adds hidden attributes and replaced tf2itemsinfo with tf_econ_data by nosoop.

However, the error you listed leads me to believe that your tf2itemsinfo is timing out and not running. If you are still using tf2itemsinfo I suggest you make this change on your server:
Edit \tf\addons\sourcemod\configs\core.cfg
Change From: "SlowScriptTimeout" "8"
Change To: "SlowScriptTimeout" "60"

Then try loading your tf2itemsinfo.smx

Edit: I also updated the tf2attributes_ubup.sp and tf2attributes.smx files in one of my previous posts to make it compile with SM 1.11. I didn't test it since I don't use that version, but here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=215
Alright yeah thanks for the help, I did that and it works now, I also appreciate you updating the plugin to support the latest version of sourcemod (since I made my server recently so I used the most recent stable version as a result)
Edit: although now I am having 2 issues, one is any of the upgrades in the "Body Upgrades" section doesn't reset when I change class, teams, rejoin server, anything (only a full restart of the server works) and the second is for some reason Soldier's weapon is referred to as "Gun specific upgrades" in the primary section and all the upgrades in that section don't affect the weapon at all, it instead affects my secondary

Last edited by GregoryTheGamer; 09-21-2022 at 13:44.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2022 , 15:17   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryTheGamer View Post
Edit: although now I am having 2 issues, one is any of the upgrades in the "Body Upgrades" section doesn't reset when I change class, teams, rejoin server, anything (only a full restart of the server works) and the second is for some reason Soldier's weapon is referred to as "Gun specific upgrades" in the primary section and all the upgrades in that section don't affect the weapon at all, it instead affects my secondary
What weapons did the soldier have equipped when the weapon problem occurred? Do you have the same problem when you change weapon types for the soldier? If you see weapon glitches like that it usually means you don't have a stock weapon equipped.

Edit: I updated the sourcecode in post #215: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=215 That should fix the bug you were having with body upgrades not resetting.

Last edited by PC Gamer; 09-23-2022 at 04:05.
GregoryTheGamer
Old 09-23-2022 , 18:39   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #229

Quote:
What weapons did the soldier have equipped when the weapon problem occurred? Do you have the same problem when you change weapon types for the soldier? If you see weapon glitches like that it usually means you don't have a stock weapon equipped.

Edit: I updated the sourcecode in post #215: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=215 That should fix the bug you were having with body upgrades not resetting.
I had this problem when I had the panic attack equipped, switching to a banner seemed to fix it but I still don't know if there are other weapons that cause this problem, I'd have to check.
Zorutan
Old 11-08-2022 , 14:39   Re: [TF2] Uber Upgrades v0.9.4 (beta version 11/14/2013)
Reply With Quote #230

I need some help.
I've been working on a custom version, but for some reason I can't find where and why UU awards me 100$ on completing an objective, such as capping a capture point, or pushing a payload cart to a checkpoint.
I searched "100" via Ctrl+F, but it's just nowhere. I thought it might be hardcoded, but even then, it'd be coded somewhere, but it's not
I know for a fact I haven't coded this 100$ money bonus anywhere.
I tried searching for "capture", "point", "objective", "event", "100", etc. with no luck.
Also, I'm not sure what version I'm using as base unfortunately, but everything else is working fine so I'm guessing it's either PC Gamer's, or the now-deleted Razor's.

(on a less related note, is it at all possible to display custom gui or png's somehow? I'd like to make this fit in with the game more, as if it was actually part of the game. Currently my only guess is to use the method which lets you write text anywhere, somehow find a symbol that is one pixel, and then somehow read in image files and display them pixel by pixel, but that's probably a terribly bad idea.)
(Edit: on the unrelated note, I just remembered the FF2 boss "Demopan", who makes a PNG appear on your screen multiple times in different positions, I'll try to find that, that might be the key to display things on-screen)

Last edited by Zorutan; 11-08-2022 at 15:01.