Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts

Post New Thread Reply   

thecount
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2020 , 18:35   [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #1

There are new taunts this October that are more complicated than previously. They glow and some have particle effects that seem to wrap around the player's body. Astral Presence even seems to recreate a ragdoll and texture it with the effect. For previously created plugins that allowed for the more simple taunt effects, is there an easy way to show these effects or is the nightmare of recreating them the only option?

Link to new effect list

Last edited by thecount; 10-03-2020 at 18:36.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 10-03-2020 , 20:58   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=75102
Old 10-04-2020 , 02:11   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #3

Code in the link Fearts provided generate the particle effect but it doesn't attach to the player.

You can use TF2Attributes to add the effect to the player. Here's some code I made to try it out. The desired effect would be for some of these effects to originate from the floor and move upward. However, with my plugin they sometimes originate from the players waist and move upward. I'm not much of a programmer so maybe someone can suggest a fix for us.

Testing Taunt Particle Effects:

Commands:
sm_flashyon <target> <particle id>
sm_flashyoff <target>

valid particle ids: 3002-3048
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (flashy.sp - 163 views - 2.7 KB)
File Type: smx flashy.smx (4.3 KB, 107 views)
thecount
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2020 , 20:31   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #4

Simply creating an info_particle_system & setting the player as the parent does not seem to work. Thank you for the working example using TF2 attributes. The biggest problem there is that the player needs to respawn in order for the effect to be removed or added. There also some visual issues with the effect at the model bones occasionally, specifically for the spider effects. I would greatly appreciate the guidance of anyone with more knowledge on how these particle systems work.
gdfsgdfg
Old 04-14-2022 , 18:46   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post

Commands:
sm_flashyon <target> <particle id>
sm_flashyoff <target>

valid particle ids: 3002-3048

Sorry for the bump but this works slightly better than the unusual taunts plugin for me without having to use the contrived stuff it has, I wish it only had a command to apply the effect on you instead of targeting players and also would be much better if it worked only when you taunt. I hope you release an improved version in the future.

The reason the effects look weird is because they are getting applied on more things than just the player model. Idk if these kind of effects work properly in itemtest as well, they usually get applied on like a hat that makes use of the "on taunt particle effect" I assume. If they still look weird valve must have hard-coded those so they can't be replicated easily.

Last edited by gdfsgdfg; 04-14-2022 at 18:52.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2022 , 06:02   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #6

If you only want for taunting you can try the attached plugin. I believe the original author was noyb? I just updated it with current effects and made it work with version 1.11 of SourceMod. It's very similar to the Unusual Taunts plugin by SrikeR14 but doesn't require SteamTools or a Steam API Key.

When you use the command of !utaunt a menu will appear allowing you to select the unusual effect you want. Sadly there are 26 taunt effects that don't work well with this method. In those instances I commented out the effects so they don't appear in the menu.

These unusual effects will only appear when you taunt since that is what you asked for. If you want unusual hat effects or unusual taunt effects while not taunting you'll need a different plugin.

Commands:
!utaunt
!utaunts

edit: see below for updated plugin

Last edited by PC Gamer; 04-22-2022 at 08:15.
gdfsgdfg
Old 04-15-2022 , 06:37   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #7

It does not use TF2 attributes anymore like flashy does, that's why effects that apply on the model don't work.

Also spotted a bug, if you taunt with an effect then select no effect while in the taunt it will stay on you until you rejoin the server.

Last edited by gdfsgdfg; 04-15-2022 at 08:51.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2022 , 15:56   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #8

It appears you want a TF2Attributes version. You can try this one. It works for all unusual taunt effects. It still has the original problem of effects appearing above ground level. If anyone knows how to fix that problem please let us know. I also made it where it only appears when you taunt.

This plugin requires:
1. TF2Attributes by FlaminSarge or nosoop. Here's a link: https://github.com/nosoop/tf2attributes
2. TF2 Econ Data by nosoop. Here's a link: https://github.com/nosoop/SM-TFEconData

Commands:
!untaunt (will give you random unusual taunt effect every time you taunt)
!untaunt <taunt id> (will give you specific unusual taunt every time you taunt)
!nountaunt (will remove unusual taunt)

Valid taunt ids are: 3002-3056, 3059-3087
If you use a value of blank or anything under 3002 you will get random effects.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (untaunt.sp - 61 views - 4.6 KB)
File Type: smx untaunt.smx (6.3 KB, 54 views)
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2022 , 01:30   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
It appears you want a TF2Attributes version. You can try this one. It works for all unusual taunt effects. It still has the original problem of effects appearing above ground level. If anyone knows how to fix that problem please let us know. I also made it where it only appears when you taunt.
Instead of cloning a player's existing hat, try creating a new hat with a model that matches the player's model (e.g. scout gets models/player/scout.mdl or whatever it is). The particle effect is attaching to the hat, so it shows up somewhere above the ground (is my guess).

The particle version might be better in that you have one particle entity per player that you can just modify/enable/disable when you need to, but either way should work.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
gdfsgdfg
Old 04-16-2022 , 08:29   Re: [TF2] New Scream Fortress Unusual Taunts
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
The particle version might be better
Not quite some particle effects remain in the world and don't get removed, the result might be the same even if you were to apply them on the player model perfectly.

untaunt seems to work fine no bugs found, but as mentioned only applies it on the hat

Last edited by gdfsgdfg; 04-16-2022 at 08:30.