Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [L4D2]How can I check that a teleport won't fail or correct a failed teleport?

Post New Thread Reply   

Morning
Old 01-27-2023 , 07:44   [L4D2]How can I check that a teleport won't fail or correct a failed teleport?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm using teleport to move witches after spawning them. My problem is that I want to move them to a point within an area around XYZ coordinates, and that if the point happens to be inside of a wall, the teleport seems to fail and they get stuck at origin (0,0) - which also happens to be inside of a wall on the map i'm using.

Is there a way to either check that a position is safe, or deal with the entity after the teleport has failed by checking entity properties somewhere? I do usually get console output after the witch starts to experience issues:

Witch 1325 is failing excessively

Last edited by Morning; 01-27-2023 at 20:36.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2023 , 08:03   Re: [L4D2]How can I check that a teleport won't fail or correct a failed teleport?
Reply With Quote #2

You can use a tracehull to get a safer position, but that doesn't mean that the witch won't fail, this message may be related to other stuff besides position.
I don't have any examples here, but this would be the result (not L4D2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxReDzc_oCo
Old 01-27-2023 , 20:35   Re: [L4D2]How can I check that a teleport won't fail or correct a failed teleport?
Reply With Quote #3

I ended up using this modified from line-of-sight teleporting to check if it's safe, though the teleport still errors if it intersects a player. It's good enough for what I need, thanks a lot for the help!
Code:
bool IsEntityStuck(float pos[3], int entity)
{
	float fMins[3];
	float fMaxs[3];

GetEntPropVector( entity, Prop_Send, "m_vecMins", fMins );
	GetEntPropVector( entity, Prop_Send, "m_vecMaxs", fMaxs );

for (int i=0; i<sizeof(fMins); i++)
	{
		fMins[i] -= 3;
		fMaxs[i] += 3;
	}

TR_TraceHullFilter(pos, pos, fMins, fMaxs, MASK_SOLID, TraceEntityFilterPlayer, entity);

return TR_DidHit();
}

bool TraceEntityFilterPlayer(int entity, int contentsMask)
{
	return false;
}