12% 

[L4D] PounceRecord 1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

roywheels
Old 08-11-2009 , 06:19   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ve View Post
thats what i thought i had a look but id ont know what im looking for to fix the problem if anyone knows ,could you point me in the right directions as this is bugging me now .

thanks in-advance
-d4ve
I'm a little confused as to what you want the record chart to show.

If you restricted the chart to only show the real capped damage done wouldn't the chart soon fill up with loads of 25 pounces- as that would be the maximum possible? Isn't it more fun to see the full potential of each pounce? It isn't affecting the actual damage in game.
Whosat
Old 08-11-2009 , 06:21   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by roywheels View Post
I'm a little confused as to what you want the record chart to show.

If you restricted the chart to only show the real capped damage done wouldn't the chart soon fill up with loads of 25 pounces- as that would be the maximum possible? Isn't it more fun to see the full potential of each pounce? It isn't affecting the actual damage in game.
Yeah you said what I wanted to say.

But if you want there's probably a short way to put in the code of the plugin to check if the pounce is > 25 dmg, then set the dmg to 25 for the MySQL query.
Old 08-11-2009 , 12:32   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by roywheels View Post
Another quick update...

@d4ve

I think the records are showing the pounce damage that could be done by the attack rather than the actual damage done in game.
Correct. Tracking only up to 25 will quickly fill the top x list. It seems pointless to me, doesn't it?
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2009 , 15:44   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #64

I haven't been following the entire length of this conversation, but I wanted to convert all >25.0 pounces to 25.0. It's VERY simple to do, and here's what I did:

1) Open parse.php
2) Find this line:
PHP Code:
$map   mysql_result($query,$i,"map"); 
3) After it, add:
PHP Code:
if($damage 25) {

$damage 25;

All done!
Whosat
Old 08-11-2009 , 17:52   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
I haven't been following the entire length of this conversation, but I wanted to convert all >25.0 pounces to 25.0. It's VERY simple to do, and here's what I did:

1) Open parse.php
2) Find this line:
PHP Code:
$map   mysql_result($query,$i,"map"); 
3) After it, add:
PHP Code:
if($damage 25) {

$damage 25;

All done!
Yup but that's for displaying the records only - the original >25 damage is still recorded into the MySQL DB. Just mentioning in case anyone goes to check their DB and wonders why its not working.
Old 08-25-2009 , 17:07   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #66

is this plug in only for keeping track of record pounces on a website or can i pull up a list of record pounces in game? if so whats the command to pull it up ingame, thx
n0limit
Old 08-26-2009 , 12:34   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by {TH} FIEF View Post
is this plug in only for keeping track of record pounces on a website or can i pull up a list of record pounces in game? if so whats the command to pull it up ingame, thx
Currently only for recording out of game, but I'd like to add in-game pounce record information in a later version.
LosTZealoT
Old 08-29-2009 , 15:42   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #68

I recent helped a friend who owns a server and use this plugin with a small thing in terms of the web interface. He wanted to have the website display ALL pounces, using pages much like a forum uses in displaying threads. I thought this would be cool too, so I wrote up some code and made it work. He was using crazydog's version of the web interface, with the search and all, so I did some tinkering with that. I'm not sure how much this feature is in demand, but I though it would be nice to share anyway.

There is quite a bit of code to be added to a few files to add this function, so it is somewhat impractical to give you the modifications. Most of the files here shouldn't be one's you've done too much customizing, except template.tpl. For that file, here is the most important custom code to modify:

Find:
PHP Code:
<?php include("./parse.php")?>
                </table>
                </div>
Add below it:
PHP Code:
<div align="right">
<?php 
$pagedoubledown 
$pagenumber-2;
$pagedown $pagenumber-1;
$pageup $pagenumber+1;
$pagedoubleup $pagenumber+2;

if (
$searchterm == "Player Name")
{
$searchtemp "";
}
else
{
$searchtemp $searchterm;
}

echo 
'<b><a href="index.php?pg=1&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">&lt;&lt;</a> ';
if (
$pagedown>=1)
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=' $pagedown '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">&lt;</a> ';
}
else
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=1&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">&lt;</a> ';
}

if (
$pagenumber>3)
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=1&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">1</a> ... ';
}

if (
$pagedoubledown>=1)
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=' $pagedoubledown '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">' $pagedoubledown '</a> ';
}
if (
$pagedown>=1)
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=' $pagedown '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">' $pagedown '</a> ';
}

echo 
'<i>' $pagenumber '</i> ';

if (
$pageup<=$pagetotal)
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=' $pageup '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">' $pageup '</a> ';
}
if (
$pagedoubleup<=$pagetotal)
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=' $pagedoubleup '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">' $pagedoubleup '</a> ';
}

if (
$pagenumber<($pagetotal-2))
{
echo 
'... <a href="index.php?pg=' $pagetotal '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">' $pagetotal '</a> ';
}

if (
$pageup<=$pagetotal)
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=' $pageup '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">&gt;</a> ';
}
else
{
echo 
'<a href="index.php?pg=' $pagetotal '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">&gt;</a> ';
}
echo 
'<b><a href="index.php?pg=' $pagetotal '&search=' $searchtemp '&type=' $searchtype '">&gt;&gt;</a></b> ';

?>
</div>
<div align="center">
            <?php if($distanceformat == 1)
                    {
                    echo 
"Distance displayed in game units. \n";
                    }
            elseif(
$distanceformat == 2)
                   {

$distance = ($distance 16);
                    echo 
"Distance displayed in feet. \n";
                    }
            elseif(
$distanceformat == 3)
                   {

$distance = ($distance 0.0213);
                   echo 
"Distance displayed in meters. \n";
                   }
?>

</div>
            <br>
<div align="center">
Displaying <?=number_format($listings);?> pounces out of a total of <?=$playercount;?> pounces in the database for <?php if(!isset($searchtype)){echo'everyone';}else{echo'players matching term: '.$searchterm;}?>.
</div>
Remove from page:
PHP Code:
Displaying the top <?=number_format($displaynumber);?> pounces out of a total of <?=$playercount;?> pounces in the database.
That line, telling you how many pounces are being displayed and how many are in the database, is modified in my version and moved.

Modify(Find the line that creates the "Back to all pounce" link and add "index.php" to the href:
PHP Code:
<?php if(isset($searchtype)){echo'<a href="">Back to all pounces</a><br>';}?>

--to-->

<?php if(isset($searchtype)){echo'<a href="index.php">Back to all pounces</a><br>';}?>

If there seem to be any errors or problems, please tell me!

(In the zip file below are just the files that I modified, NOT all the files required for this plugin)
Attached Files
File Type: zip l4dpounce1.2lostzealot.zip (3.6 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by LosTZealoT; 08-29-2009 at 18:41.
n0limit
Old 08-30-2009 , 05:24   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosTZealoT View Post
I recent helped a friend who owns a server and use this plugin with a small thing in terms of the web interface. He wanted to have the website display ALL pounces, using pages much like a forum uses in displaying threads. I thought this would be cool too, so I wrote up some code and made it work. He was using crazydog's version of the web interface, with the search and all, so I did some tinkering with that. I'm not sure how much this feature is in demand, but I though it would be nice to share anyway.
Cool man, thanks for sharing. We appreciate it.
{TH} FIEF
Old 08-30-2009 , 21:01   Re: [L4D] PounceRecord 1.1
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0limit View Post
Currently only for recording out of game, but I'd like to add in-game pounce record information in a later version.

thx for the reply. I'll keep my eye on this one and will gladly put it into my server if we can track pounces ingame