Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [REQUEST][Half-Life] Severian's Mod tripmine issue

Post New Thread Reply   

tiltedShrimp
Old 03-06-2024 , 08:57   [REQUEST][Half-Life] Severian's Mod tripmine issue
Reply With Quote #1

Hey !
I'll forward my post here from aghl.ru in the hopes to reach more potential people who'd be able to assist me as I suspect there is a broken part of the code or something similar of that nature:

I have an issue with this plugin, in particular, the tripmines. To my knowledge, when placing a tripmine with a secondary attack, it should emit a different laser beam and not the same one as with the primary attack. Im saying that because I've been in 8 different servers which had Severian's Mod, and whenever you'd place a tripmine using MOUSE2 in those servers, not only it would do 150% damage compared to MOUSE1, but the laser beam would look completely different, indicating that its a more potent tripmine. But when I installed this plugin into my server, both attacks work correctly in terms of damage dealt when triggered, secondary attack does 150% damage as it should, but the laser beam when the tripmine is deployed using the secondary attack is the same one as the primary attack's laser, which is the default Half-Life laser beam look.
Even in the plugin's description, they are describing the tripmine (when placed with a secondary attack) as a "lightning" mine, quoted:
* "Tripmines, when right-clicked, will place a 'lightning' mine which will blow up with 150% of the damage of a regular mine."

I will now attach a photo/.gif to visually show what I mean:

Primary attack tripmine laser beam look: https://i.imgur.com/fgV1tqX.jpeg

Secondary attack tripmine laser beam (how it should look like): https://i.imgur.com/nzJUqge.gifv
As you can see, it looks like "lightning" and is animated. (In-game, the beam is "moving" a lot faster, it just appears this slow in the .gif because of the capped FPS)

I'd like to add that I have a separate plugin, which makes the tripmine laser beam random color, not just the default green, also the mine itself glows. This has nothing to do with Severian's mod :good:

A link to the plugin: https://aghl.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=528

Thanks !

Last edited by tiltedShrimp; 03-07-2024 at 15:15. Reason: SOLVED
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2024 , 11:46   Re: [REQUEST][HL] Severian's Mod tripmine issue
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltedShrimp View Post
I'd like to add that I have a separate plugin, which makes the tripmine laser beam random color, not just the default green, also the mine itself glows. This has nothing to do with Severian's mod :good:
It has, actually. Try removing it and it will probably work as intended.
If you want to have both, you can try listing the random color plugin above the one you linked, maybe this way the lightning sprite will override the random one if they are both set in the same event.
Old 03-07-2024 , 11:54   Re: [REQUEST][HL] Severian's Mod tripmine issue
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
It has, actually. Try removing it and it will probably work as intended.
If you want to have both, you can try listing the random color plugin above the one you linked, maybe this way the lightning sprite will override the random one if they are both set in the same event.
Your advice worked like a charm, thank you so much !

SOLVED !