Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Strange console spam that kicks players

Post New Thread Reply   

Balloons
Old 04-14-2020 , 04:50   [L4D2] Strange console spam that kicks players
Reply With Quote #1

This is by far the most strangest and most concerning issue I've ever had.

A few friends of mine are able to join and play my server like normal but there are random instances of them getting kicked off with a strange error message followed by console spam with symbols.

Sometimes after rejoining, they are met with this "Pause" box that I believe causes the entire screen to spaz out like crazy.

Anybody familiar with this issue?

Last edited by Balloons; 05-14-2020 at 22:03. Reason: Privacy reasons
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-14-2020 , 09:21   Re: [L4D2] Strange console spam that kicks players
Reply With Quote #2

This is caused by overflowing the clients console buffer. I would suggest halfing the number of plugins, testing, and halfing again or restoring half etc until you can pin point the pluging causing it. If it happens regularly then you can solve the issue quickly. If it started happening recently look at what you changed or added, unless this is some malicious exploit caused by a 3rd party, maybe someone whos playing on the server at the time, maybe not connected at all.
Old 04-14-2020 , 21:37   Re: [L4D2] Strange console spam that kicks players
Reply With Quote #3

I remember redownloading and installing the whole dedicated server and the latest version of Sourcemod. I dragged and dropped every plugin, gamedata, cfg, and extension from the backup into the fresh server folder while not replacing any of the existing crucial files that came from the Sourcemod installation.

Not only that, I think I've made a bad decision by re-replacing the SpeakingList.smx plugin and voicehook.ext. I remember having an issue with a certain different version of the plugin where those strange symbols in the console screenshot above would appear whenever a player would speak in voice EXCEPT they appeared in the server console, not the client's.