Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2/Any?]Looking for Plugin Enabler on Themed Events

Post New Thread Reply   

5000MangledCows
Old 02-07-2015 , 08:45   [TF2/Any?]Looking for Plugin Enabler on Themed Events
Reply With Quote #1

Whenever I search "Event enable plugins" I get plugins that enable plugins/commands for in-game events, like on deaths or on kills or on revenge/domination. I was actually looking for a simple plugin that enables other plugins on certain events like Smissmas, Scream Fortress or TF's Birthday, by detecting the values of cvars like "tf_halloween", because I have some plugins that I only want to enable during those times as something special. Of course I don't write plugins, but I'm sure many of you on the forums can, so it would be nice if you could just write this so I can make some manual processes easier. Thanks!
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2015 , 04:56   Re: [TF2/Any?]Looking for Plugin Enabler on Themed Events
Reply With Quote #2

Sure it's possible but wich plugin you want to allow during a event?
Old 02-19-2015 , 09:38   Re: [TF2/Any?]Looking for Plugin Enabler on Themed Events
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
Sure it's possible but wich plugin you want to allow during a event?
I was thinking of this plugin for my MvM server, but if this was public, I thought it should be a cvar that could be set, like sm_pluginenabler_plugin "PLUGINNAME, EVENTCVARNAME", or something.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2015 , 10:19   Re: [TF2/Any?]Looking for Plugin Enabler on Themed Events
Reply With Quote #4

As a side note to any devs looking into doing this, TF2_IsHolidayActive can be used to find out if specific holidays are currently enabled.

However, at some point Valve in-lined the better holiday detection and SM had to revert back to the worse one... so you may not be able to detect Eternaween-enabled holidays (for example).