0% 

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

SaintK
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2013 , 11:08   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #801

Hi,

We've installed this mod and run it by it's defaults. For some reason when the rockets are fired, after a short while they lose their teamcolour and the fire coming out from the rocket disappears.

Any idea what is up with that? I don't see any errors on the console which aren't marked as normal in this thread.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-07-2013 , 11:09   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintK View Post
Hi,

We've installed this mod and run it by it's defaults. For some reason when the rockets are fired, after a short while they lose their teamcolour and the fire coming out from the rocket disappears.

Any idea what is up with that? I don't see any errors on the console which aren't marked as normal in this thread.
The last TF2 update broke particles, you'll see lots of errors in the client console.
Old 01-07-2013 , 12:16   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The last TF2 update broke particles, you'll see lots of errors in the client console.
Interestingly I don't get them errors in my console.

But as you say its being caused by the latest TF2 update I'll expect a fix from VALVe in about a year or 2 ;)

Thanks!
KiRRA
Old 01-08-2013 , 00:43   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #804

Asherkin, quick question for ya.

I know you're not doing much with the whole nuke model thing but....

Do you happen to know how to edit the code to rotate the nuke model 90 degrees, as when the nukes spawn, all the rockets come out sideways. So I'm having the quad rockets flying directly at me, but they are facing to MY right. Technically the rocket would have to rotate 90 degrees clockwise to be oriented correctly...I think.

Can you show me where in the code I can edit this to atleast make this render properly and in the proper direction? Everything else seems perfect thus far with no problems minus one more small thing. Don't know if it's related to the plugin or not.

Before installing the plugin loading into a game seemed fine BUT, after installing it seems my HTML MOTD gets cuts in half on every map change/connection/class selection. It only does this the first time I view it but when I first view it as soon as I join the server, one half is the MOTD page, and the other is the class selection screen...it's like they are fighting for the same space on screen at the same time. Any ideas of what might be causing that issue?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-08-2013 , 07:29   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #805

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRRA View Post
Do you happen to know how to edit the code to rotate the nuke model 90 degrees, as when the nukes spawn, all the rockets come out sideways. So I'm having the quad rockets flying directly at me, but they are facing to MY right. Technically the rocket would have to rotate 90 degrees clockwise to be oriented correctly...I think.

Can you show me where in the code I can edit this to atleast make this render properly and in the proper direction?
Is this a custom model?

Quote:
Before installing the plugin loading into a game seemed fine BUT, after installing it seems my HTML MOTD gets cuts in half on every map change/connection/class selection. It only does this the first time I view it but when I first view it as soon as I join the server, one half is the MOTD page, and the other is the class selection screen...it's like they are fighting for the same space on screen at the same time. Any ideas of what might be causing that issue?
Bah, trust Valve to break everything in time. Set sm_dodgeball_autojoin to 0.
Old 01-08-2013 , 07:37   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #806

No custom models, just the stock "Sentry Level 3 Rockets" or however it was labelled that was stock in the plugin. Don't know why they're sideways....haven't heard any other complaints before....idk.

Haha, would you expect anything less from Valve? Alrighty, I'll change that cvar and give that a try then. THanks mate!
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-08-2013 , 07:43   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #807

Quote:
No custom models, just the stock "Sentry Level 3 Rockets" or however it was labelled that was stock in the plugin. Don't know why they're sideways....haven't heard any other complaints before....idk.
That is very, very odd! I think I've seen that once before, but it only happened for the first rocket or something. I'll check the math, it's probably just wrong.
Old 01-08-2013 , 08:41   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #808

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply and hopefully it's something simple, whether it's on my end or the plugin. I hope to hear any news regarding a solution soon....whether it was math....or that I'm drunk and I need to go home. lol

I thought it might have been the model at first so I tried switching the models just to see (changed it the the MvM atom bomb) and the same thing happened as well. So definitely don't think it's the models themselves that are causing some issues.

Thank you and great work on such a lovely plugin! Definitely fun...and I don't usually frequent the pyro class.
KiRRA
Old 01-10-2013 , 14:08   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #809

o_O

Well uhm...this is odd. Been trying to test the mod out a little more get everything setup properly within the server and after watching a few of the nukes. It seems the nuke models don't always get turned 90 degrees counter clockwise to where they come at you sideways....now it seems sometimes they come at me sideways AND upside down.

o_O

Haha, any idea what is causing that one? Again, only seems to be noticeable on the nuke model (quad rockets) regardless of what model is used though. My rockets have been drinking and need to go home it seems.
KiRRA
Old 01-16-2013 , 21:37   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #810

Asherkin,

I don't mean to bug you yet again but I am currently doing a beta test with this plugin within my community and I've run across a setting that most palyers are finding quite annoying and such. Pyros still have the ability to use the main function of the flame thrower and burn opponents, is there anyway to turn that off? Maybe add a cvar to enable or disable it?

Quite a few of the players do not like that players have that ability and I would much rather have it disabled. Thank you bunches!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29
Nichoolas
This message has been deleted by asherkin. Reason: Spam.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:49
DemoroCZ
This message has been deleted by DemoroCZ.