Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.3B53 (MOVED)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2009 , 02:04   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
Question, the stats cfg file lists sm_l4dstats_perfectpouncedamage max value as 25, but my server has a max of 40, can you not hardcode the max pounce value please.
I'm not sure I understand you correctly. I don't think there is anything hardcoded in there. Just set the CVAR value you mentioned to something more difficult. It is only the limit of getting the Perfect Pounce -award (aka Death From Above).

EDIT: Oh yeah... sorry about that! Totally forgot I put the perfect pounce cap to 25. Yeah sure... I will put that in the next update. In the meanwhile why don't you go ahead and edit+compile that particular value in the source? Here's a short how-to:

Modify this:
PHP Code:
cvar_HunterPerfectPounceDamage CreateConVar("sm_l4dstats_perfectpouncedamage""25""The amount of damage from Perfect Pounce to earn success points"FCVAR_PLUGINtrue15.0true25.0); 
To this:
PHP Code:
cvar_HunterPerfectPounceDamage CreateConVar("sm_l4dstats_perfectpouncedamage""<YOUR_PREFERRED_VALUE_HERE>""The amount of damage from Perfect Pounce to earn success points"FCVAR_PLUGINtrue15.0); 

Last edited by muukis; 10-22-2009 at 09:25.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-22-2009 , 21:59   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Another thing I noticed was that the FIRE damage from a molly counts against you. Can you add something to disable that from counting on the rank? It's highly annoying and drives your score down FAST.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-22-2009 , 22:00   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Sorry another feature request, could you add commands that are restricted except by other plugins that can subtract\add rank points to a player and provide a reason? This way we can mod the smoker damage cloud to give points to the smoker who created it when it hurts a person, and minus points from a person when they are in it or something. Other mods can then input to yours
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2009 , 08:02   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Thraka: Doesn't the ff-cooldown work for you when someone steps on your fire? I could remove the fire ff all together, but I think fire is the worst of a kind when speaking of ff... at least in higher level of difficulty. You can kill your whole team with one well put molotov in expert difficulty. I have to think about the ways to do this... maybe a lowered penalty on fire base ff or something? The request for commands is doable... I will add that to the ToDo list.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-23-2009 , 11:36   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Hrm, I don't think it did. I saw two messages on the screen for the fire right after throwing it. I threw it to kill all the zombies coming at us but we were running through it a bit.

My server has expert level friendly fire, so the penalty for FF is set at 100, and for fire having it lowered much less would be better.

OR maybe an alternative all together would be the health lost from FF is the points removed *X or something?

Additionally, how does the tank points system work? I have a guy whose been tank a few times, and has played for about 11 hours and has 23,000 points. Another guy who just started playing here has played for 5 hours and has 33,000 points. All I can think of is tank.

[BUG] The player search is case sensitive

[BUG] When you find a player via player search, it lists 0 for all the values for the player in the search results.

[BUG] Description for sm_l4dstats_boomerperfectsuccess says: Base score for a successful pounce

[BUG] Tanks Killed with No Deaths, Tanks Killed with Team, Friendlies saved from hunters is always displaying 0 on the webpage
Update: These are starting to show for some people. But even though I've killed tons of tanks, I don't have any listed while others do. My hunter saves are really low for playing three campaigns.

[BUG] All Surivors Dead we did with the infected, but didn't count any

[EDIT][BUG] I tested the cooldown it's like 3 seconds even though it's set to 10. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works? I did further testing and once the server was full, no cooldowns worked it seemed
[EDIT 2] Ok I browsed the code, is this the error with cooldown? Here is the code
Code:
1.FriendlyFireCooldownPrm[FriendlyFireCooldownPrmCounter][0] = Attacker;
2.FriendlyFireCooldownPrm[FriendlyFireCooldownPrmCounter][1] = Target;
3.FriendlyFireCooldownTimer[Attacker][Target] = CreateTimer(GetConVarFloat(cvar_FriendlyFireCooldown), timer_FriendlyFireCooldownEnd, FriendlyFireCooldownPrmCounter++);
Line 3, You're increasing FriendlyFireCooldownPrmCounter when you send it to the timer, isn't that wrong? don't you want to do this instead?
Code:
1.FriendlyFireCooldownTimer[Attacker][Target] = CreateTimer(GetConVarFloat(cvar_FriendlyFireCooldown), timer_FriendlyFireCooldownEnd, FriendlyFireCooldownPrmCounter);
2.FriendlyFireCooldownPrmCounter += 1;
Thanks again for this awesome work!

Last edited by Thraka; 10-25-2009 at 16:06.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2009 , 04:21   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Thraka: Thanks for the feedback! I will look into the issues you've discovered. The cooldown code should work the same in both of your examples. the ++ will increment the variable by one after the line is processed. So it is the same as in your example. I'll have to time it to make sure the timer works as I hoped for. There might be problems with the events not being very cross thread safe? If that is so, then I need to check the whole plugin for similar issues.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2009 , 19:08   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Sure thing. This is a big hit and anything I can do to help, I'm willing!

My server has rescue closets enabled for versus, and when a team member has died, and is rescued, it still counts as 4/4 in the safe room for stats. I think you should still get the 3/4 penalty in that case. Rescue closet may or may not appear, and they still let their teammate die.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-28-2009 , 09:27   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
the ++ will increment the variable by one after the line is processed.
I would double check this. Most languages evaluate the code being passed to a method prior to execution of said method. For example, if you used a return value from another method in a call to another method:

returnValue = FirstMethod(SecondMethod());

It's not going to execute the FirstMethod, then run SecondMethod. It will execute SecondMethod and send that return value to FirstMethods first parameter. Same for

returnValue = FirstMethod(SecondMethod()++);

It's not going to execute SecondMethod, then FirstMethod, then add 1 to nothing (because SecondMethod already ran).
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-28-2009 , 12:49   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Can I ask where the achievements are setup? I've searched almost everywhere I cannot find anything.
Also. The "City Buster" one seems to be setup incorrect. it says about killing more than 394 however I had to kill at least 3000 for it to appear.

Last edited by DDR Khat; 10-28-2009 at 13:07.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2009 , 02:48   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) v1.2B86

Thraka: You are right, but the ++-operator works "differently". Here is an example how I believe it works in Sourcemod:
  1. If ++ precedes the variable, e.g. ++counter, the value returned is the value in counter after it has been incremented.
  2. If ++ follows the variable, e.g. counter++, the value returned is the value in counter before it has been incremented.
DDR Khat: Thanks... I'll take a look soon.
Closed Thread