Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S/CS:GO/TF2] shavit's bhoptimer (v2.5.5a 08/August/2019)

Post New Thread Reply   

shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2017 , 14:53   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaketheplayer1 View Post
Can you add a segmented/checkpoint mode?
Exists in the newest version from GitHub already.
Veteran Member
Old 09-17-2017 , 15:15   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1337 View Post
No man, i said: on mg maps (course) when you die, you immediately respawn - and I do not need it.
Yeah I think I know what you mean. I myself use another plugin for repawns, and to turn off respawn when the spawnkill period starts. Some maps have built in spawnkill after 1 minute or something. With the core respawn in Shavit Bhop Timer you will just repsawn and instantly die. This is a problem.
Where in the core SP files can I remove the automatic respawn?

Update: Just comment line 1991 in shavit-misc.sp
CreateTimer(gF_AutoRespawn, Respawn, GetClientSerial(client), TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE);

And change the line 147 in shavit-timelimit.sp to false, like this:
mp_ignore_round_win_conditions.BoolValue = false;

And be sure to disable bot reply which will mess it up since the bots don't seam to be affected of the spawnkill.

Last edited by Schpraaankiii; 09-17-2017 at 15:47.
Send a message via Skype™ to Schpraaankiii
michaelrw
Old 09-21-2017 , 00:50   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1073

any news on the ranking system? gosh what i would give for the rankings to be finished.. this is, in my opinion, the best timer system out there.. just missing the rankings and I would gladly rezone all of my maps (and make a huge donation)
michaelrw
Old 09-21-2017 , 17:36   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1074

i just realized that the rankings branch was updated about 10 days ago, .. i hadnt checked it in over a week, and what a pleasant surprise it was.

@shavit
has the entire points system described (https://github.com/shavitush/bhoptimer/issues/465) been implemented? I just reinstalled on one of my servers and i like what i see so far (compared a last month when i tried)

also, are there plans to implement a tag system for ranks? ie. ranks 1-10 [BHOP GOD], ranks 11-50 [PRO], etc etc
cytrus224
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-22-2017 , 10:39   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
are there plans to implement a tag system for ranks? ie. ranks 1-10 [BHOP GOD], ranks 11-50 [PRO], etc etc
Yes, he said that he'll re-add this feature after finishing rankings and rewriting shavit-chat
michaelrw
Old 09-22-2017 , 16:36   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1076

Quote:
Originally Posted by cytrus224 View Post
Yes, he said that he'll re-add this feature after finishing rankings and rewriting shavit-chat
that would be sick. its literally the last thing im waiting for and then i can call this the most complete, public bhop timer. Im liking the new rankings system, it seems to be working pretty well for me. Can't wait to get the chat tags!!
michaelrw
Old 09-26-2017 , 01:38   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
no but i'll start working on bonus timers this/next week
is there a method of adding multiple bonus runs? currently, when trying to add a second bonus start/end zone, the first one is overwritten automatically.
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-26-2017 , 07:50   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1078

Quote:
is there a method of adding multiple bonus runs? currently, when trying to add a second bonus start/end zone, the first one is overwritten automatically.
Yes, but it's not supported.

I haven't tested it but it should work like this:
1. Open scripting/include/shavit.inc
2. Edit the following:
Code:
enum
{
	Track_Main,
	Track_Bonus,
	TRACKS_SIZE
};
To
Code:
enum
{
	Track_Main,
	Track_Bonus,
	Track_Bonus2,
	Track_Bonus3,
	Track_Bonus4,
	TRACKS_SIZE
};
3. Recompile all of shavit-* files.
4. Open translations/shavit-common.phrases.txt
5. Add the following entries, below Track_1's entry:
Code:
"Track_2"
{
	"en"		"Bonus 2"
}

"Track_3"
{
	"en"		"Bonus 3"
}

"Track_4"
{
	"en"		"Bonus 4"
}

Some things might be weird (like you won't be able to access the !wr menu for bonuses without adding your own command for them, or teleporting to them, or you might have issues with the zones of them) but that's because I never really supported multiple tracks in first place. Bonus however is a must and I rarely see maps with over one bonus to begin with..
Old 10-11-2017 , 07:51   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1079

Quote:
that would be sick. its literally the last thing im waiting for and then i can call this the most complete, public bhop timer. Im liking the new rankings system, it seems to be working pretty well for me. Can't wait to get the chat tags!!
Is there any specific rank names you want & what points/ranks do you want each one at? I've currently got it displaying in chat and on the scoreboard i'm just not too sure what points are good for each rank and i don't know how to make a .cfg file for them (don't code Sourcepawn much). If you can give me a good basis ill release the code here for you to use.

I'm not the greatest Sourcepawn coder but it works currently.

Heres a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/3j7t1

If you want ranks to have a specific colour i can do that as well. Its very basic atm but ill fix it up if you let me know what points to set everything at.

I'm using this as a bit of a basis to learn Sourcepawn so i'm happy to help when i can
michaelrw
Old 10-13-2017 , 03:06   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.4b 21/September/2015)
Reply With Quote #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatazz View Post
Is there any specific rank names you want & what points/ranks do you want each one at? I've currently got it displaying in chat and on the scoreboard i'm just not too sure what points are good for each rank and i don't know how to make a .cfg file for them (don't code Sourcepawn much). If you can give me a good basis ill release the code here for you to use.

I'm not the greatest Sourcepawn coder but it works currently.

Heres a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/3j7t1

If you want ranks to have a specific colour i can do that as well. Its very basic atm but ill fix it up if you let me know what points to set everything at.

I'm using this as a bit of a basis to learn Sourcepawn so i'm happy to help when i can
well, instead of using a system like 0-100 points = ranktitle1, 101-300 = ranktitle2, etc
its more ideal to use a percentage/percentile system. so, something like the top 3 players overall will each get a unique rank title, then players in the top 5% will get another, then those in the top 15-6% will get another, 25-16% will get one, etc. This is calculate by <players rank> / <total players with a rank>. So, rank 10/100 will be in 10%, rank 10/400 is 4%, etc. This is the best way because it takes into account the total number of ranks and ensure a distribution of players across all ranks rather than have everyone start at the bottom (in terms of points) and work their way up. If you dont feel like you can do this and you just want a quick and dirty system like the first system i discussed, go take a look at the config file from Influx timer and thats how he did his (but even the developer of that has said its a bad system).

for comparison (w/o giving away private info), there is a private timer system from blacky that uses a rank config that allows you to assign tags based on various keyvalues.. steamid, admin flag, raw rank, percentage rank, etc. that way its a one-stop show with tags.. admins and mods and VIPs all get their tags and it doesnt conflict with rank tags becuase there is a priority system that dictates which tag should be assigned (say for a mod who also has a rank.. shoulkd he ge tthe rank tag or the 'mod' tag).

Last edited by michaelrw; 10-13-2017 at 03:10.