Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] Simple Fastdownload

Post New Thread Reply   

addone
Old 04-22-2020 , 01:17   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #11

Which port? My server runs on 27099 and I have this UDP / TCP port open.
kearney
Old 06-08-2022 , 04:45   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #12

Hello.

Thanks for making this addon- it seems to be the perfect solution to a problem I've been having.

However, I just can't seem to get it to work. The addon itself functions, as the sm_fastdownload_list_files command returns the answer expected but otherwise no data is sent from my server to clients.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
AndroSynth
Old 06-10-2022 , 15:32   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearney View Post
Hello....The addon itself functions,...
Having issues using it myself due to problems building webcon due to use of Moveable and an update to the amtl library. Did you downgrade your amtl library to build the extension or did you fix the webcon issue? Or is there a binary version of webcon out there that I'm missing?

Edit: Literally on the webcon + conplex forum page below the github links is the download link. (I'm an idiot)

Unfortunately don't have an answer for your problem but I'd be glad to look if I can get to the same point.

Last edited by AndroSynth; 06-10-2022 at 18:13.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-10-2022 , 15:43   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #14

The very large Download link in the Webcon / Conplex post links to prebuilt binaries.
Old 06-10-2022 , 18:09   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The very large Download link in the Webcon / Conplex post links to prebuilt binaries.
Wow, thanks. Don't know how I managed to miss that and end up at the source instead.
kearney
Old 06-10-2022 , 23:00   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroSynth View Post
Having issues using it myself due to problems building webcon due to use of Moveable and an update to the amtl library. Did you downgrade your amtl library to build the extension or did you fix the webcon issue? Or is there a binary version of webcon out there that I'm missing?

Edit: Literally on the webcon + conplex forum page below the github links is the download link. (I'm an idiot)

Unfortunately don't have an answer for your problem but I'd be glad to look if I can get to the same point.
Thanks for the response, not sure if I'm missing something obvious here.

Did you end up getting it working after using the large "Download" link? I took webcon and conplex from there, compiled webcon just in case and nothing changed. I'm testing this on tf2 and tf2 classic (changed conplex.games.txt config of tf2c to match tf2, unsure if this is a good solution).

I appreciate any leads, I'm really lost here.

Cheers.

Last edited by kearney; 06-11-2022 at 01:54.
AndroSynth
Old 06-16-2022 , 21:51   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kearney View Post
I appreciate any leads, I'm really lost here.
Cheers.
Welcome to any help I have to give. To be clear I'm barely even a beginner at most of this stuff (CS server hosting in general and Sourcemod). To date I still haven't connected with my CSS playing buddies to test off of LAN. I've done all my testing on one system, so I'm not sure if that somehow affects my results. However before I did this, even downloads to my client on the same system as the server took a long time to DL, the new map I tested went much much faster (minutes to seconds).

Yes after my original mixup I just used the combined download link for webcon and conplex. I originally was trying to build it from scratch but I had some issues doing that anyway. I did compile the fastdownload plugin though.

Some things to try in no particular order,
  • Not sure what your setting for sv_pure is but I'm on "sv_pure 0"
  • It looks like I did rebuild the simple-fastdownload.smx instead of using the version packaged in the download here. Not sure if you did the same.
  • I haven't set any of the variables for fastdownload, all default settings.
  • I did change net_maxfilesize in the past to a arbitrary large value, I guess that could cause issues if too low.
  • I'm running this on a Windows 10 machine, not sure if you're on linux or not but that could be a possible difference.
  • Things regarding SDKHooks are way above what I understand about this ecosystem. That would be an obvious location to investigate further but I don't know if I can help you there.

Not sure if that'll be any help, good luck, feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to answer.
ToppyTopology
Old 06-17-2022 , 02:43   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #18

Awesome plugin! It works nicely when it automatically puts maps from the map cycle into the fastdl

Though I don't really know how would I use sv_downloadurl_bz2folder convar, does it check for a specific folder in the server's game directory (e.g. cstrike, tf)? I did that (setting sv_downloadurl_bz2folder to a folder inside game directory) but unfortunately it only downloads maps that are only listed from the map cycle, does not download models, textures etc.

I also tried to see what would happen if I disable sv_downloadurl_add_mapcycle, it still downloads maps listed from the mapcycle. The maps shows up too in the download whitelist given by the command sm_fastdownload_list_files

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited by ToppyTopology; 06-17-2022 at 18:44.
iretr_0
Old 07-24-2022 , 12:24   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #19

Hey, first of all thanks for the work.
To anyone having issues with only your localhost being able to get download the maps check your sv_downloadurl:
"sv_downloadurl" = "http://192.168.0.16:27015/fastdl" ( def. "" )
Mine always defaults to my internal ipv4! all you have to do in this case is change sv_downloadurl_hostname to your public ipv4

Anyways that's all good and all but I haven't figured out a way to automate this process.

I have two issues:

I would like to dynamically get/store in a variable (prefferably using srcds stuff only, no .sh or .bat) my public ipv4 so I can, in a cfg file, set sv_downloadurl_hostname to my public ipv4.

and...

I've tried using a fixed value for it but since sv_downloadurl_hostname is a command only available once it's plugin is loaded I can't just plug it into the server.cfg. If anyone knows a way around that too I would love to hear about it.

Anyways, that's where I'm stuck at. I would love some help.
iretr_0
Old 07-25-2022 , 20:03   Re: [ANY] Simple Fastdownload
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by iretr_0 View Post
Hey, first of all thanks for the work.
To anyone having issues with only your localhost being able to get download the maps check your sv_downloadurl:
"sv_downloadurl" = "http://192.168.0.16:27015/fastdl" ( def. "" )
Mine always defaults to my internal ipv4! all you have to do in this case is change sv_downloadurl_hostname to your public ipv4

Anyways that's all good and all but I haven't figured out a way to automate this process.

I have two issues:

I would like to dynamically get/store in a variable (prefferably using srcds stuff only, no .sh or .bat) my public ipv4 so I can, in a cfg file, set sv_downloadurl_hostname to my public ipv4.

and...

I've tried using a fixed value for it but since sv_downloadurl_hostname is a command only available once it's plugin is loaded I can't just plug it into the server.cfg. If anyone knows a way around that too I would love to hear about it.

Anyways, that's where I'm stuck at. I would love some help.

Update:
I solved both my issues.

The second issue (regarding sv_downloadurl_hostname not saving): Turns out it was being overwritten by another CFG. This was easy to fix, the config file for this plugin like so many others can be found under .\tf\cfg\sourcemod\plugin.simple-fastdownload.cfg

The first issue (regarding getting my public ipv4 on server start): I made a power shell script that does that (yes I'm on windows...). Just set a var to this "$ip = Invoke-RestMethod ipinfo.io/ip" command and replace it in a string. You can output the result using OutFile like so: "$message | Out-File -Encoding ASCII -FilePath .\tf\cfg\sourcemod\plugin.simple-fastdownload.cfg"

Yeah... I feel like a lot of the userbase of this plugin are going to be people like me who just want to run an on demand local server for friends to join or to test out plugins so I hope this helps people. PM me for the full ps1 script if you can't do it yourself!

Thanks again to OP for making this. Never again filezila.... never again....