Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.33) [28-Jan-2024]

Post New Thread Reply   

the_sniperboy94
Old 01-17-2020 , 13:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #261

hi. i have a question. for some reason when someone give me items, the text doesn't show. like when a survivor give me pipebomb or whatever and the text doesn't show up on my screen. it shows the text before but now it's not showing anymore. is it because one of the workshop mod is conflicting it or one of the plugins is conflicting it. sorry i'm new here. i don't know where to post a question so i thought i post it here
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-17-2020 , 15:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sniperboy94 View Post
hi. i have a question. for some reason when someone give me items, the text doesn't show. like when a survivor give me pipebomb or whatever and the text doesn't show up on my screen. it shows the text before but now it's not showing anymore. is it because one of the workshop mod is conflicting it or one of the plugins is conflicting it. sorry i'm new here. i don't know where to post a question so i thought i post it here
The text won't show at the start of each round for about 45 seconds. After that it should show unless the notify cvar has it turned off. Recommend double checking the cvars config. If you updated from version < 2.0 to the latest I suggest deleting the cvars config so it's regenerated. There shouldn't be any plugin conflict and workshop mods seem unlikely to interfere unless you have some malicious mod like Helms Deep that's disabling for whatever reason.
Old 01-17-2020 , 17:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
The text won't show at the start of each round for about 45 seconds. After that it should show unless the notify cvar has it turned off. Recommend double checking the cvars config. If you updated from version < 2.0 to the latest I suggest deleting the cvars config so it's regenerated. There shouldn't be any plugin conflict and workshop mods seem unlikely to interfere unless you have some malicious mod like Helms Deep that's disabling for whatever reason.
how do i update it. i think the version i have is v1.9.0.6251. i did check the cvars config and i have the config like this. l4d_gear_transfer_notify "1" but it still didn't show the text. i did try to download again but it's still the same version not 2.0 or higher
Silvers
Old 01-17-2020 , 17:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sniperboy94 View Post
how do i update it. i think the version i have is v1.9.0.6251. i did check the cvars config and i have the config like this. l4d_gear_transfer_notify "1" but it still didn't show the text. i did try to download again but it's still the same version not 2.0 or higher
I guess you're missing the translations then. See first post for install notes. Also delete the cvars config when updating to 2.x.
Old 01-17-2020 , 19:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #265

Quote:
I guess you're missing the translations then. See first post for install notes. Also delete the cvars config when updating to 2.x.
nvm i think i know now. it's because i have the l4d_incapped_grenade plugin and translations. when i remove that it start showing text again. sorry for asking lots of question
Silvers
Old 01-17-2020 , 19:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #266

I don't understand why that would cause the chat messages not to show?

Edit: tested with that plugin and the notifications show for me.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-17-2020 at 19:33.
ridiculousties
Old 02-09-2020 , 03:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #267

Im not sure what is causing this but bots are always taking items that i pick before then making duplicates of the same item, it seems to happend with everything i take before them.
Im using the last version and i didnt touch any cvar from the cfg.
Silvers
Old 02-10-2020 , 19:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculousties View Post
Im not sure what is causing this but bots are always taking items that i pick before then making duplicates of the same item, it seems to happend with everything i take before them.
Unable to replicate the problem.

Code:
2.7 (11-Feb-2020)
    - Fixed switching first aid with bots instead of healing them.
    - Fixed bots auto giving straight away after you gave them adrenaline/pills.
    - Fixed players instantly grabbing from bots after they gave adrenaline/pills.
Not sure how this slipped through for so long without anyone reporting.
Old 02-10-2020 , 22:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.6) [06-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #269

Quote:
Unable to replicate the problem.
I made a clean installation of the sourcemod using only this plugin and still got the same result, but if i use one of the older versions it doesnt happen (i think the one i still got is from 2012).

Best way to test it is on the beginning of swamp fever, there is always some throwables at the start of the map, the weird thing is that i cant replicated all the time the bug when they pick pills or adrenaline but with throwables is always happening.
TiTz
Old 02-14-2020 , 21:04   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.7) [11-Feb-2020]
Reply With Quote #270

Hi Silvers,

I'm having a problem with this plugin ( at least I think it's possible this plugin may be causing the issue )
Sometimes when bots are passing me items, it forces me to revert to pistols.
I have the plugin set to l4d_gear_transfer_method "2" 2=Reload key only -

The only Plugin I am using I suspect may conflict with the gear transfer plugin maybe
[L4D] Multiple Equipments
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2639385