Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Remember the frags

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Statistical       
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2004 , 11:39   Remember the frags

Frags and deaths count will be remembered by server when you log off/map changes/server shuts down. Next time you log on your frags and deaths count will be like they were when you left.
With a cvar you can have the stats reset after a specific amount of seconds and when a new map loads - this way you can prevent "reconnectors" since their frags + deaths will remain unchanged for the specified time, or until a new map loads.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (rememberthefrags.sma - 1185 views - 10.6 KB)
knocker
Old 05-15-2004 , 08:53  

is there a possibility to choose on which events and how long the frags/deaths are stored?

id like to use it to punish reconnecters who reconnect to hide their bad scores. its really annoying nowadays ...
so the plugin shouldnt store their score on mapchange but just for 15 minutes after a players disconnects. so if he just reconnects he has his old score again but didnt gain anything ...
Send a message via ICQ to knocker
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2004 , 09:27  

Well maybe that could be fixed just by emptying the saved stats when a new map loads? Would be easy.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2004 , 16:26  

umm Johny someone asked If I can combine this with another plugin that I was working on that stops them from reconnecting within a certain time.. I dunno what your take on it is so im asking here. If you agree the plugin will have your name in the register too. and ofcourse in the thread also? thanx

EDIT- here's the URL :http://130.215.27.179/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2164
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2004 , 06:50  

That someone would be "knocker" who posted above, and I've already fixed that for this plugin.

So with this new version, set rememberthefrags_resetonnewmap to 1 and when a new map loads the vault where the stats are saved, will be emptied.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2004 , 07:35  

Ok I already made the next update. The cvar changed into "rememberthefrags_resetseconds".

Set it to 0 and stats will be remembered forever.
Set it to 600 and users' stats will be reset upon new map, or if the map is still running, after 600 seconds from the time they left your server.
Set it to -1 and users' stats will be reset upon new map without being reset as long as original map is running.
knocker
Old 05-17-2004 , 12:54  

yes, it was my request ... his plugin had the concept to give reconnecters no advantage, but the point of keeping the stats was missing ;)
FeliX
Old 05-17-2004 , 14:18  

What a cool idea, putting it one of our servers right away ;)
knocker
Old 05-18-2004 , 12:17  

i tested your plugin this morning, but somehow it isnt working correctly. it seems it doesnt write the stats to the vault. plugin is running and resets the vault data at mapchange but vault.ini is always empty ...
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2004 , 12:19  

is your vault writeable? as in chmoded to 777. just an idea.