Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Left 4 Dead (and L4D2) Anti-Camp plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

eyeonus
Old 08-19-2009 , 00:39   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #11

Yes it will, as the code we share is the code you have for 3 campers.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2009 , 16:11   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #12

Hi !

Is it the same "slap" as in the "fun stuff" plugin(which appears in the sm_admin menu) ?
When I slap someone many times in a row, letīs say 6 times in 2 seconds, this player lifts up in the air higher and higher. When I stop slapping the player falls down immediately and dies if the fall damage was too high. Not fun at all .

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 08-20-2009 at 16:18.
eyeonus
Old 08-21-2009 , 00:23   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #13

Yes, it's the same slap command, but you don't have to worry about the dying thing- it doesn't slap fast enough for that.
Will Will
Old 08-22-2009 , 15:26   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #14

more then 8 ppl is doesnt work right?

only 4vs4?

i mean sometime i will play in 6vs6...so...

and can u try work in the coop too...that a good ide anyway thank you

Last edited by Will Will; 08-22-2009 at 15:30.
eyeonus
Old 08-22-2009 , 23:35   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #15

Yes, it's only for standard 4v4 maps. It wouldn't be hard to make it work for larger groups, I'd just have to make a few arrays larger.

And it won't work in coop- for some reason, in coop, the player-left-start-room event doesn't trigger on any level after the first, so my plugin doesn't turn on.
Langford
Old 08-24-2009 , 17:45   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #16

I Have a Suggestion for the next version if there is going to be one and that would be to check it the survivors are inside the radius for a certain amount of time before showing the warning and then the slap since I have used this and it can be annoying when you are running side by side and then the warning message displays! thanks
Old 08-24-2009 , 23:26   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #17

I want to make the warning go away when the timer is canceled, and I want the "in x seconds" to countdown how much time is left.

I don't know how to do either of those yet, though. Anyone know a good place to find out?

And in an unrelated note, doe anyone know why posting is broken in Firefox? I can't post, reply, or edit my posts, I have to start up IE to do anything.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2009 , 03:19   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #18

Does someone have performance issues with this plugin installed or are the servers running smoothly? I once had the "restricted zones" plugin installed and it had a 0.5s timer too and my servers got laggy as hell because of the permanent checks. After I changed the timer to 2s it worked OK. I would like to install this but before that I would appreciate feedback from guys who have used it out-of-the-box for at least 1 day. Thanks in advance ! Hm, why is it necessary to set the timer to 0.5s ? Wouldnīt 1 second or 1.5s also be okay ?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2009 , 04:43   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #19

OK, I tried the plugin now for 2 hours. I set the values for both timers to 0.75.
But nevertheless I had to remove it, why:
The plugin is not able to distinguish whether survivors are in a spot where they HAVE to stick together or really camping. Basically itīs a "how close are they to each other" check. Get in the elevator in no mercy, you get camping alert. get on the lift at the gas station in NM3, you get camping alert. just standing close to each other and shooting hordes... camping alert. Help a buddy who got boomed and stick close to him, camping alert... Even when going on the street close to each other, camping alert. So I removed it. The idea behind all of the anti-camp plugins I tried so far is good but I think as long as every plugin is checking the survivors ALL THE TIME in EVERY LOCATION it makes players only angry and leave the server. It should be changed that it ONLY checks in defined spots, not everywhere all the time. Such as the code does from the restricted_zones plugin. It has the locations stored in files based on the mapnames. So the admin him/herself can define spots for every map where to check and where not to check for camping. What about grabbing this code, altering it so it fits these needs ?
Cheers, Skorpion1976

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 08-25-2009 at 04:46.
eyeonus
Old 08-25-2009 , 08:06   Re: Left 4 Dead Anti-Camp plugin
Reply With Quote #20

Well, I was able to get the countdown part to work, easily enough, but I don't know how to force the warning to go away. If anyone can tell me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

As far as Skorpion's suggestion- I think what I'm going to do is add some method of velocity checking into the code- in other words, if the survivors are moving, it won't trigger the slap timer. I haven't figured out how yet, but I'm hoping that it's as simple as finding the value of a specific cvar. I don't like the idea of a location based check for the simple reason that survivors can camp ANYWHERE.

I also noticed that the default radius is actually a little big, so I made the default smaller by 10- at 30, the players actually have to be standing at least partially inside each other, so that'll lessen the amount of warnings.

Last edited by eyeonus; 08-25-2009 at 08:15.