Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Insanity Mod v.22 (Saved Exp-Assorted Model Deathmatch)

Post New Thread Reply   

FeliX
Old 08-23-2005 , 11:04  
Reply With Quote #11

Anyone has an IP address for a working server running this mod?
Big John
Old 08-23-2005 , 11:27  
Reply With Quote #12

Yes Felix, you can try my server at 65.50.144.37:27015
Although its a dedicated server running off my computer (and my cable company) which means it isnt up 24/7.
I usually turn off the server/mycomputer from about 3am-10am but sometimes I leave it up for the foreign people for who our nightime, is their daytime. (Germans, Dutch, Chinese etc tend to be on around at that time).
Its 10:20am right now and I just put it up again, although it usually doesnt fill up till noon. (yet, a guy/regular just came in right now so you never know)
cameel
Old 08-23-2005 , 21:33   rememberfrags.sma
Reply With Quote #13

i cant compile the rememberfrags.sma file

can somebody help me?
Big John
Old 08-23-2005 , 22:08  
Reply With Quote #14

Sure cameel.
Be sure to use the compiler that is in your "Scripting" folder.
In the "Scripting" folder, place the rememberthe frags plugin along with all the rest, and then double click on the .exe file in that same folder that says "compile" in it.
Or you can also drag whatever plugin on top of that compile .exe and it will compile that 1 file u draggged.

You will find the compiled plugins in the "compiled" folder, which is in your "scripting" folder.

lol and if you already knew all this and I am beating a dead horse I apologize.

I just recompiled the rememberthefrags plugin, and it compiled fine for me.
cameel
Old 08-24-2005 , 08:55   rememberthefrags
Reply With Quote #15

yes thanks but i did it another way just use the compiler of this site and then it does work cya in your server john BTW i have 1 to now with your MOD 84.31.185.70:27015
wolf414
Old 08-27-2005 , 17:58   Error
Reply With Quote #16

i copied my amxmodx folder from ftp to my computer and tried to complie the sma's but error

Code:
//AMXXSC compile.exe
// by the AMX Mod X Dev Team

//// insanitygambler.sma
// C:\Documents and Settings\christopher\Desktop\insanitygambler.sma(0) : fatal
error 101: cannot write to file: "C:\Documents and Settings\christopher\Desktop\
compiled\insanitygambler.amx"
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 1 Error.
// Could not locate output file C:\Documents and Settings\christopher\Desktop\co
mpiled\insanitygambler.amx (compile failed).
//
// Compilation Time: 0.09 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...
Code:
//AMXXSC compile.exe
// by the AMX Mod X Dev Team

//// csdm_mod.sma
// C:\Documents and Settings\christopher\Desktop\amxmodx\scripting\csdm_mod.sma(
27) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "amxmodx"
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 1 Error.
// Could not locate output file C:\Documents and Settings\christopher\Desktop\am
xmodx\scripting\compiled\csdm_mod.amx (compile failed).
//
// Compilation Time: 0.02 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...
HELP
Send a message via MSN to wolf414
Big John
Old 08-30-2005 , 13:17  
Reply With Quote #17

Hi
I don't know why it wont compile for you, it compiles fine for me and others.
If I am allowed by the administrators, I can attach my own compiled .amxx files for you; however, it should compile fine if you do it yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: zip compiledforyou.zip (268.1 KB, 502 views)
Big John
Old 09-01-2005 , 05:52  
Reply With Quote #18

I am kind of dissapointed.
I have just been a victim of plagerism.
I just came from a server that had my plugins running on it, except they edited my code so as not to give me credit for writing it.
For example: They took out the part that said "Welcome to Insanity Mod by Big John" and they replaced it with their own name, and then they they changed the name of my mod.
I was also upset to see people gambling using my "Insanity Gambler", but rather then saying the usual "[Insanity Gambler] blahblah has rolled a so-and-so for a win/loss/draw"... the bastard took out the "Insanity Gambler" reference and put his own name there (as if to suggest he wrote this). Right down to usuing my insanity repeairman, he changed the name of that plugin to his own name as well, so that it doesnt even say "Insanity Repairman says: you dont need fixing, your lvl is already correct" and now instead he has his own name there. (He replaced my name "Big John" with his own name "necros")

So, just to be sure, I spent countless hours writing the plugin; months testing it; and then decided to share it with others; I go into a server and at first am excited to see another server running my mod, until I discover they took out my name from it and put their own.
All he did was change the name of the levels from , for example, instead of Green Trekker he changed the name to something else and then decides that he wrote a plugin and puts his name in it and excludes mine.

I am sure this must have happened to others, but this being my first plugin ever it's obviously the first time its happened to me.
And as I stated, I was dissapointed. Not that it matters to the person who did it to me I guess.
xstilxfirex
Old 09-11-2005 , 15:41  
Reply With Quote #19

jhon on a personal note i cant find your server any more
Send a message via AIM to xstilxfirex
Big John
Old 09-14-2005 , 19:25  
Reply With Quote #20

Hi Stilfire,
Ya I havnt been running my server off my comp anymore cuz I am working on my dissertation, which means I am using my comp alot for research. In other words, it would just end up lagging the server alot if it were up because I am constantly on it. it probably wont be up much this year until I finish my research.

Sorry dude