Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Help helptf2 learn to use a forum (9 thread merge, wooo)

Post New Thread Reply   

Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2015 , 14:59   Re: Link to redownload maps?
Reply With Quote #51

path, directory
Just copy address from to tf folder and steamcmd.exe so I can figure that script for you.

But I think I manage that script for you now in my previous post
Old 10-04-2015 , 23:18   Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #52

I was updating tf2 one day while having my srdcs console up, and then I exit out my console. then I start up tf2 after the tf2 update and it says this.

"Recieved 4300694 bytes item schema version B94787B3 direct data; update is queued."

Should I verify tf2 game cache? Or something like that?

Last edited by helptf2; 10-04-2015 at 23:19. Reason: put the bold wrong
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2015 , 23:25   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #53

Literally, Ross answered your question on your FIRST thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
For whatever reason, what "update queued" ACTUALLY means is that the Item Schema that the item server is using is newer than the item schema on your server. It's nothing to worry about as it's usually just things that apply to item flags not used by the game itself.
The answer is no.
helptf2
Old 10-04-2015 , 23:33   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
Literally, Ross answered your question on your FIRST thread:

The answer is no.
It is something to worry about because
my friends can't join, and its sv_lan 0
It worked b4 the update.
Sorry for making you mad im new

Last edited by helptf2; 10-04-2015 at 23:35. Reason: mistake
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2015 , 00:15   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #55

Make sure your ports are open?

You can test this by going to the steam server browser (on the client) or the TF2 server browser, go to Favorites, Add a Server, and then enter in your PUBLIC (not local, so NOT the 192.168.xx.xx one) IP address on there. If your server name pops up on there, then your ports are open. Otherwise they are closed.

A freshly installed server works right out of the box if the ports are properly open.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 10-05-2015 at 00:16.
helptf2
Old 10-05-2015 , 00:37   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Make sure your ports are open?

You can test this by going to the steam server browser (on the client) or the TF2 server browser, go to Favorites, Add a Server, and then enter in your PUBLIC (not local, so NOT the 192.168.xx.xx one) IP address on there. If your server name pops up on there, then your ports are open. Otherwise they are closed.

A freshly installed server works right out of the box if the ports are properly open.
I've had this update item scheme thing happen 4 months ago or so, I remember that it has nothing to do with the ports. I just need to find a way to remove that it says "item scheme" thing. Last resort is I redownload steamcmd and all that.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2015 , 00:57   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #57

The item schema thing is the server downloading the latest item information from the steam servers. The next time you change the map, it will use that item information. That is it. It has nothing to do with your server being accessible or inaccessible. I get it all the time and I can connect to mine.

Make sure your operating system (windows) is not blocking srcds on its firewall. Check Windows Firewall.
helptf2
Old 10-05-2015 , 18:35   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
The item schema thing is the server downloading the latest item information from the steam servers. The next time you change the map, it will use that item information. That is it. It has nothing to do with your server being accessible or inaccessible. I get it all the time and I can connect to mine.

Make sure your operating system (windows) is not blocking srcds on its firewall. Check Windows Firewall.
Actually, before the update I installed AVG and enabeld all firewalls. Maybe thats the problem. I'll try turning them off.
helptf2
Old 10-05-2015 , 19:20   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:

I deleted avg, turned off my windows firewall, and this is how my port is set up:
What am I doing wrong?
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2015 , 19:30   Re: Queued update scheme? (help)
Reply With Quote #60

Open 26000 to 28000 and try again.

Also turning off windows firewall is a REALLY fucking stupid idea. Turn it back on. You should only WHITELIST srcds, not outright disable all firewall protection.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 10-05-2015 at 19:31.