12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots

Post New Thread Reply   

Secepeul
Old 06-16-2020 , 14:53   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
This plugin needs downtown to work, a dead and outdated extension that doesn't work on most recent sourcemod versions, with multiple confusing versions of gamedatas that nobody knows in which version they are supposed to go.

If you want an actual working plugin go to https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=290637&page=3 and download the version posted on comment number #28.
Glad at least bots Using Defib is working properly. thanks again
Alex101192
Old 06-16-2020 , 15:18   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secepeul View Post
Glad at least bots Using Defib is working properly. thanks again
Anytime man. We need to help each other as a community instead of leaving dead plugins that for some reason don't get unapproved (left 4 dead being left 4 dead as usual) and not giving information.
Secepeul
Old 06-16-2020 , 15:54   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Anytime man. We need to help each other as a community instead of leaving dead plugins that for some reason don't get unapproved (left 4 dead being left 4 dead as usual) and not giving information.
Yea but i kinda understand i mean the some guys are really a pain in the ass with their requests and all
Alex101192
Old 06-16-2020 , 16:50   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secepeul View Post
Yea but i kinda understand i mean the some guys are really a pain in the ass with their requests and all
What requests? The only thing I see is dead plugins with authors that don't write in the description that they don't work anymore or that they have gamebreaking bugs, and no one in the comments to warn others about it. All while these plugins are somehow approved and makes people think they are ok to use when in reality they can cause real problems and ruin games (happened to me a lot).

The only one who actually makes sure not to mislead people and report eventual problems while also listening to reports, fixing them with patience and not blocking the user who reported the issue, is silver.

And essential plugins only coming out 10 years later the release of the game.

This is nothing but a dead community for a dead abandoned outdated trash game. Take a look at tf2 and csgo and you will see a whole different world.

Last edited by Alex101192; 06-16-2020 at 16:53.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2020 , 17:19   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
This is nothing but a dead community for a dead abandoned outdated trash game. .
Eh I'd agree if we didn't have Sourcemod and/or the Workshop. Those two things keep the game going for me. Without them, the game would have about the same amount of players as L4D1 does these days. The original vanilla L4D2 game is stale as all hell and the love for it simply comes down to ego driven purists and trolls who love the wild west nature of vanilla non modded servers. Otherwise, the workshop and sourcemod keep the game from being painfully boring, regardless of mode.

Last edited by Sev; 06-16-2020 at 17:20.
doroemon
Old 06-16-2020 , 20:00   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
This plugin needs downtown to work, a dead and outdated extension that doesn't work on most recent sourcemod versions, with multiple confusing versions of gamedatas that nobody knows in which version they are supposed to go.

If you want an actual working plugin go to https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=290637&page=3 and download the version posted on comment number #28.
The downtown extension was Remake by Silvers,and changed name to Left 4 DHooks Direct
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=321696
SombiMan
Old 06-16-2020 , 21:43   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #117

There's also Merudo's version for left 4 downtown.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=817

If anyone's interested, here's my edited version of this plugin. I removed the "#include <left4downtown>" because I'm using Left 4 DHooks Direct and added a "[0]" to "bChill" at line 93 to Doroemon's version to make it compile properly. It's working, but I'm still getting the same errors as the ones posted in this thread. The bots also sometimes miss hitting the tank.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (grenade_throwing_bots-l4d2.sp - 338 views - 15.1 KB)
SombiMan
Old 06-16-2020 , 21:49   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
What requests? The only thing I see is dead plugins with authors that don't write in the description that they don't work anymore or that they have gamebreaking bugs, and no one in the comments to warn others about it. All while these plugins are somehow approved and makes people think they are ok to use when in reality they can cause real problems and ruin games (happened to me a lot).

The only one who actually makes sure not to mislead people and report eventual problems while also listening to reports, fixing them with patience and not blocking the user who reported the issue, is silver.

And essential plugins only coming out 10 years later the release of the game.

This is nothing but a dead community for a dead abandoned outdated trash game. Take a look at tf2 and csgo and you will see a whole different world.
Once Back 4 Blood, the upcoming zombie game by turtle rock studios releases. I'm sure a lot of people will be making mods or plugins importing its contents or mechanics to l4d2 and vice versa. I'm looking forward to that happening.
Secepeul
Old 06-17-2020 , 04:57   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by SombiMan View Post
There's also Merudo's version for left 4 downtown.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=817

If anyone's interested, here's my edited version of this plugin. I removed the "#include <left4downtown>" because I'm using Left 4 DHooks Direct and added a "[0]" to "bChill" at line 93 to Doroemon's version to make it compile properly. It's working, but I'm still getting the same errors as the ones posted in this thread. The bots also sometimes miss hitting the tank.
Thank you for this, i will test it right now
Secepeul
Old 06-17-2020 , 05:02   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Grenade Throwing Bots
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:

That we can agree on, the guy is awesome, i just found out about him cuz i stopped playing l4d2 for a while now just because the old plugins didn't work and im a lazy fuck and nobody wanted to help me so i gave up. He has some great plugins, even old ones like l4downtown2 now l4d dhooks with a lot more fixes and features. If he sees this, i salute you.