Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S/CS:GO/TF2] shavit's bhoptimer (v2.5.5a 08/August/2019)

Post New Thread Reply   

shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2015 , 17:44   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.2b 17/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobson View Post
KOkokosz, should help as I
Thanks for the OnAllPluginsLoaded() idea, I'll add it to next version even though there's a fast SQL connection instead of a threaded one.
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2015 , 06:37   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.2b 17/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
Probably, SourceIRC isn't using Protobuf to send messages so I guess it conflicts with other plugins too. (relevant to CS:GO only)
Previously when I ran your timers and SourceIRC the server froze about three times a day and displayed the PrintHintText error messages. Now when I'm not running SourceIRC it works like a charm. It have been running for 24h without any errors
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2015 , 13:51   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.2b 17/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpraaankiii View Post
Previously when I ran your timers and SourceIRC the server froze about three times a day and displayed the PrintHintText error messages. Now when I'm not running SourceIRC it works like a charm. It have been running for 24h without any errors
Glad to know, thanks for reporting!
You should report this issue to the creator of SourceIRC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2015 , 17:03   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.3b 27/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #114

1.3b - 27/July/2015:
Freestyle zones update!

~ shavit-core:
+ Handle freestyle zones

~ shavit-zones:
+ Allow creation of freestyle zones
+ Make multiple freestyle zones possible (damn you Aoki and badges for making stuff difficult!)
+ Handle deletion of multiple freestyle zones
+ Handle drawing of end/freestyle zones properly

The update should (SHOULD, not promising anything!) also make remote MySQL databases work, even though I'm really against them and they could make the server lag hard.
And it also fixes many of the SQL issues that some server owners had.

Last edited by shavit; 07-27-2015 at 17:04.
zapparncsgo
Old 07-27-2015 , 20:22   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.3b 27/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #115

Looks very interesting. Are you going to add a ranking system based on points? I am on vacation right now but when I get home I will donate 30 bucks. Also do this plugin support adjusting the start/end zones via the admin menu (X, Y, Z Axis)?

Last edited by zapparncsgo; 07-27-2015 at 20:22.
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2015 , 01:43   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.3b 27/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapparncsgo View Post
Looks very interesting. Are you going to add a ranking system based on points? I am on vacation right now but when I get home I will donate 30 bucks. Also do this plugin support adjusting the start/end zones via the admin menu (X, Y, Z Axis)?
The ranking system will be probably based on points, with bonuses for WRs and SW style.
I really appreciate that you want to donate, thanks for the support!
And not yet - thanks for the idea, I'll add a feature that will let you adjust X/Y/Z by values you choose. Better features = better plugin!

Side note:
I thought about making an algorithm for each score on a map, compare it to other people's scores and stuff and get it to properly rate godly times on maps.
e.g. 3 players do a time around 12 min on kz_bhop_yonkoma, all get 100pp. (pp = performance points. sorry for stealing the idea from osu! but I was allowed) while a #1 score that did a 6:50 time will only get 150pp isn't really fair and it should get at least 250pp for the godly time.
Kinda needs to be solved like blacky did in his private timer.

Edit: Editor axis values update pushed to the GitHub repository.

Last edited by shavit; 07-28-2015 at 04:11.
zapparncsgo
Old 07-28-2015 , 11:02   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.3b 27/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
The ranking system will be probably based on points, with bonuses for WRs and SW style.
I really appreciate that you want to donate, thanks for the support!
And not yet - thanks for the idea, I'll add a feature that will let you adjust X/Y/Z by values you choose. Better features = better plugin!

Side note:
I thought about making an algorithm for each score on a map, compare it to other people's scores and stuff and get it to properly rate godly times on maps.
e.g. 3 players do a time around 12 min on kz_bhop_yonkoma, all get 100pp. (pp = performance points. sorry for stealing the idea from osu! but I was allowed) while a #1 score that did a 6:50 time will only get 150pp isn't really fair and it should get at least 250pp for the godly time.
Kinda needs to be solved like blacky did in his private timer.

Edit: Editor axis values update pushed to the GitHub repository.
Great! Okey is there a setting in your plugin for prestrafing in csgo? Also I know you said you added a slay player zone but could you add a setting for the end zone to slay you upon finishing. I have a popular minigame server aswell and people need to die when completing the map. I will migrate over to your timer from zipcores once I feel this timer has all the needed features.. I will still support you though with donations until that happends since I really appreciate your work!
Scrumilation
Old 07-28-2015 , 14:18   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.3b 27/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Notes:
NO TRANSLATIONS. I don't like going to servers and seeing the whole chat in XXX (non-English) language and I don't even speak it.
And, unlike alongub's timer, this one won't lag the hell out of your server when a player joins/finishes the map if there are too many records.
I don't see the point of doing this, the best way to go if you don't like translated plugins is adding an option for the player to select the language which he wants to use, might add a little more CPU usage to the plugin but it's better then not giving the otpion, which will make it harder for people to translate it, but they will still do it.
Dr. Api
BANNED
Old 07-28-2015 , 14:30   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.3b 27/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #119

Translation is not working like that (if you know how to do).
Plugin detect the language client and translate all sentences.
I translated all zipcore timer, for me all is french(hud, chat, menu,...) for someone who have the game in german will see all in german, etc... This is not making lag at all.
Translation should be obligatoire, ok english is good but some people doesn't even speak english.

Last edited by Dr. Api; 07-28-2015 at 14:33.
Scrumilation
Old 07-28-2015 , 14:43   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] shavit's simple bhop timer (1.3b 27/July/2015)
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Api View Post
Translation is not working like that (if you know how to do).
Plugin detect the language client and translate all sentences.
I translated all zipcore timer, for me all is french(hud, chat, menu,...) for someone who have the game in german will see all in german, etc... This is not making lag at all.
Translation should be obligatoire, ok english is good but some people doesn't even speak english.
I wasn't aware that it did that by default, but it is the logical thing to do, and if it's like that by default, i don't see a reason to not add translations