Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-22-2010 , 15:32   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlvst View Post
I wouldn't mind voting start and ending sounds, like duydangle's request.
This is coming in the next version.

Quote:
I have edited the random_mapcycle.txt, and I want 1 map from each of the first 2 groups, and then random selections from the rest. this should work correct?
Code:
"dynamic_rotation"
This will work provided you only want three options in the vote. If you want more options from the last group, specify a value for "maps_invote" for the group.

Quote:
Also, with this plugin I don't even need to edit my mapcycle.txt correct? Just my maplist.txt?
Correct.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-22-2010 , 15:38   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by duydangle View Post
How to edit RTV's map list?
The RTV menu is populated using the same random_mapcycle.txt file which is used to populate end of map votes. If you're having trouble using that file, there are detailed instructions in the random_mapcycle.txt included in the .zip file, and you can of course ask questions in this thread.

That said, I'm planning on rewriting the entire OP as well as include some more examples of what the plugin is capable of.
Bloodlvst
Old 08-22-2010 , 22:33   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #43

So basically I add 3 maps invote to the last group and I get 5 maps total? Is extend automatically there?
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-23-2010 , 00:39   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #44

Yes, and if you have the cvar for extensions set to something greater than 0, extend will appear automatically.
Bloodlvst
Old 08-23-2010 , 11:55   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #45

Oddly, last night we only had map options, and no extend.

Code:
// Number of extensions allowed each map.
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
sm_random_mapvote_extend "2"
That's in my config. Also, I run 4 bots if not enough people are playing, is there any way you can set it so if a vote comes up and there are no votes (like when it's just bots), that it will randomly choose a map?
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-23-2010 , 12:24   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Oddly, last night we only had map options, and no extend.
I'll look into this, it might be a bug.

Quote:
Also, I run 4 bots if not enough people are playing, is there any way you can set it so if a vote comes up and there are no votes (like when it's just bots), that it will randomly choose a map?
You want to set the following cvar to 1:
Code:
// Enables random selection of the next map at the end of each map if a vote hasn't taken place.
// -
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_random_picknextmap "1"
Bloodlvst
Old 08-23-2010 , 18:53   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #47

Wow, can't believe I missed that! Thanks.

Sorry about all the bugging you haha. I'll let you know if I find a way to fix the vote extend.

EDIT: I went to check the file since I made this post at work...and I actually have it set correctly. So I'm not sure what's up.

Last edited by Bloodlvst; 08-23-2010 at 23:15.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-24-2010 , 15:35   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #48

When sm_random_picknextmap is "1", it doesn't choose the map until the very end of the map, when the game_end event is fired.

This is to ensure that the map selected will start with a correct number of players, whereas if the map was selected at the vote, there is more time before the map change where players can leave and join, which may then result in a number of players outside of that maps defined min and max player boundaries.
Bloodlvst
Old 08-25-2010 , 13:23   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #49

I may have found a bug. For a large part of last night, the map vote wasn't even coming up for us, and the map would end and just bring us back to the same map.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-25-2010 , 15:11   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #50

I need to see the following: your sourcemod logs for that night (error and regular), your improved_map_randomizer.cfg, and your random_rotation.txt