Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

coach
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-12-2010 , 23:32   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.3 (Updated 8/10/10)
Reply With Quote #31

Plugin is working great. No more errors.

I have a request if possible. My server runs a vast amount of custom maps. My problem is that if it changes to one of these the clients don't get a chance to finish the download as the people that do have the map get a mapvote (as it is under my min player number for a custom) & vote for a change thinking that nobody has or likes the map. Is it possible to add a cvar for minimum connection time to a map before the plugin offers a change? Many thanks for a great plugin with a great range of features.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-12-2010 , 23:51   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.3 (Updated 8/10/10)
Reply With Quote #32

A good way to solve it would be if I implemented a delay before the plugin will offer to change the map (I think this is what you meant). I'll add a cvar which controls this in the next version.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-13-2010 , 01:09   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #33

Version 1.4 Released.
  • Added separate options for when the max player limit and min player limit of the current map is broken.
    • Two new cvars to control this feature.
    • Old cvar removed.
  • Added a delay before the plugin checks to see if the current map has a valid number of players.
    • New cvar to control this feature.
  • Added the ability to limit the number of nominations appearing in a vote to the number specified by that group's "maps_invote" setting.
    • New cvar to control this feature.
coach
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-13-2010 , 01:49   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #34

Many thanks. Downloading for testing now.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-20-2010 , 11:30   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #35

I would like to know what kind of customizability people would want for a vote countdown feature. Right now, I'm going to add cvars to control when to start the countdown and how often it announces the time remaining before the vote. I could add more features, but I want to know if the interest is there before taking the time to implement them.
Bloodlvst
Old 08-21-2010 , 04:30   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #36

I'm so very tired so I apologize if I missed this in the previous posts. But from what I can tell this might have the exact feature I'm looking for.

I basically just want something like my normal end of map vote, except that I always have either 1 of 2 maps in the vote no matter what. Would this be able to accomplish this?
duydangle
Old 08-21-2010 , 05:28   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #37

Excellent work!

BTW, can you add sound to this plugin.

//Run off vote is included in mapchooser extended, may be you can see something from it.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-21-2010 , 12:50   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlvst View Post
I basically just want something like my normal end of map vote, except that I always have either 1 of 2 maps in the vote no matter what. Would this be able to accomplish this?
Yes, this would be able to accomplish that. An example with TF2: let's say we want either Goldrush or Badwater to be in the vote no matter what.

Code:
"dynamic_rotation"
{
    "Top Maps"
    {
        "maps_invote" "1"

"pl_goldrush" {}
        "pl_badwater" {}
    }

"Other Maps"
    {
         ... Other maps go here ....
    }
}

Last edited by Steell; 08-21-2010 at 16:26.
Bloodlvst
Old 08-21-2010 , 22:45   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #39

You my friend, are a badass. This is basically the only other thing I really needed that was important. I'd throw you karma if we still had it.

Edit: I wouldn't mind voting start and ending sounds, like duydangle's request. Perhaps package it default with the Mani voting sounds with the option to use any sound of your choice?

Edit #2:

I have edited the random_mapcycle.txt, and I want 1 map from each of the first 2 groups, and then random selections from the rest. this should work correct?:
Code:
"dynamic_rotation"
{
  "Top Maps"
  {
    "maps_invote" "1"

"de_dust2" {}
    "cs_office" {}
    "de_dust" {}
  }

"Always Vote Maps"
  {
    "maps_invote" "1"

"de_cpl_mill" {}
    "de_inferno" {}
    "cs_italy" {}
  }

"Other Maps"
  {
    "de_prodigy" {}
    "cs_assault" {}
    "cs_crackhouse" {}
    "de_nuke" {}
    "cs_office_extended" {}
    "de_district23" {}
    "de_losttemple_pro" {}
    "de_russka" {}
    "de_westwood_07" {}
  }
}
Also, with this plugin I don't even need to edit my mapcycle.txt correct? Just my maplist.txt?

Last edited by Bloodlvst; 08-22-2010 at 02:04. Reason: Questions!
duydangle
Old 08-22-2010 , 13:45   Re: [ANY] Improved Map Randomizer v1.4 (Updated 8/13/10)
Reply With Quote #40

How to edit RTV's map list?