Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?

Post New Thread Reply   

redf0x
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-21-2013 , 16:25   Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?
Reply With Quote #1

I got a ban protest from a guy saying he had an autoclicker for cookie clicker on his computer that he ran by accident while playing csgo causing an autotrigger ban: autofire (only have had maybe 3 of these in the past 8 months). Did a check on his steam ID and it has been clean for years. Seems probable.

Would the autoclicker trigger this type of ban?

thanks
checkster
BANNED
Old 11-23-2013 , 04:18   Re: Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?
Reply With Quote #2

Do you by any chance have smac_log_verbouse ? If so post the log, excluding the ip/steamid.
Sounds unlikely to me though, cause why would a auto cookie clicker inject it self in the game ?
allienaded
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-23-2013 , 18:17   Re: Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkster View Post
Do you by any chance have smac_log_verbouse ? If so post the log, excluding the ip/steamid.
Sounds unlikely to me though, cause why would a auto cookie clicker inject it self in the game ?
It doesn't have to. A powerful enough autoclicker (that is able to click over a 1000 times per second for example) could easily cause a autofire detection though only if it was used deliberately since it requires atleast 10 perfectly timed shots in a row to trigger a detection. Personally I'd unban him because I don't consider simple macros like auto clickers cheating in an FPS game.

Last edited by allienaded; 11-23-2013 at 18:20.
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-25-2013 , 15:40   Re: Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by allienaded View Post
It doesn't have to. A powerful enough autoclicker (that is able to click over a 1000 times per second for example) could easily cause a autofire detection though only if it was used deliberately since it requires atleast 10 perfectly timed shots in a row to trigger a detection. Personally I'd unban him because I don't consider simple macros like auto clickers cheating in an FPS game.
Incorrect, if it clicks in a second more than the times you send a UserCmd to the server all the UserCmds will have buttons & IN_ATTACK and the server will think that the client has the fire key hold for all this time.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2013 , 15:55   Re: Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
Incorrect, if it clicks in a second more than the times you send a UserCmd to the server all the UserCmds will have buttons & IN_ATTACK and the server will think that the client has the fire key hold for all this time.
In theory yes, but atleast in my own experience it's not possible to spam enough commands for the game to start ignoring other commands most of the spam will just be throttled/skipped. With luck and/or special configuration it's possible to get a command be it fire or jump on the exact frame the game allows it even multiple times in a row which could cause a detection, with a macro/hack that is.

Last edited by allienaded; 11-26-2013 at 15:56.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 11-26-2013 , 21:04   Re: Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?
Reply With Quote #6

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to use an autoclicker in Cookie Clicker.

If you want to cheat that badly, use the JavaScript console...