Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Kigen
BANNED
Old 06-06-2008 , 07:45   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Yes. It uses BanClient if SourceBans doesn't exist. If I remember right BanClient should store its bans in banned_user.cfg should it have banned someone by STEAM ID. BanClient is set with the AUTO flag so that LAN servers should be able to ban by IP as well. Which would be stored in banned_ip.cfg.

Logs are also generated when it detects someone showing which ConVar doesn't match the server, etc. It'll be logged in SourceMod's logs. (addons/sourcemod/logs)

And yes, most of KAC's ConVars are going to be either 1 (on) or 0 (off). kac_irc_channel is the only exception, if you wish to use it you need to put in the IRC channel or user you wish to broadcast to.

Last edited by Kigen; 06-06-2008 at 07:48.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2008 , 07:55   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
Yes. It uses BanClient if SourceBans doesn't exist. If I remember right BanClient should store its bans in banned_user.cfg should it have banned someone by STEAM ID. BanClient is set with the AUTO flag so that LAN servers should be able to ban by IP as well. Which would be stored in banned_ip.cfg.

Logs are also generated when it detects someone showing which ConVar doesn't match the server, etc. It'll be logged in SourceMod's logs. (addons/sourcemod/logs)

And yes, most of KAC's ConVars are going to be either 1 (on) or 0 (off). kac_irc_channel is the only exception, if you wish to use it you need to put in the IRC channel or user you wish to broadcast to.
Thx for the answer.
One more thing, if i use this anti cheat than it is not necessary to use the VBAC cause this plugin has all that the VBAC has?
Kigen
BANNED
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:02   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStar View Post
Thx for the answer.
One more thing, if i use this anti cheat than it is not necessary to use the VBAC cause this plugin has all that the VBAC has?
That is correct. This plugin has everything VBAC has, but better, and more. I'd like to point out the checks are revolving (timed) rather than being event based.
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:22   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
That is correct. This plugin has everything VBAC has, but better, and more. I'd like to point out the checks are revolving (timed) rather than being event based.
Yup, miles better than anything I'll ever be capable of writing.

I'd also suggest posting a smx file only?!

Matt
BANNED
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:24   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoggieX View Post
Yup, miles better than anything I'll ever be capable of writing.

I'd also suggest posting a smx file only?!

Matt
Why? The whole point of this forum is to promote mutual development of plugins. Besides, GPL states you have to release source code with the program.
ottobohn
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:33   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Moggie and Kigen are two great contributors to this forum. Good work in sourcemod. I'm very happy for your work and what it does for owners.

Otto
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:42   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Using Yours from now on

REQ:
Is it possible to message the admins if someone is caught and there are admin on the server so something like this:
Quote:
[KAC] Cheater Found :
-NAME {Steam ID}
-Time
Player was banned: Illegal Cvar
Kigen
BANNED
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:44   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Currently, when a cheater is found it sends a message to admins that normally looks like this: Mr. X (STEAM_0:0:XXXXX) was banned for cheating. KAC ID:5.14

It then says to all something like this: Mr. X was banned by KAC for a cheating infraction.

Any KAC ID in the 4 threw 6 range is a illegal cvar.
KAC ID 1 is for name copying.
KAC ID 2 is for the "unconnected" name exploit.
KAC ID 3 is for failure to authorize in time.

Last edited by Kigen; 06-06-2008 at 08:47.
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:44   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStar View Post
Using Yours from now on

REQ:
Is it possible to message the admins if someone is caught and there are admin on the server so something like this:
Yup, make it noisy when it finds someone, in VBAC it was extremely noisy in public chat, which gave us amusement on teamspeak and make it apparent that we looking for cheaters

Also Question:

Line 149
PHP Code:
    800.0// sv_gravity        1    16 
Would this ban a user on a low gravity server? The reason why I ask, is that on our Rats server, the gravity is 200 and on our main server the gravity is 780

Matt
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:48   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Code:
L 06/06/2008 - 14:40:01: [kigen-ac-pub.smx] SNpal (STEAM_0:0:206xxxxxx) was banned for failure to authorize. KAC ID:3
What does it mean?..
Send a message via ICQ to komp
Closed Thread