Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Round End Protection

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

large
BANNED
Old 07-23-2006 , 10:23   Re: Round End Protection

Suicid3: Nothing happens. People cannot kill each other after the round has ended.

GHW_Chronic: Some of the code was borrowed from different sources. Since this is my first plugin I'll have to check out different sources to get my wanted result.

At first i tried int:Action[MAX_PLAYERS + 1] but that wouldn't compile, then I searched for it, and a result gave it back to me with the name _:Action[MAX_PLAYERS + 1]

About the WON compability I guess you are talking about the ammo-const-array. That was found on this forum some place, and I didn't find a function to get that info.

Since the code compile, then I don't mind if it is old or new. I guess if someone explained the coding standards that are up-to-date then we'll see code that you senior members would approve.

Remember this is my first plugin, and it does the job.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-23-2006 , 12:06   Re: Round End Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by large
and it does the job.
for future refference, that sentence does not fly too well on this forum.

Now I can't personally see that this plugin doesn't work or that the manor that this plugin works is necessarily bad. I can say that I would indeed have scripted this differently, but I cannot say that my way would have been any better.

And as to the "should be used with PTB" part, I completely do not understand why...

PS:
Code:
new _:Action
is the same as
Code:
new Action

And you shouldn't use a maxplayers define, you should use the get_maxplayers function to set a global variable in plugin_init.

Last edited by GHW_Chronic; 07-23-2006 at 12:10.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
large
BANNED
Old 07-23-2006 , 13:08   Re: Round End Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHW_Chronic
Now I can't personally see that this plugin doesn't work or that the manor that this plugin works is necessarily bad. I can say that I would indeed have scripted this differently, but I cannot say that my way would have been any better.

And as to the "should be used with PTB" part, I completely do not understand why...

PS:
Code:
new _:Action

is the same as Code:
new Action

And you shouldn't use a maxplayers define, you should use the get_maxplayers function to set a global variable in plugin_init.
The main thing about a plugin (Definition: a extra feature that cover new needs), is that it get the work done.

It is clear that if moderators created a guide on how to program plugins using todays references would make a great difference. The compiler should even nagg if you're using old functions & codes. But they if the do not approve a plugin just because it uses old functions, then their are just sad

I would love to see different solution on my script, so if you have better and more effecient solutions, please bring it on.

I tried to use the get_maxplayers() on a define, but that did not work. So any solution to that would be great (could cover other plugins).

As for the "should be used with PTB". I guess you have never played fy_iceworld when PTB changes a team player to the opposite team 1-2 seconds before a new round starts. A player can kill upon 4-5 players in that time. I could created the plugin much less complex by giving everybody godmode when the round ended, but that wouldn't be so much fun. Would it?
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-23-2006 , 13:39   Re: Round End Protection

A. every plugin gets the job done. To be approved it needs to not only get the job done and do something unique, but do it efficiently.

B. I'm not saying that using OLO methods of scripting are bad, I was just ensuring that you did not port this and claim it as your own

C. you cannot use a function in a define. A define is a contant that is replaced throughout the script upon compile. Like I said, create a global variable and use get_maxplayers to set the variable in plugin_init

D. You can kill people at the end of the round without PTB on, on any map. I suggest you take the PTB part out of the plugin post before you confuse more people.

And do not shake your finger at me -_-
large
BANNED
Old 07-23-2006 , 14:43   Re: Round End Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHW_Chronic
A. every plugin gets the job done. To be approved it needs to not only get the job done and do something unique, but do it efficiently.

B. I'm not saying that using OLO methods of scripting are bad, I was just ensuring that you did not port this and claim it as your own

C. you cannot use a function in a define. A define is a contant that is replaced throughout the script upon compile. Like I said, create a global variable and use get_maxplayers to set the variable in plugin_init

D. You can kill people at the end of the round without PTB on, on any map. I suggest you take the PTB part out of the plugin post before you confuse more people.

And do not shake your finger at me -_-
A. Fear enough, not going for that anyway.
B. I dunno what OLO is? But nothing that I make is claimed to be unique, and I learn using other peoples code. I didn't find a after-round-finish-protection in the database/forum.
C. Since I cannot do that, and I couldn't find a dynamic array feature, then it is all useless then.
D. It is a delay to AFTER the round has ended you know. You sure can kill your own teammates after you killed all the players on the opposite team. If there are any other ways, please let me know.

Now after the flaming I'm stuck with these lines to say:
I'm sure as hell ain't going to create more plugins for the AmxModx-scene in the near future. This nagging about my codingstyle, show the picture of the model and so on is so fucking irritating.

Guess that the seniors needs to think back from the day they started this, and give good guideance or give examples on different solutions. This way of handling newbies is just plain silly.
Throstur
Old 07-23-2006 , 14:59   Re: Round End Protection

erm... FYI I was a newbie not long ago and day 1 wasn't too hard. My first plugin was approved within a short time frame and I still have alot of crap I like learning.

BTW OLO is the original creator of AMX
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-23-2006 , 16:32   Re: Round End Protection

A. no flaming
B. work on your englisherenisms
C. OLO is from AMX
Q. numbers, not letters
Z. I'm done.
Throstur
Old 07-23-2006 , 17:28   Re: Round End Protection

A. Nobody flamed
B. WTF. me not get it.
C. I meantioned that
F. ***
S. ***
Q. Oh dear, I'm not in the right place.
D. I'm also done
PS. <<< Not a letter

Last edited by Throstur; 07-24-2006 at 15:29. Reason: Noted
Send a message via AIM to Throstur Send a message via MSN to Throstur
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-23-2006 , 17:35   Re: Round End Protection

Please make a mental note of the fact that what you just did is called "spam"
Deviance
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2006 , 16:27   Re: Round End Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by large
I'm sure as hell ain't going to create more plugins for the AmxModx-scene in the near future. This nagging about my codingstyle, show the picture of the model and so on is so fucking irritating.
no-one is forceing you to put up/do plugins, i dont think anyone care's anyways

Remember, we do it cause it's fun, and critism is something you have to take when your doing plugins, then your coding style. ;)
Closed Thread