Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PyroShark Gamemode

Post New Thread Reply   

5000MangledCows
Old 11-23-2014 , 20:27   [TF2] PyroShark Gamemode
Reply With Quote #1

Just came here to submit an idea I came up with based on this, and the idea that Google had laid before me by [FoG] Plank Plan on the Steam Forums.

Ideally it should be a gamemode like Huntsman Hell where all players are restricted to pyro and are given the Neon Annihilator, with all their other slots disabled, and spawned in waves. The plugin would need to prevent them from drowning like this plugin, or it wouldn't be much fun.

And why is that? Because along with the fact that staying underwater for too long is annoying to avoid on normal maps, I pictured this plugin with normal tf2 objectives, but the map almost completely underwater. The whole map would be protected with areas to prevent players from swimming over fences or borders, but would have spots where secret health and ammo packs would be placed on the map. The downside to leaving the water would be that after a certain period of time, the drowning effect would take effect much like it does in normal tf2. So essentially:

Water = Safety, more damage dealt, main area of the map
Air/Non water zones = Dangerous, deal less damage (due to their stats and the accuracy to the actual pyroshark concept), bonus health/ammo packs hidden.

The maps would most likely use capture zones in 3D, because it would be easier to capture and less annoying to have to sit on the bottom of the underwater map to cap control points. Intelligence maps could also be made, attack/defense, robot destruction (?), heck, any sort of objective that would be completed underwater should do it.

Bonus: The players should receive at least 150 more health, as it is a bit hard to navigate the area without dying very quickly from a couple of hits.

This plugin is merely an idea, if someone wants to take it up and support it, that would be great! I am most likely not paying for someone to make this for me, and feel free to modify my suggestions to make the game better.

BTW: I have no plugin writing experience, so don't ask me to do anything related to that.

Thanks!
DJ Data
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-23-2014 , 21:05   Re: [TF2] PyroShark Gamemode
Reply With Quote #2

See, this is one of those good ideas that i don't have time to code :C
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2014 , 22:26   Re: [TF2] PyroShark Gamemode
Reply With Quote #3

you could just addcond the halloween water thing
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2014 , 22:53   Re: [TF2] PyroShark Gamemode
Reply With Quote #4

You should try this map. Making a plugin that gives everybody Neon Annihilator it's really easy too.

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 11-23-2014 at 22:54.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-24-2014 , 14:05   Re: [TF2] PyroShark Gamemode
Reply With Quote #5

Side note: Capture Zones are already 3D (they're actually an invisible entity brush called trigger_capture_area sitting above a control point / around a payload cart). Having said that, a developer might want to make them have more height by adjusting the y coordinate of its m_vecMaxs prior to spawn.

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-24-2014 at 14:11.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 11-24-2014 , 15:31   Re: [TF2] PyroShark Gamemode
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
[...]they're actually an invisible entity[...]

Quote:
A brush entity is an entity that has been "tied" to one or more brushes.[...]
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Brush_entity

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 11-24-2014 at 15:32.
5000MangledCows
Old 11-24-2014 , 19:27   Re: [TF2] PyroShark Gamemode
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Data View Post
See, this is one of those good ideas that i don't have time to code :C
Thanks!

Quote:
you could just addcond the halloween water thing
Yeah, but I don't know how to activate that. Like what it would be called. If I could write plugins.

Quote:
You should try this map.
Thanks! That was almost exactly what I was thinking of. Would be great if it were a bit more water and a little less breathing room. Well actually I don't really know.

Quote:
Side note: Capture Zones are already 3D (they're actually an invisible entity brush called trigger_capture_area sitting above a control point / around a payload cart).
OH. Thank you for the helpful information. I did not know that, and is probably going to be something map makers should note.

But there is still the drowning effect in the air, so it would have to be activated while not in water/wet. It would also be cool if there were better themed maps than pl_badwater underwater. And a new idea I thought of was to add a "splash" stun-like effect that slows down/stuns nearby players on the opposing team, by pressing a bound key to activate it. It should have a timer as well like the super jump in FF2.
Thanks for responding guys!

EDIT: I am not writing this plugin, just to clarify. I am just commenting on people's ideas and trying to encourage its development. Please respond with more ideas, and it would be great to see it made!

Last edited by 5000MangledCows; 12-14-2014 at 20:54. Reason: Lack of notice