Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Feature Request Confirmation message for using sm_store_givecredits.

Post New Thread Reply   

vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2014 , 02:05   Confirmation message for using sm_store_givecredits.
Reply With Quote #1

I think it would be useful to have a confirmation message whenever you use sm_store_givecredits command to give/take credits from people.

It should display the name and steam ID whenever you use the givecredits command, it should also say if the command was unsuccessful if target was not found.

cw speedruns:
Calystos
Old 03-07-2014 , 20:01   Re: Confirmation message for using sm_store_givecredits.
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka00 View Post
I think it would be useful to have a confirmation message whenever you use sm_store_givecredits command to give/take credits from people.

It should display the name and steam ID whenever you use the givecredits command, it should also say if the command was unsuccessful if target was not found.
Well, this is what I've used for a while now, slightly modified from the current base release but does something that your after in that it confirms who you gave/took credits from and also how much.

Mind you mine also adds another feature to the system in a simple means of stating whether or not your actually giving or taking (and likewise whether the target has recieved or lost) credits.

I did similar changes to store-distribution and store-killawards so that you see whether or not you recieve or lose credits slightly better than always saying recieved whenever its a negative amount.

Its nothing major, but works nice an whatnot, :-)

I attached all the files just incase you wanted the others too, inc compiled versions and the phrases/translations file which has the slight extra lines of information.

Code:
    "Lost Credits"
    {
        "#format"            "{1:d},{2:s}"
        "en"                "You have just lost {1} {2}!"
    }

"Gave Credits"
    {
        "#format"            "{1:d},{2:s},{3:N}"
        "en"                "You have just gave {1} {2} {3}!"
    }

"Removed Credits"
    {
        "#format"            "{1:d},{2:s},{3:N}"
        "en"                "You have just removed {1} {2} {3}!"
    }
As you can see, thats the extra info I added to the phrases file, just pasted right after the received credits bit. So no major changes.

Theres probably way better ways of doing what I did but it was a quick an dirty hack and it worked so *shrugs*.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (store-core.sp - 203 views - 9.4 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (store-distributor.sp - 206 views - 4.9 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (store-killawards.sp - 211 views - 6.3 KB)
File Type: txt store.phrases.txt (4.6 KB, 204 views)
File Type: txt store.killawards.txt (749 Bytes, 176 views)
File Type: smx store-core.smx (10.8 KB, 174 views)
File Type: smx store-distributor.smx (7.7 KB, 198 views)
File Type: smx store-killawards.smx (8.5 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by Calystos; 03-07-2014 at 20:02.
Send a message via ICQ to Calystos Send a message via AIM to Calystos Send a message via MSN to Calystos Send a message via Yahoo to Calystos Send a message via Skype™ to Calystos
vodka00
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2014 , 21:42   Re: Confirmation message for using sm_store_givecredits.
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you very much Calystos, good help.

cw speedruns: