Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AMXX 2024

Post New Thread Reply   

claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 03-03-2024 , 19:08   AMXX 2024
Reply With Quote #1

The last update is on Jan. 21 2023 (v1.10.0 build 5467).
I'm wondering when it will update again and why no one works on it anymore?
Can someone who takes care of SM to take care of AMXX as well?
... would be appreciated.
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2024 , 21:06   Re: AMXX 2024
Reply With Quote #2

They seem to be busy with other projects, focused more than anything on SM

curiosity

If we take a little history, the person who was seen merging new updates was Vincent Herbert "Project Maintainer" @Arkshine, until mid-2021 which was his last merge to the official repository, since then, David Anderson "Project Manager and Lead Developer" @BAILOPAN himself does it.

I don't know if the roles changed or what, but it seems that no one is authorized to do this task other than him.

For a moment I thought that Valve 25th updates to the legendary games would help motivate this, but it seems not.

You don't think that if this goes on for a long time, they will end up relaunching the ReAMXX version, I suspect they are waiting for it to happen, we're talking about lightening the load.

Emphasizing the aforementioned, we will see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
The Future

First, starting from the next AMX Mod X release we will follow SourceMod in switching to a rolling-release cycle. We will provide more information at a later date, but this essentially means that we will be able to provide you with more frequent stable releases. It is simply not feasible for a mature project like AMXX to focus on big iterative releases that take years to come together.

Secondly, future changes will be focused on user-related issues, such as new/improved tools for managing servers and customization. This has been the primary area we have left out of this planned release, mostly because of missing time, but also because we needed to get the internals right before we can improve our user-facing tools.

Finally, we will try to get the community involved more. Even though we aren't nearly as many as we used to be, people still care about the project. We would like to thank every one of you for that.
Old 04-19-2024 , 08:25   Re: AMXX 2024
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
If we take a little history, the person who was seen merging new updates was Vincent Herbert "Project Maintainer" @Arkshine, until mid-2021 which was his last merge to the official repository, since then, David Anderson "Project Manager and Lead Developer" @BAILOPAN himself does it.
And yet, many Pull Requests did not get merged or closed in that time
amxmodx >
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2024 , 13:50   Re: AMXX 2024
Reply With Quote #4

The branches are stale now. I since have done some work to it and have my own fork. Compiled and ready to use or take the source and compile yourself locally.