Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after hidden Update on 11/5 [LINUX ONLY]

Post New Thread Reply   

Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-06-2012 , 07:19   [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after hidden Update on 11/5 [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #1

I know that there is some pepole how to fix it but its kinda hard for some pepole. Here is a tut how you can install/fix your sourcemod install.

Things you need:
Latest Sourcemod snapshot: http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php
Latest Metamod: Source snapshot: http://www.sourcemm.net/snapshots
Latest SDKHooks: http://users.alliedmods.net/~psychon.../sdkhooks/2.2/
TF2Items: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1050170

First download those all and extract all to your desktop. Now go get TF2 VDF file from http://www.sourcemm.net/vdf

Now put it on your addons folder. Now if you upload the files on your server, it wont work propely.

Download updated EP2 SDKHooks from here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...27#post1826527

Now either change the following files from /your/directory/here/orangebox/bin/:
dedicated_srv.so
libtier0_srv.so
libvstdlib_srv.so

to

dedicated.so
libtier0.so
libvstdlib.so

or make some soft link on linux OR download my .so files @ http://puu.sh/1n4lj and upload them to your server (/your/directory/here/orangebox/bin/)

And if everything goes as planned, when you do "sm version" (w/o quotes) you should get this:

I hope this helps you get the server back working with sourcemod. I made this tutorial so you dont need to and search for hours how to fix the update But acording what i have red, there WILL NOT BE AN UPDATE for sometime now for sourcemod. Devs can you clear this? Mods/Admins can remove this thread or anything they want to it if this thread is not needed here

[TESTED ON UBUNTU 12.04 LTS Server on OVH kernel so it should work on all linux machines]

Last edited by Automicbomb; 11-06-2012 at 07:40.
tsunamicem
Old 11-06-2012 , 09:23   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #2

re downloaded installed latest snapshots, used your .so files, uploaded SDK hooks, tf2 items as you have said. NO LUCK WITH SM...... :/ I also run Ubuntu

Code:
meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
  [01] <FAILED>
meta load sourcemod
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm (failed to load /home/tf2server1
/hlds/gameserver/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.logic.so: /home/tf2server1
/hlds/gameserver/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.logic.so: undefined symbol: atan2).
Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-06-2012 , 09:36   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #3

Did you allready had sourcemod installed? If yes that could effect on the result. Or did you have a clean install?
filoudu
Zero Posts
Old 11-06-2012 , 09:55   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automicbomb View Post
Did you allready had sourcemod installed? If yes that could effect on the result. Or did you have a clean install?
Hello
I'have clean up all my serveur and just with metamod and sourcemod no work

15:43:58 meta refresh
15:44:00 L 11/06/2012 - 15:44:01: [META] Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm: File not found: /home/**********/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm.so
15:44:00 L 11/06/2012 - 15:44:01: [META] Loaded 0 plugins.
15:485 meta load addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm
15:485 Failed to load plugin addons\sourcemod\bin\sourcemod_mm (failed to load /home/*******/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.logic.so: /home/**********/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.logic.so: undefined symbol: atan2).

Can you help me
TF2 v1.2.3.7 (Linux, Dedicated, Protocol 17)

Last edited by filoudu; 11-06-2012 at 09:57.
Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-06-2012 , 10:10   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #5

Sure. I drop a PM with my suggestion when i get home in couple of hours
Calystos
Old 11-06-2012 , 10:50   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #6

I tried following your guide too, both fresh install and original install, no luck. This is on debian 6.
Like filoudu am getting the same undefined symbol atan2 error.

Already had the very latest versions of all the files in question. Was infact the first thing I checked before searching for solutions to this issue.

As for no more sourcemod updates for a while, I'd expect considering this issue, they'll already be working on a proper fix anyways. Be daft not to considering how many people rely on sourcemod.
Send a message via ICQ to Calystos Send a message via AIM to Calystos Send a message via MSN to Calystos Send a message via Yahoo to Calystos Send a message via Skype™ to Calystos
Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-06-2012 , 10:55   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calystos View Post
I tried following your guide too, both fresh install and original install, no luck. This is on debian 6.
Like filoudu am getting the same undefined symbol atan2 error.

Already had the very latest versions of all the files in question. Was infact the first thing I checked before searching for solutions to this issue.

As for no more sourcemod updates for a while, I'd expect considering this issue, they'll already be working on a proper fix anyways. Be daft not to considering how many people rely on sourcemod.
You run own dedicated server or from some retail server? If retail that maybe your problem

Last edited by Automicbomb; 11-06-2012 at 10:55.
Calystos
Old 11-06-2012 , 11:03   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #8

Dedicated. Won't touch third party retail servers. They limit too much.
Send a message via ICQ to Calystos Send a message via AIM to Calystos Send a message via MSN to Calystos Send a message via Yahoo to Calystos Send a message via Skype™ to Calystos
Krankenschwester
Zero Posts
Old 11-06-2012 , 11:07   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #9

Debian 6 Solution:

Create a symbolic link from "/orangebox/bin/dedicated.so" to "/orangebox/bin/dedicated_srv.so"

and everything should work fine for now...

no rollback or other stuff needed.

my servers are up since creation of that links ;) MM and SM are working fine too.

Greets
Krankenschwester

Last edited by Krankenschwester; 11-06-2012 at 11:08.
Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-06-2012 , 11:11   Re: [TUT] How to install Sourcemod on TF2 after Halloween 2012 Update [LINUX ONLY]
Reply With Quote #10

Can you post the command for it since i forgot it xD