Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler

Post New Thread Reply   

RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-09-2011 , 17:38   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #31

I keep looking at my algo/code and can't find the problem...

Do you use any other plugins that could swap a player ?

Otherwise could the bug be a player changing team on its own ?

=|
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work
namine
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2011 , 21:36   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #32

that could be it. I have no other team switching plugins =/ Also, it seems to switch more players than actual spawn points so could you maybe make a cvar to match the amount of spawn points on the map. Also maybe restrict team switching between rounds.
Old 08-09-2011 , 23:15   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by namine View Post
Also maybe restrict team switching between rounds.
To prevent team switching between rounds; have you tried this ?

Quote:
it seems to switch more players than actual spawn points
I'm thinking about adding a CVar for 3rd option to decide if the "surplus" (players without a spawnpoint) should be either stacked, killed, or swaped to the other team or even to spec...

But you've pointed out a good thing; I didn't think at all about maximum spawn points while doing that plugin. One thing is sure : I cannot create spawnpoints (I'd need f* g* algorithm to do that without any stuck-age).

Tell me what you think of the above. I'll probably work on it in the next days.

Red

EDIT : As of the first bug (i.e. having 3 people in CT when there should be 2), I still do not have any idea and I doubt I'll correct that in the next update. Can you tell me if it was happening when there was too many players in the opposite teams (and not enough spawnpoints) ? That would explain a lot about the first bug you pointed out IMO).
Kill Assist
Be Medic

Last edited by RedSword; 08-09-2011 at 23:20.
namine
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2011 , 23:18   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #34

That would be a great addition to your plugin
Old 08-09-2011 , 23:31   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
EDIT : As of the first bug (i.e. having 3 people in CT when there should be 2), I still do not have any idea and I doubt I'll correct that in the next update. Can you tell me if it was happening when there was too many players in the opposite teams (and not enough spawnpoints) ? That would explain a lot about the first bug you pointed out IMO).
Kill Assist
Be Medic

namine
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2011 , 23:36   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #36

You know the map mg_evil_buses or whatever its called? On the T team there are 2 spawns. So I set it to ats 3 and set the player limit to 2 so it would switch out and put 2 different players on the T team every round. However, sometimes it would put 3 new players on the T team even though there are only 2 T spawns, and other times it would only put 1 player for a total of 1 player on the T team. It seems to not be calculating correctly D:
Old 08-10-2011 , 00:36   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
You know the map mg_evil_buses or whatever its called? On the T team there are 2 spawns. So I set it to ats 3 and set the player limit to 2 so it would switch out and put 2 different players on the T team every round. However, sometimes it would put 3 new players on the T team even though there are only 2 T spawns, and other times it would only put 1 player for a total of 1 player on the T team. It seems to not be calculating correctly D:
If they're only 2 players on the server than there should be at least one on each team.

I'll re-test my plugin's 3rd option before working on the what-to-do-with-surplus.

EDIT : I do believe that I shouldn't need a new version if I get "ats 3" to work properly (since in anyway, it is always possible to get a map with limited spawnpoints even on vanilla server; people will just have to use map specific config) .
Kill Assist
Be Medic

Last edited by RedSword; 08-10-2011 at 00:43.
namine
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-11-2011 , 12:04   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #38

Alright I might be wrong but I remember someone telling me the issue lies when it makes the player switch teams. If it doesn't happen at round end then it has issues calculating. An example of a plugin that does this successfully would be databomb's Jailbreak Team Balancer. It switches the player at round end and has no issues with it. I think to end all these issues would to see if it calculates correctly by changing the player's team at round end and restricting players from changing teams between rounds but you listed a plugin that already does this so exclude that (although it wouldn't hurt as an addition )
Old 08-11-2011 , 15:29   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Alright I might be wrong but I remember someone telling me the issue lies when it makes the player switch teams. If it doesn't happen at round end then it has issues calculating. An example of a plugin that does this successfully would be databomb's Jailbreak Team Balancer. It switches the player at round end and has no issues with it. I think to end all these issues would to see if it calculates correctly by changing the player's team at round end and restricting players from changing teams between rounds but you listed a plugin that already does this so exclude that (although it wouldn't hurt as an addition )
I'll make it so when ats==3 it does scramble teams directly at round end (since it doesn't matter in JB/non-serious modes that you can kill your teamates at round end). I really didn't believe that delaying scrambling would cause problem... Thanks for pointing out the direction.

I've have some other code-twists to do. I can't work on it right now but I'll soon.

EDIT : I've tryed to change on round end... without success... wtf...
Kill Assist
Be Medic

Last edited by RedSword; 08-11-2011 at 22:10.
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-11-2011 , 22:48   Re: [CS:S] Auto Team Scrambler (Updated 20-07-2011 v1.3.0)
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Alright I might be wrong but I remember someone telling me the issue lies when it makes the player switch teams. If it doesn't happen at round end then it has issues calculating. An example of [...])
You're wrong ! (and so was I !)

I corrected my mistake (was purely algorithm problem :/ :$).

I was putting a minimum of one player to ONE team and not both (so a random one was receiving a minimum of one; so the other team could get 0 players :$). I got blind during a long time in front of my code .

I then changed dynamic array to static and did input another bug (was doing a for() without using the incrementing variables; that gave the same result as the same bug).

Corrected all and tested WITH bots (I believed at first when releasing 3rd mode that it was because they were bots that it didn't work) and worked awesomely.

Big thanks namine for bug reporting (and giving me direction that got me to focus/work on it xD).

1.3.1 is out. There shouldn't be any problems anymore. I also believe that resolve the not-enough-spawnpoints-problem (just get a specific-map-config plugin).
Kill Assist
Be Medic