Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Clueless (April Fools)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2006 , 07:15  

He couldn't keep SH from working anyway, unless he totally broke metamod and amxx.
Old 04-01-2006 , 08:01  

HE wont do that
all normal game servers run on meta, amx(x)
Old 04-01-2006 , 11:57   VALVe / Steam

It is very hard to belive VALVe / Steam can do anything about stopping a mod to run on servers. You guys tend to forget. VALVe / Steam can not even get thier own program to run properly, let alone stop mods from running on them.

It seems as if VALVe / Steam is only concerned about the money more then worrying about making an HL1/HL2 engine for the client flawless before VALVe and Steam teamed up in early of 2001. They put more and more games on steam that have nothing to do with HL1 or HL2. Which is why Steam is in motion to being with.

However, I can understand where Alfred is coming from. You get so many children playing Couter-Strike who goes into a SuperHero MOD Server not even knowing what SH MOD is or does. Then they start complaining about how everyone is cheating / hacking in the server. Only becuase they are clueless as to how the server is set up to run with SH MOD. Last time I knew, VALVe ignored all thoes whinning little twirps who complained about servers. Servers are operated independently and Steam / VALVe have NO CONTROL over the operations of a server. I guess they are just sick of getting e-mails about them. Well, that is why there are e-mail FILTERS. Use them Alfred!

I only know this first hand from running and playing in a SuperHero MOD server 18 months now. I have seen just about everything. I have even explained to the ingorant little buggers about SH MOD and what it can do. The only way they stop all this, is just quit CS 1.6. And I do not think they are going to stop their #1 game.

Just keep developing SuperHero MOD as normal until they actually do stop SH MOD. They only thing they can do at this time is not supply you with server functions of if they change them or add new features. But I am sure you have your ways of finding out in a round about way.

Krillin
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 04-01-2006 , 12:28  

Well, April Fools everyone.
This is a joke but that quote is real. It was actualy made about HL2. The reason why it still is very hard to make shero or wc3 mod for HL2. Now you can see why we are not making anything for source yet.

I had a good prank for my parents today. I switched sugar with sault knowing the first thing they do in the morning is drink coffee. My mom threw up and my dad blamed the sugar company to putting salt in the package. LMAO
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2006 , 13:25  

Haha good one Freecode
Old 04-01-2006 , 14:06  

i thought it was a serious topic lol even the homepage lol
Old 04-01-2006 , 14:07  

No more jokes plz ok???
Old 04-02-2006 , 01:56  

lol, uactually had me going ;) well pld nice prank
Send a message via AIM to (,)!nkl3 Send a message via MSN to (,)!nkl3
bLiNd
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2006 , 04:14   Re: VALVe / Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillin
It is very hard to belive VALVe / Steam can do anything about stopping a mod to run on servers. You guys tend to forget. VALVe / Steam can not even get thier own program to run properly, let alone stop mods from running on them.

It seems as if VALVe / Steam is only concerned about the money more then worrying about making an HL1/HL2 engine for the client flawless before VALVe and Steam teamed up in early of 2001. They put more and more games on steam that have nothing to do with HL1 or HL2. Which is why Steam is in motion to being with.

However, I can understand where Alfred is coming from. You get so many children playing Couter-Strike who goes into a SuperHero MOD Server not even knowing what SH MOD is or does. Then they start complaining about how everyone is cheating / hacking in the server. Only becuase they are clueless as to how the server is set up to run with SH MOD. Last time I knew, VALVe ignored all thoes whinning little twirps who complained about servers. Servers are operated independently and Steam / VALVe have NO CONTROL over the operations of a server. I guess they are just sick of getting e-mails about them. Well, that is why there are e-mail FILTERS. Use them Alfred!

I only know this first hand from running and playing in a SuperHero MOD server 18 months now. I have seen just about everything. I have even explained to the ingorant little buggers about SH MOD and what it can do. The only way they stop all this, is just quit CS 1.6. And I do not think they are going to stop their #1 game.

Just keep developing SuperHero MOD as normal until they actually do stop SH MOD. They only thing they can do at this time is not supply you with server functions of if they change them or add new features. But I am sure you have your ways of finding out in a round about way.

Krillin
That made me laugh more than Freecodes post.

~bLiNd
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 04-02-2006 , 09:51  

lol blind, ye it was pretty funny.
Closed Thread