Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D1] How do I change difficulty on demand & block difficulty votes

Post New Thread Reply   

railgibs
Old 07-12-2019 , 23:16   [L4D1] How do I change difficulty on demand & block difficulty votes
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I was just playing on my L4D1 server and a guy comes in, instantly passes a vote for expert difficulty somehow (there were two others including me), and kills us all. I swiftly banned him, but now I want to prevent that from happening in the first place.

Is there a way prevent difficulty change votes? I'm sure there are since some servers are expert only and such. I want to keep my server at normal at all times and not let people vote change it.

I also don't know how I can change the difficulty on demand as an admin. Is there a line I can add to the admin custom menu for difficulty select? Maybe a plugin that allows me to change the difficulty as I please? I've been searching up and down and can't find anything. If anything at all, just a way for the server to never change from normal would be excellent.

Hope that made sense, thanks for reading and your help.

EDIT: Now someone changed it to survival. How do I just prevent voting all together? Haha

-railgibs

Last edited by railgibs; 07-12-2019 at 23:28. Reason: Shown in post
xerox8521
Old 07-13-2019 , 08:47   Re: [L4D1] How do I change difficulty on demand & block difficulty votes
Reply With Quote #2

Try these cvars

Code:
sv_vote_command_delay                    : 2        : , "sv", "launcher" : How long after a vote passes until the action happens
sv_vote_creation_timer                   : 30       : , "sv", "launcher" : How often someone can individually call a vote.
sv_vote_failure_timer                    : 0        : , "sv", "launcher" : A vote that fails cannot be re-submitted for this long
sv_vote_issue_change_difficulty_allowed  : 1        : , "sv", "launcher" : Can people hold votes to change the difficulty?
sv_vote_issue_change_map_later_allowed   : 1        : , "sv", "launcher" : Can people hold votes to change the map after this round?
sv_vote_issue_change_map_now_allowed     : 1        : , "sv", "launcher" : Can people hold votes to immediately change the map?
sv_vote_issue_change_mission_allowed     : 1        : , "sv", "launcher" : Can people hold votes to change missions?
sv_vote_issue_kick_allowed               : 1        : , "sv", "launcher" : Can people hold votes to kick players from the server?
sv_vote_issue_restart_game_allowed       : 1        : , "sv", "launcher" : Can people hold votes to restart the game?
sv_vote_kick_ban_duration                : 5        : , "sv", "launcher" : How long should a kick vote ban someone from the server? (in minutes)
sv_vote_timer_duration                   : 15       : , "sv", "launcher" : How long to allow voting on an issue
For a list of more cvars check this page: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...t_of_L4D_Cvars

Last edited by xerox8521; 07-13-2019 at 08:48.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2019 , 10:34   Re: [L4D1] How do I change difficulty on demand & block difficulty votes
Reply With Quote #3

This sounds like an XY Problem. What you seem to be asking for is a vote blocker plugin which is available here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2082240

That plugin allows you to block players from voting to change the difficulty while still allowing you to change it manually or automatically via other plugins.

If you want to manually change the difficulty, just use sm_cvar z_difficulty <difficulty> (ex: sm_cvar z_difficulty normal).
Old 01-26-2020 , 13:12   Re: [L4D1] How do I change difficulty on demand & block difficulty votes
Reply With Quote #4

There was exploit fix in my plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2657809