Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Automatic demo recording v1.6.4 (steambans support added)

Post New Thread Reply   

Timiditas
Old 10-12-2009 , 20:02   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3
Reply With Quote #21

Update check feature dropped
Autodemo Plugin now supports SteamBans plugin
sb_status is automatically fired when a new player connects and SteamBans was detected running.
The fake status textfiles are now optional and can be deactivated by setting the cvar sm_autodemo_fakestatus_file to 0

Harley
Old 10-19-2009 , 10:23   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #22

where can I find the finished demo
Old 10-19-2009 , 10:26   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #23

Im Hauptverzeichnis der Mod. Wenn dort keine zu finden sind, trotz aktiver Spieler auf dem Server, handelt es sich entweder um eine Fehlkonfiguration oder einen Bug im Plugin.

The demos go into the root directory of the Mod e.g. cstrike/ or tf2/ . If none are there, although there were active players on the server, the plugin is misconfigured or has a bug.

Harley
Old 10-20-2009 , 07:24   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #24

Thx for the Info
Old 10-22-2009 , 11:33   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #25

Awesome! This is great news that the sourcebans support was able to be developed. This will really help put an end to hackers for good.

Now on to my next feature request lol,

How about some sort of system that allows a user from ingame to have the current or recent demos e-mailed to them. This would allow a way for users to have the demos sent to them without needing to worry about the demos being deleted. The system could work as follows:

!demo
-Opens a basic menu that has two options: email settings|send demo
-Email settings allows users to configure an e-mail address that will be permanently tied to their steam id until changed. In the future cross server support could be added with the help of remote sql database.
-Send Demo opens up a menu where a user can select from the available demos. When user selects a demo it is then e-mailed to them.

To get around max file sizes for e-mail attachments it could be possible to compress and or break apart the file into peaces. If this is not possible to do with sourcemod there is another way:

Demos can be limited by a max file size. In the interface for the user they only see the demo as relating to the map as a whole. Thus when they select to have the demo sent to them all the demos that make up that particular map at that date and time are sent as individual attachments/emails.

I believe that by creating such a system it will be much easier for individual players and admins to obtain access to the demo files for review and submitting to steambans without being given any sort of ftp access to the server that could be abused. In addition future options such as max emails per day per user can help prevent server bandwidth from being abused which is very important to private server owners who pay big $$$ for bandwidth.

Thank you again for your great work so far on this mod!
Old 10-22-2009 , 14:15   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #26

A server operator using this plugin should provide an ingame method to report cheaters to the admins, so they can send the demo to the SB team.
Maybe I will add this to this plugin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Following your idea, I think it would make more sense to store requested demos on public webspace and send requesting users the link. That way the server wouldn't have to send the same file over and over.
I don't know if sfplayer has a method in his socket extension, to limit the bandwith up the upload speed.

Hogging server bandwith is a ping killer.

Last edited by Timiditas; 10-22-2009 at 14:18.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-22-2009 , 14:48   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #27

For those that're curious. This doesn't work for Left4Dead, SourceTV itself simply does not work.
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2009 , 01:07   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #28

The reason I wanted to use something like e-mails is that there is:
0% chance of your server getting hacked into
you easily track bandwidth abusers and actually ban them
can be done from inside the game
Old 10-27-2009 , 13:18   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #29

I thought of another way this functionality could be provided but can not find any programs that do the following:
Allow Users to register for an FTP account
When registered users are given an automatically generated ftp account with predefined limits such as max file transfers per day.

If anyone knows of an ftp program that works like this please let me know.
Old 10-27-2009 , 13:29   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.6.3 (steambans support added)
Reply With Quote #30

If someone wants to take over this plugin to include these features, don't hesitate to. Currently N1G ranking and another project are needing my full attention, so theres little to no time left for this. I have posted a snippet in snippets and extensions subforum how to send an email with sourcemod (needs sockets extension) which propably can be easily extended to send attachments.