Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Kramerika
Old 02-26-2009 , 23:22   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Can anyone with a Windows server play pl maps without crashing the server? We are on the latest server release and Source Mod 1.1.1 with Windows. We took pl maps out of the rotation because they would almost certainly bring down the server when full. With those maps out of the rotation, we have been able to limit the crashes to only a few today.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-26-2009 , 23:24   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

markym: You are trying to install SourceMod 1.1 over a 1.2 installation. That doesn't work - clear out the extensions folder first.
Old 02-26-2009 , 23:47   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
markym: You are trying to install SourceMod 1.1 over a 1.2 installation. That doesn't work - clear out the extensions folder first.

Will do ..thanks bailopan! That sure was my issue. I didn't realize stepping down from a Snapshot to a stable version needed to be handled different than just copying over all the files. Appreciate the post.

Last edited by markym; 02-27-2009 at 11:17.
ColdFire
Old 02-27-2009 , 01:19   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerika View Post
Can anyone with a Windows server play pl maps without crashing the server? We are on the latest server release and Source Mod 1.1.1 with Windows. We took pl maps out of the rotation because they would almost certainly bring down the server when full. With those maps out of the rotation, we have been able to limit the crashes to only a few today.
pl maps crash on linux server too, got 3 crashes on 3 different pl maps, during the map, for no reason
Old 02-27-2009 , 01:32   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

PL map crashes happen without SourceMod loaded, it appears to be a valve issue that they might or might not be working on. Time will tell.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2009 , 01:47   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Nice job on the quick release
Old 02-27-2009 , 02:00   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

After unloading Sourcemod then Loading it with this new release im pretty sure they crash. So I wouldnt recommend it

markym
Old 02-27-2009 , 02:02   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

We too are having crash issues on TF2 since the scout update, now running SM 1.1.2 and the MM 1.7.1. It does seem to happen when the server fills up but I'm also getting server disconnects on map changes mostly on dustbowl. I'll keep on eye on our pl maps and see if that is an issue too. Does anyone know if the map crashing issues are SM related or is this still a valve issue? Thanks for all the hard work guys, seriously you guys rock!
neils31
Old 02-27-2009 , 03:31   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Thanks for the quick work guys

I have installed the update and I am awaiting feedback.
Kramerika
Old 02-27-2009 , 09:32   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

I have another odd issue since the new update earlier in the week. All of my Orange Box servers (DoD:S and TF2) crash on startup since the update. Sometimes they crash twice, but normally they will finally start and stay running. This is consistent though as it never fails. They never did this before, and I have changed nothing outside of updating the server and Source Mod since the update. What is to blame for this? Installing Source Mod 1.1.2 did not fix this. I am running only the basic Source Mod with a limited number of additional plugins and no other mods. I should also note that this does not happen with my CS:S server also running Source Mod 1.1.2 which leads me to believe that it is an Orange Box server issue or a combination of the two.

I have not had the servers up long enough today with 1.1.2 to know whether pl maps are still a big contributor to crashing, but I should know soon.

Last edited by Kramerika; 02-27-2009 at 09:43.
Closed Thread