Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

AMXx not loaded?

Post New Thread Reply   

slugger
Old 04-20-2006 , 18:37   AMXx not loaded?
Reply With Quote #1

ok so i got a server and i had them install amxx for me. i added myself as admin
Code:
"STEAM_0:1:901518" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"
when i go in the server, it doesn't look like it's there. i can't run any amx_ command. it says unknown command amx_

i couldn't get it resolved with them through support, they even installed it 2nd time but same results. what can i do here?

edit: does it have to be turned on somewhere maybe? i would figure it would be on by default..i have no idea. first time dealing with server
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 04-20-2006 , 19:07  
Reply With Quote #2

If you have rcon access, try the "amxx version" command through rcon. If that doesn't work, try "meta list".

(both without quotes).

By the way, I have edited your title for you (as a rule of thumb, only joke posts may have all-caps titles. A support post with an all-caps title drives me nuts, I'm getting violent, shouting, screaming, I feel like killing. Don't do that).
Old 04-20-2006 , 19:17  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
] meta list
Currently running plugins:
0 plugins
Unknown command: meta
BadAim
Old 04-20-2006 , 20:11  
Reply With Quote #4

do you try commands like godmod or noclip things like this? try amx_help and see what u got. to get the godmod, no clip, heal, etc u need the AMX_SUPER plugin
slugger
Old 04-20-2006 , 20:23  
Reply With Quote #5

nothing works i said. amx_help, nothing amx_ period. something is obviously wrong but i have no idea.
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2006 , 20:40  
Reply With Quote #6

[IGNORE]You need metamod on your server.
You can get the official MetaMod or you can get Metamod-P 1.19p28

For more info about adding metamod consult
http://wiki.amxmodx.org/index.php/In...alling_Metamod
[/IGNORE]
If you're still having trouble feel free to send me a message via AIM: TFCMZ Bo0m
Old 04-20-2006 , 22:57  
Reply With Quote #7

lol boom stop steal my threads
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2006 , 23:01  
Reply With Quote #8

... ? *Bad(+)Aim*, last time I checked these aren't your threads; what's wrong with me helping people fix their servers? By the way would you care to stop giving me -karma daily? Thanks.
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2006 , 23:09  
Reply With Quote #9

Just to tell you guys, Metamod is already running, it it wasn't it wouldn't say anything when you typed 'meta list'.

Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon Send a message via MSN to Silver Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Dragon
Bo0m!
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2006 , 23:15  
Reply With Quote #10

Erm.. my post was regarding that AMXX wasn't loaded, so I thought to point out the latest metamod, if it's the wrong metamod doesn't meta list show 0 plugins or does it show the plugin and say bad load, I forget.

EDIT: Ah if the metamod is wrong it does show up and say bad load. Ignore my previous post slugger. But now for another question
Check your server's addons/metamod folder, is plugins.ini setup correctly?
(As in, is there a plugins.ini file in the metamod folder, if not, this could be your problem, if so, open it and check that it is pointing to AMXX as shown in the help document below)
http://wiki.amxmodx.org/index.php/In...ally#Configure