Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?

Post New Thread Reply   

LN5005
Old 02-12-2023 , 05:27   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #181

I found that the TLS update seems to have added some entities to the map I was editing, interfering with the navmesh I had previously edited.
* I was previously editing the map on another computer and for unknown reasons the TLS update did not add the relevant entities on this computer.

I decided to spend some time trying to see if I could remove these unwanted entities.

The list of entities added by the TLS update can be found at https://github.com/Tsuey/L4D2-Commun...m2_streets.nut, as can the names of the associated entities, but the names listed are only part of the full targetname. Another part (the "anv_mapfixes" prefix) of the targetname can be found at https://github.com/jacob404/Official...e/mapspawn.nut.

Combining the names of the two is the targetname of the associated entity; for example
_yeswaychoke_roof1 + anv_mapfixes(prefix) = "anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof1".

* /ent did not work for me.

I didn't want to re-edit the related entities and navmesh I had created, so I decided to try to remove these unwanted entities added by TLS.

tried to kill these entities with logic_auto, did not work.
ent_fire anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof1 kill, worked.
script EntFire("anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof1", "kill", "0"), worked.
logic_auto + RunScriptFile(EntFire("anv_mapfixes_yeswaycho ke_roof1", "kill", "0")), did not work.
using anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof1 kill on some OnTrigger, worked.

It looks like these entities require the map to be fully loaded before they can be removed. Since logic_auto did not work, these entities added by TLS must be removed by some other type of input.

A common way to do this is to make a Trigger_once outside the security door (attached to it), and a similar but somewhat tricky way is to use Stripper to modify the properties of the security door. Let's see ......

PHP Code:
add:

{

"targetname" "sky_filter_survs"
    "classname" "filter_activator_team"
    "filterteam" "2"
    "Negated" "0"
}

{

"classname"        "trigger_once"
    "targetname"    "TLS_ER_trigger"
    "filtername"    "sky_filter_survs"
    "spawnflags"    "1"
    "startdisabled" "0"
    "origin"        "2322.755126 4903.979492 448.031250"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof1,Kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof2,Kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswayturnpike_hedgea,kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswayturnpike_hedgeb,kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_fence1,kill,,0,-1"
}

{

"classname"        "logic_auto"
    "OnMapSpawn"    "TLS_ER_trigger,addoutput,mins -10 -10 -10,0,-1"
    "OnMapSpawn"    "TLS_ER_trigger,addoutput,maxs 10 10 200,0,-1"
    "OnMapSpawn"    "TLS_ER_trigger,addoutput,solid 2,0,-1"

* In this example, i used some code from sky.

Get the location of the security door with /pos or /ent and write it to the origin attribute of trigger_once; when a survivor approaches or enters this area, it removes the relevant entities via OnTrigger.

; ...... or:

PHP Code:
modify:
{

match:
    {

"hammerid"    "75531"

}

insert:
    {

"OnFullyOpen"    "TLS_Entities_Remover,Trigger,,0,-1"

}
}

add:
{

"classname"        "logic_relay"
    "targetname"    "TLS_Entities_Remover"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof1,Kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_roof2,Kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswayturnpike_hedgea,kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswayturnpike_hedgeb,kill,,0,-1"
    "OnTrigger"        "anv_mapfixes_yeswaychoke_fence1,kill,,0,-1"

* It seems that the hammerid of the security door is different on each map / level, so you have to get the hammerid of the security door manually and replace the value of "hammerid" with it.

When the security door is opened, the relevant entities will be removed. I'm not sure if the plugins that affect the security door will affect the effect of these codes.

These two methods should remove entities that cannot be removed by logic_auto (except for prop_static).

Last edited by LN5005; 02-12-2023 at 06:19.
LN5005
Old 02-19-2023 , 06:04   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #182

Modifications to Dead Center, including a few companion navmesh files.

Based on HarryPotter's Unlimited Map

The design of the path is based on the case where invisible walls are removed, so the server needs to use the appropriate files to remove the invisibile walls, and the client needs to endure the various adverse effects associated with this. Overall, although it creates some problems, they are somewhat minor compared to the great benefits it provides.

Preview (tested on a dedicated server):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-N_CIHNP7s

Preview (tested on Realism Expert with 3 bots, earlier version):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7I7hmR8Hk

Only c1m1 and c1m2 have been completed.

Since I am exhausted (burned out) from editing the navmesh and making various changes to related entities, I'm not planning to continue modifying c1m3 at this time.

nav_mark_walkable does not seem to generate the appropriate navmesh for prop_dynamic, which has cost me dozens of hours in modifying the navmesh.

Installation:

1) Put the cfg files in the maps folder of Stripper;
2) Put the vpk file in the addons folder;
3) Put the nav files in the Left 4 Dead 2/update/maps folder and overwrite the original files;
* This operation is irreversible: backup the original files before that;
4) Put the nut file in the Left 4 Dead 2/left4dead2/scripts/vscripts folder;
5) You don't need to put the midi files in anywhere;
6) Restart the server software.

Credits:

* Entities generated by HarryPotter's Objects Spawner Improved -- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=255.
** Unfortunately this plugin doesn't seem to have automatic angle alignment, so you have to manually calibrate its generated entity angles to 45, 90, or some other similar angle; the new version generates entities with angles that include decimal points, which further increases the amount of work required to manually calibrate entity angles, so I'm still using the older version of this plugin.
** It appears that the plugin allows clients to generate or save entities to cfg files without administrator permissions; I'm not sure if this vulnerability is fixed in the new version.

* HarryPotter's Unlimited Map -- https://github.com/fbef0102/L4D2-Unlimited-Map

* An add-on for removing invisible walls -- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=944486275

* Apparently there is some code from Sky -- https://github.com/Attano/Sky

* Looks like the code used by Unlimited Map includes an event made by Typical -- https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5&postcount=86

Known issues.
* If clients have not installed or used the add-on that removes invisible walls, then they will feel lag in the location where the invisible walls were removed.
* Contact with certain models or entities that are using invisible walls as their collision box will also produce this lag.
* prop_dynamic entities are lacking cliff detection, which means that survivors will just drop dead instead of grabbing/holding the edges of these (cliff) entities.
* Versus is not supported, and I noticed in versus mode that there are some invisible walls(blocking Special Infecteds) that may not be removable. i'm not going to try to fix this, because I don't play versus.
* The number of bots that have died from falls could circle the globe(literally).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modified.Dead.Center.(2023-10-09).zip (5.04 MB, 78 views)

Last edited by LN5005; 10-09-2023 at 08:00. Reason: Fixed an invisible wall problem in c1m1 caused by a recent update.
LN5005
Old 03-11-2023 , 18:24   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #183

For some reason, I could not change the value of the "team" parameter for a few new ladders I copied.

Anyway, I modified the existing infected ladders directly to allow survivors to climb them directly, instead of copying the ladders.

The invisible infected ladders can be displayed via nav_edit 1 (it need sv_cheats 1) if the ladders have navmesh.

Get the hammerid of the ladder via /ent, and change the value of the team parameter to 0 via Stripper's modify, match, and replace to allow survivors to climb the related infected ladders.

For example:
Code:
modify:
{
    match:
    {
    "hammerid"    "1355265"
    }
    replace:
    {
	"team"	"0"
	}
}
Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiGAJxe1qRI

Last edited by LN5005; 03-11-2023 at 18:34.
LN5005
Old 03-11-2023 , 21:35   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #184

Some minor changes for c1m3 (conceptual).

Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFMfDYgamw

It looks like the bots sometimes fall straight to the ground instead of climbing down the ladder, and I'm not sure how to fix that.

Maybe placing the ladder on the opposite side of the ventilation duct, or putting a entity at the bottom of the ventilation duct might help, but I'm not too keen on dealing with this at the moment (burned out on this).

Installation:

* Same as Modified Dead Center.

Credits:
* A file from https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=944486275 is used to remove invisible walls from c1m3.
KoMiKoZa
Old 03-27-2023 , 03:30   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #185

Just popping in to show a token of appreciation for your work, TypicalType and LN5005. Thanks a lot for sharing, neat stuff!

Last edited by KoMiKoZa; 03-27-2023 at 05:29.
Franco20
Old 05-20-2023 , 16:41   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #186

I remember that there was an event of the last stand in the first chapter a small plane crashing into the bridge and at the end the rescue changed to an helicopter I hope those events happen sounds very funny to me
Kanashimi
Old 06-01-2023 , 10:32   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalType View Post
Made an update on the last sequence of the c1m2 pre-mall event.

Just a few minor changes because i wasn't so satisfied about the event before.

- Reduced the absurd amount of tanks, which i instead added custom CI spawns. (bots might still struggle on this one)
- Made tweaks on the hint instruction messages.
- Added a missing damage filter in a "cutscene".
- Adjusted the washed out colors of the cars in the parking lot.

These are only the most noticeable ones, theres another small changes but it's not worth to mention here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCoQA4od0AY
This breaks horde behavior. I think Valve fucked up your code and is now hordes don't function properly whatsoever throughout the level even at the gunshop.

But at least the tanks still works fine at the end.
TypicalType
Old 06-01-2023 , 21:12   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
This breaks horde behavior. I think Valve fucked up your code and is now hordes don't function properly whatsoever throughout the level even at the gunshop.

But at least the tanks still works fine at the end.
I don't recall modifying anything about the Director nor any Vscripts that modify the Director through the entire level, i've just placed down a few "info_zombie_spawn" on some sequences of the event. Are you sure that the event is causing these issues?
Kanashimi
Old 06-01-2023 , 22:09   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalType View Post
I don't recall modifying anything about the Director nor any Vscripts that modify the Director through the entire level, i've just placed down a few "info_zombie_spawn" on some sequences of the event. Are you sure that the event is causing these issues?
Yes, the event is causing the issues. I've had a similar issue with Sky's c5m3_cemetery level. It took me a while to find and it turned out the code below breaks horde behavior.
Code:
 "OnMapSpawn" "template_Path_DForceSpawn0-1"
Although it seems harmless on the surface, I think some code straight up breaks nav or AI behavior of some sort 'cause of Valve updates.
Slaven555
Old 06-12-2023 , 12:34   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxiaJLSA View Post
Based on the sky stripper, I recreated the c2m3_coaster event in a different way, adding much more facility for those who wish to recreate the event.

go upstairs to see the event

the event is at the top, because in that part there is a stripper search event, fenri_neko

Event Dead Zombie
Hi all. It seemed to me that this event was too boring and I modified it a bit. But there is one problem that I can't solve. If this event is loaded along with the map, then it breaks the spawn of the infected, there are practically none on the whole level. If someone can fix this I would appreciate it.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c1m3_mall.cfg (10.1 KB, 129 views)