Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Need help with Sourcebans error

Post New Thread Reply   

waltercl
Old 02-17-2013 , 02:06   Need help with Sourcebans error
Reply With Quote #1

I'm having an odd error with Sourcebans.

I have two different Sourcebans pages. One is used for our CSS Server, and the other for our CSGO server.

Around Februrary 5 I was getting errors when trying to connect to my Sourcebans webpage for both servers. The error said something about there being too many connections. After couple of days this went away. However I noticed that around this same time the Dashboard stopped showing bans that were done on the server. You could ban someone on the server, but the bans weren't showing up in Sourcebans. Also I could update Admins on the Sourcebans website, and the update would show up in the database, but it wouldn't show up on the server. So it looks like Sourcebans can talk to the Database, but either the server isn't talking to the database or the server isn't talking to the Sourcebans web control panel.

I see the following error in the Sourcebans log file:

[sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxx.xxxx.com' (110). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20 (I looked at this site, but there did not appear to be a solution for my specific problem)
L

And I see the following error in the sourcemod error file:

[SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 02/16/2013 - 060:40: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
L 02/16/2013 - 060:40: [SM] [0] Line 1400, D:\Program Files (x86)\Zend\Apache2\htdocs\sourcebans\trunk\ga me_upload\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourceba ns.sp:rocessQueueCallback()
L 02/16/2013 -

I double-checked my database.cfg file, and they are exactly what the sourcebans web control panel says they should be. When I first looked at this, I noticed that I had been using "default" for the driver, and this had been working fine, but the settings on the webpage said to use "mysql" so I changed it for both servers thinking this must be the problem, but even after a server restart with these new settings I'm still getting the same errors.

My Game Server and the Website are not on the same site. The WEbsite and the Database are on the same site.

Any ideas?

Last edited by waltercl; 02-17-2013 at 02:23.
waltercl
Old 02-19-2013 , 04:36   Re: Need help with Sourcebans error
Reply With Quote #2

Nobody has any idea what might be the problem?
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-19-2013 , 05:32   Re: Need help with Sourcebans error
Reply With Quote #3

Your SQL host doesn't allow external connections. Get your host to open port 3306 to the public or find a new host

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 02-19-2013 at 05:33.
waltercl
Old 02-20-2013 , 03:27   Re: Need help with Sourcebans error
Reply With Quote #4

Can someone recommend a cheap reliable host? I'm working with my host, but I've got some guy from India trying to give support who doesn't appear to know what I'm talking about.
checkster
BANNED
Old 02-20-2013 , 05:00   Re: Need help with Sourcebans error
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltercl View Post
Can someone recommend a cheap reliable host? I'm working with my host, but I've got some guy from India trying to give support who doesn't appear to know what I'm talking about.
Nuclear fallout is cheap, fast, and will give you all support you need.
I think I pay like 2 usd a month for their basic webhost plan, thats where I host my l4d2 stats and sourcebans site.
waltercl
Old 02-22-2013 , 04:08   Re: Need help with Sourcebans error
Reply With Quote #6

All set up with NFO, and everything is working now. Thanks!
checkster
BANNED
Old 02-22-2013 , 18:09   Re: Need help with Sourcebans error
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltercl View Post
All set up with NFO, and everything is working now. Thanks!

Nice, they rock. Glad it worked out, feel free to ask if you nee any help.