Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SuperHero Module Request/Bug list

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 08-20-2005 , 20:22   SuperHero Module Request/Bug list

SuperHero Module Request/Bug List

I will just list all requests and bugs here.
The items in green have been fixed/added.
The items in red have not been fixed/added.
The items in blue have been modified/added but not tested.

Bug List
  • Stun reset speed on default speed users
  • Crash when using bots ~bail
  • sh_set_user_lvl not working ~Batman/Gorlag
Request List
  • Saving by IP to binary
  • Saving to MySQL
  • Ping sound upon Level Up
  • Death message native
  • Admin Menu
  • CD support - removed/deleted
  • Unlimited ammo flag that still requires reload for sh_reloadammo()
  • Register extradamage weapons with CSX
  • Optional damageOrigin for sh_extradamage's gmsgDamage (default being attacker)
  • Native for status of when a heroes power is in use (to avoid set/get _user_info use required for Bazooka, etc.)
  • Shield Restriction for heroes that can get more then one primary weapon to avoid useage of primary and shield at same time.
  • Native to see if a user is in a stun, to be used in heroes to block powers that can move from a stun
  • Native to check if a weapon id is a gun, since some heroes need to check if bullets are used to do something
  • Option to set an extradamage value as instant kill
  • Make 7/8/9 on the menu always be constant values (next/back/exit)
Please only post Bug or Requests. NOTHING ELSE or it will be deleted.

Last edited by vittu; 02-08-2007 at 20:32.
yang
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2005 , 20:27  

freecode, here's an request for you.

You know how in death event if u type:

killer = read_data(1) its suppose to get the killer

but since how if u kill someone with a plugin it don't register that as a kill by the user of the plugin. Can u make it so in death event it can recognize the killer as the killer not the plugin if that user uses a plugin to kill?

EDIT: Gorlag, assume that function does actually work to register the killer which i don't think it does, do i want to add that to every other superhero so they all force dmg? O.O don't think so and this was a request/bug thread. I didn't want to waste another msg on discussion. You should've PM'ed me with ur idea instead of putting it on this thread. In addition, i deducted it didn't include the killer id cuz it was a forcedamage that would apply dmg to an entity but does not add a killer id to it.
Old 09-02-2005 , 04:38  

How bout you try the function fakedamage(idvictim,szClassname[],Float:takedmgdamage,damagetype) which can be found in engine_stock include. In this function you can define the damage type the user will take from you even if you use your super powers and stuff. Classname is the string you have set your entity to by using the entity_set_string() function. Takemgdamage is how much damage you want to inflict on players, and damagetype, of course, can be found in the engine_const.inc

I just thought that might be one way to go around this problem. I don't know if it will work, but I thought this might be a suggestion, to get around this whole problem of being killed by a plugin but not being registered as a kill by the user of the plugin.

This is of course, thanks to XxAvalanchexX, for showing me this cool function.

P.S. I haven't tried recording this thing on the stats yet. And I didn't see this function in the superheromod.sma, so it might work .

EDIT(After reading JTP's post): Yeah you got a point there JTP, after all, now that you mentioned it, I don't see the killer's id, as being one of the parameters, so it won't show who the killer is. I guess it's back to square one.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2005 , 06:26  

Gorlag/Batman, this would not solve rockell's problem of trying to get the killers index number, as it still would not be reported.
Never Fall Asleep
Old 09-08-2005 , 03:25  

rockell: i dont know if that would be possible. I mean i can add a function like sh_make_death(id,victimID,heroID,bool: kill = 1); which will make a deathmsg and log it. but we pretty much can do that inside a plugin. But there is no real way of catching which hero made the kill.
Om3gA
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2005 , 04:27  

what about an admin menu for shmod ?
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2005 , 04:34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecode
rockell: i dont know if that would be possible. I mean i can add a function like sh_make_death(id,victimID,heroID,bool: kill = 1); which will make a deathmsg and log it. but we pretty much can do that inside a plugin. But there is no real way of catching which hero made the kill.
As long as such a function exist that I can add to the plugin, I think it would be great that would be nice having sh_make_death eheheh
Never Fall Asleep
Old 09-08-2005 , 13:29  

rockel: alright.

Omega: sounds like a good idea. ill add it.
mage
Old 09-08-2005 , 13:32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freecode
rockel: alright.

Omega: sounds like a good idea. ill add it.
wow freecode your good at understanding and yes that it will recister that you made the kill will be soo good like on rank and if it just get registered that you made the kill thats good inof
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 09-08-2005 , 13:38  

well i mean it will be just like old way. kill person. make a deathmsg and log it.
i think reason some people might want it is they didnt noe how to use it before????
Closed Thread