Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!

Post New Thread Reply   

McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2010 , 17:45   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #21

I wouldn't even know where to begin an HTML version, so no worries. XD
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2010 , 06:50   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #22

Great idea for a plugin. Two things though:

1) Why do you open the stream to read and append when you only need to append?

2) If you open the stream in binary format, then the chat text will log with support for unicode characters.

In my opinion:
Code:
Path = OpenFile(path, "a+");
Should be:
Code:
Path = OpenFile(path, "ab");

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 09-24-2010 at 06:59.
McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2010 , 21:56   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #23

Tony thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind for a next release.
BANNED
Old 09-26-2010 , 13:33   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #24

Hi McFlurry,

I would like to know if there's any way to change de format of log's

this:
Code:
[Sep 26 |14:45:40| 2010] Nickname: "message for testing log"
from this:
Code:
L 09/26/2010 - 14:45:40: "Nickname<STEAM_0:0:1234567><TERRORIST>" say "message for testing log"

Regards
Send a message via ICQ to homerjsimpson Send a message via AIM to homerjsimpson Send a message via Yahoo to homerjsimpson Send a message via Skype™ to homerjsimpson
King John
Old 07-19-2011 , 16:40   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #25

This may just be me, but this plugin seems to log the teams opposite... Red team's color in the chatlog is blue, and vice versa. I'm running a tf2 server, and I hotloaded the plugin. Thanks
irogue
Old 07-22-2011 , 11:25   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjsimpson View Post
Hi McFlurry,

I would like to know if there's any way to change de format of log's

this:
Code:
[Sep 26 |14:45:40| 2010] Nickname: "message for testing log"
from this:
Code:
L 09/26/2010 - 14:45:40: "Nickname<STEAM_0:0:1234567><TERRORIST>" say "message for testing log"
Regards
Hi recently been using this am also wondering if the formatting would be possible that it shows the users STEAMID alongside the players handle in the chat log?

Some players use non standard characters and it is hard to keep up with who the actual person is when reading the chat log, see the qoute below:

Code:
[Jul 22 |06:13:56| 2011] ∂ᴀяԏԊ   √ᴀᴅєⱤ: "hehe"
That way i could use steamfinder site to get the proper name for instance of the client in question when i run into any conversations that might need to be confirmed if someone cries foul when an admin is not present.

Thanks also just having a name is not really proof when going on the chat log as someone could just be impersonating another user, if there is need of a ban or such from a client and the steamid formatting would really help alot in that also.

thanks
xioSlayer
Old 09-05-2011 , 21:32   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by irogue View Post
Hi recently been using this am also wondering if the formatting would be possible that it shows the users STEAMID alongside the players handle in the chat log?

Some players use non standard characters and it is hard to keep up with who the actual person is when reading the chat log, see the qoute below:

Code:
[Jul 22 |06:13:56| 2011] ∂ᴀяԏԊ   √ᴀᴅєⱤ: "hehe"
That way i could use steamfinder site to get the proper name for instance of the client in question when i run into any conversations that might need to be confirmed if someone cries foul when an admin is not present.

Thanks also just having a name is not really proof when going on the chat log as someone could just be impersonating another user, if there is need of a ban or such from a client and the steamid formatting would really help alot in that also.

thanks
Just like you both, I also wanted this functionality. I added it to the say, say_team, and sm_say. I tested it and the resulting output was this:

Code:
[Sep 05 |20:39:18| 2011] <STEAM_1:0:39259601> jaenosjelantru(Survivor): "back"
I'm still a noob at source pawn so use at your own risk but it should be fine.

I didn't add it to the other commands, because I already know my admin's names... If you want to add it to those for whatever reason, just look at what I changed in the code for those commands and apply it to the other commands.

Perhaps this will hold you over until mcFlurry releases an update.

Thank you McFlurry for your awesome plugins It is much appreciated.

Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (chat_logger.sp - 633 views - 7.9 KB)

Last edited by xioSlayer; 09-05-2011 at 21:43.
irogue
Old 09-06-2011 , 14:05   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #28

thanks a tonne xioSlayer really helpful mate.
McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2011 , 17:12   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #29

I haven't updated the plugin for over almost a year now, but I will be updating this as right now it really only supports l4d and l4d2 lol. Expect an update soon, I won't pin a date on it, but it will be soon.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-16-2012 , 10:12   Re: [ANY] Chat Logger 2.0 Colorful RTF Logging Available Now!
Reply With Quote #30

I'm using this for TF2 and it works just fine. Though is it possible it can log the connects/disconnects as well? And their SteamID information.

Last edited by Skyrider; 01-16-2012 at 10:44.
Send a message via AIM to Skyrider Send a message via MSN to Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to Skyrider