[L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (2.33) [28-Jan-2024]

Post New Thread Reply   

Remco32
Old 12-31-2011 , 11:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.7 - 18-Oct-2011]
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
You have the translation file added?
No, I haven't. Do I need to? I'm planning to use the default, English one.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-31-2011 , 12:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.7 - 18-Oct-2011]
Reply With Quote #182

Yes that's why it's not working, EN is in the translation zip, as they should be.
Old 12-31-2011 , 14:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.7 - 18-Oct-2011]
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Yes that's why it's not working, EN is in the translation zip, as they should be.
And it works. Thanks Silvers!
Is it possible t ocustomize which lines can be played and which not? I only want a message when an item is passed that was previously unpassable.

Last edited by Remco32; 12-31-2011 at 14:40.
Silvers
Old 12-31-2011 , 14:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.7 - 18-Oct-2011]
Reply With Quote #184

Pills and Adrenaline will only show the message if the game does not handle the transfer, for example if you were to use the Reload key to transfer, and on rare occasions with Shove (right click) depending on range and the game engine. It's not customisable though, feel free to edit the source.
Old 12-31-2011 , 15:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.7 - 18-Oct-2011]
Reply With Quote #185

On my to-do list is modifying Gear Transfer so that there is more fine-grained control of chatter. I was originally going to just remove the chatter I didn't want, but if there's interest I can try to make it customizable with bit masks so that you can choose what types of chatter you want or do not want. I'll post the source for any modifications I make so that Silvers can choose whether to include them into his plugin. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, though, because my to-do list is a bit long...
Remco32
Old 01-02-2012 , 15:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.7 - 18-Oct-2011]
Reply With Quote #186

It seems to be possible to grab medkits from bots when you are spectating: http://puu.sh/ce3T
The 5th Survivor
Old 03-16-2012 , 12:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.7 - 18-Oct-2011]
Reply With Quote #187

Whenever I used to play single player or a LAN game, I was always annoyed that the bots wouldn't pick up Pipe Bombs and Molotovs. I wouldn't expect the bots to use the Molotov/PipeBomb because if they did the game would be much easier, but at least they should be able to pick up Molotov/PipeBomb and give it to a human player the same way they grab and give you pills.

This plugin does what I think should have been part of the game in the first place, but you took it steps further than that. Thank you Silvers for that I installed it in my L4D1 server (I also use it for single player & LAN games but with different configurations).

One suggestion, the default setting for l4d_gear_transfer_timer should be a bit higher like 3 or 4 instead of 1 because if you are playing with all bots and you are in an area with multiple Molotovs and/or PipeBombs, trying to transfer that gear to them can be tricky because they will usually give it right back to you before you have the chance to pick up another one (unless you run away as soon as you do the transfer, but in enclosed places that won't work). I have mine set to 4 and that gives the right amount of time to pick up and transfer multiple items.

The settings work as intended in the cfg file. Bots picking up nearby items works great. The auto grabbing, auto giving, and transfers of Molotovs, PipeBombs, pills, and first aids kits works perfectly.

They only issue I have is that if I enable the transfer of first aid kits, but disable the bots from being able to give first aid kits, they still are able to transfer the kits to a player. Here's the setting I have:

Code:
// 0=Off, 1=Enables. Make bots give their items to players with none.
// -
// Default: "1"
l4d_gear_transfer_auto_give "1"

// 0=Off, 1=Enables the transfer of first aid kits.
// -
l4d_gear_transfer_allow_fir "0"

// 0=Off, 1=Both, 2=Bots can give, 3=Bots can grab first aid kits.
// -
l4d_gear_transfer_bot_fir "3"
With those settings, the bots shouldn't be able to transfer first aid kits to players, but they still can and do so anyway. I tried values of 0, 1, 2, and 3 but they all have the function of "1", meaning bots can grab & give first aid kits on every setting. The only way around this was to disable the transfer of first aid kits, but I don't want to do that. I want the ability to transfer first aid kits to remain, but I don't want the bots giving me theirs automatically when I don't have one.

Settings for
l4d_gear_transfer_bot_mol
l4d_gear_transfer_bot_pil
l4d_gear_transfer_bot_pip

with values of:
0=Off, 1=Both, 2=Bots can give, 3=Bots can grab molotovs/pain pills/pipe bomb

all work with a value intended for the specific function perfectly fine though. So 0 turns it off, 1 let's bots give & grab, 2 let's bots give, and 3 let's bots grab. But when it comes to the first aid kits, 0 let's bots give & grab, 1 let's bots give & grab, 2 let's bots give & grab, and 3 let's bots give & grab.

Can you please correct that in the plugin when you get the chance and thanks again.
Silvers
Old 03-30-2012 , 10:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.8) [30-Mar-2012]
Reply With Quote #188

Plugin updated:

- Added cvar "l4d_gear_transfer_modes_on" to control which game modes the plugin works in.
- Added cvar "l4d_gear_transfer_modes_tog" same as above, but only works for L4D2.

@The 5th Survivor: I cannot replicate this issue, it maybe the cvar config is not being read (caused by too many cvars or invalid file permissions).

@Remco32: I also cannot replicate this, maybe you have a bad setup and something is causing the error. Does it always happen, rarely or just that once? All the checks are in place to prevent dead players receiving items.
Old 03-30-2012 , 23:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.8) [30-Mar-2012]
Reply With Quote #189

In 1.5.8, the bot auto-give and auto-pickup functionality seems to sometimes stop working in the middle of a game.

All bot transferring settings are default except I enabled it in versus (whereas it was disabled previously). This happened in realism mode though, so that shouldnt have any affect.
Silvers
Old 03-31-2012 , 07:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer (1.5.8) [30-Mar-2012]
Reply With Quote #190

In the middle of a round? I don't see why that would be, I've not had any issues... Could it be they were not close enough to the item to pickup?