Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Users with inappropriate use of plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

faelzindc
Old 12-24-2012 , 03:36   Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Hello developers, I've been noticing that some (many) users are using the plugin inappropriately. I have a system server list cs, but many users create fake servers to be redirected to their original servers. Could you tell me how can I create on my system to block these servers which use automatic redirects?
I understand very well about developing systems, no problem specify in detail how do I lock it.

Thank you for your attention and await answers.

Last edited by faelzindc; 12-24-2012 at 03:38.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-24-2012 , 03:47   Re: Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #2

xREDIRECT does nothing like that.

faelzindc
Old 12-24-2012 , 03:56   Re: Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
xREDIRECT does nothing like that.
Makes yes! See this list: http://csgameservs.com/
90% of servers are servers with XRedirect plugin that redirects to another server.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-24-2012 , 04:02   Re: Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #4

You should not talk about things you definatelly do not know.
xREDIRECT is a serverside plugin, so it NEEDS a REAL server to work. A fakeserver is generated by a tool running on a host computer that generates fake-servers and spams them to the masterservers. Those are the one you can see in the steam serverbrowser.
If you read the stickys you will see that xOR tried to prevent xREDIRECT from dying, because Valve tried to stop those fakeservers from working by preventing the server running the "connect" command to clients. Dunno if luck or not they failed. Luck, because xREDIRECT still works. Bad luck because you still got that BS fakeservers.

Last edited by Mordekay; 12-24-2012 at 04:03.
faelzindc
Old 12-24-2012 , 04:15   Re: Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
You should not talk about things you definatelly do not know.
xREDIRECT is a serverside plugin, so it NEEDS a REAL server to work. A fakeserver is generated by a tool running on a host computer that generates fake-servers and spams them to the masterservers. Those are the one you can see in the steam serverbrowser.
If you read the stickys you will see that xOR tried to prevent xREDIRECT from dying, because Valve tried to stop those fakeservers from working by preventing the server running the "connect" command to clients. Dunno if luck or not they failed. Luck, because xREDIRECT still works. Bad luck because you still got that BS fakeservers.
I understood what you meant!
Maybe I expressed myself wrong. When I referred to "fake servers", I meant that many users are creating multiple servers with XRedirect plugin, add 31 fake clients and spamming MasterServers.
I thought about creating a fake client to check if the server redirects to another server once the connection is made.
Or would like to know if you have some other way of identifying it.

Thanks for listening, and I'm sorry for not specifying more In detail what I refer.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-24-2012 , 04:18   Re: Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #6

Those servers do NOT use xREDIRECT.

Googe is your friend. Someone created a tool that helps you getting rid of them by banning the IP's that have more than X Servers. Sadly i don't have it anymore, but a simple search should show it to you.

EDIT
got it click me

Last edited by Mordekay; 12-24-2012 at 04:21.
faelzindc
Old 12-24-2012 , 04:45   Re: Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Those servers do NOT use xREDIRECT.

Googe is your friend. Someone created a tool that helps you getting rid of them by banning the IP's that have more than X Servers. Sadly i don't have it anymore, but a simple search should show it to you.

EDIT
got it click me
I found this tool so you told me, but in my system the tool does not find any servers. I'm no option, and I'm thinking of making the list of monitored servers manually. =/
Thanks for the attention Mordekay and sorry me anything.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2012 , 07:25   Re: Users with inappropriate use of plugin
Reply With Quote #8

i doubt there is much you can do about it, from the outside you cannot easily tell whether the server you see will just redirect you upon connection.
for TF2 has found the good solution that they have a score system and servers that have players for a longer time get a higher score. on the other hand servers where players keep on connecting but never stay (redirect servers) get a penalty. this way such fake servers have a very bad score quickly and the in-game browser doesn't show them anymore.
unfortunately i doubt that they will put that much effort into the old CS anymore. you on your client side don't have much options here.