Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Connect Announce

Post New Thread Reply   

Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2010 , 22:14   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #501

its not hard to set up stats program and it will give you all the info you want, plus a lot of other useful data. Even if all you want is connects/disconnects you could use it for that.
Old 07-16-2010 , 11:33   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #502

Hiiiii is it somehow possible to give several admins completely custom connect messages, instead of just appending them to the standard admin connect message?
Thanks in advance ;)
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2010 , 23:27   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #503

of course, you can give any player completely custom messages using the custom join message stuff.
Old 07-17-2010 , 04:20   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #504

Just installed this on both my servers working perfectly

Is it possible for someone to post an example of how to set out the custom join message txt file for a noob like me. I'm kinda new to this and dont want to break anything by doing it wrong.

Thanks anyways this is awesome
scopesp
Old 07-17-2010 , 04:33   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #505

okay and how can i delete the standard connect message and put a custom one for a specific player ?
thanks
PharaohsPaw
Old 07-20-2010 , 17:07   database format?
Reply With Quote #506

Hi Arg!

Great plugin, thanks for making it. I was excited to read about the recent changes to add Geo City data support.

One question though -- we're using HLStatsX Community Edition which already uses a local copy of GeoLiteCity data. In fact (per the howto etc.) you can crontab a script to update this file regularly.

Any chance that the sqlite (.sq3) and .dat file formats MaxMinds distributes their database (who produce this data after all) are compatible, or that we could get either connectannounce.sp or the include file it needs for this functionality to use the GeoLiteCity.dat file MaxMinds distributes instead? Would be sorta neat if we could have all the gameserver mods/plugins that use this information to use the same file... update one file and everything that uses GeoLiteCity data is updated. (yeah, I'd probably use symlinks to actually accomplish that)

I'll ask over the in the geocity.inc post too.

Thanks,
PharaohsPaw
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2010 , 17:38   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixmark View Post
Just installed this on both my servers working perfectly

Is it possible for someone to post an example of how to set out the custom join message txt file for a noob like me. I'm kinda new to this and dont want to break anything by doing it wrong.

Thanks anyways this is awesome
When you load the plugin it creates the setting file with a default/example message in 'addons\sourcemod\data\cannounce_settings.txt '. It should be really self explanatory, if not just try changing it! If you get it wrong it just wont display properly, then try again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopesp View Post
okay and how can i delete the standard connect message and put a custom one for a specific player ?
thanks
You can only display an additional connect message as well as the enhanced/default one per player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsPaw View Post
Hi Arg!

Great plugin, thanks for making it. I was excited to read about the recent changes to add Geo City data support.

One question though -- we're using HLStatsX Community Edition which already uses a local copy of GeoLiteCity data. In fact (per the howto etc.) you can crontab a script to update this file regularly.

Any chance that the sqlite (.sq3) and .dat file formats MaxMinds distributes their database (who produce this data after all) are compatible, or that we could get either connectannounce.sp or the include file it needs for this functionality to use the GeoLiteCity.dat file MaxMinds distributes instead? Would be sorta neat if we could have all the gameserver mods/plugins that use this information to use the same file... update one file and everything that uses GeoLiteCity data is updated. (yeah, I'd probably use symlinks to actually accomplish that)

I'll ask over the in the geocity.inc post too.

Thanks,
PharaohsPaw
You probably want to ask in this thread - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132470 - im not involved directly in any of the geoipcity work being done im simply implementing the solutions others are working.

Ive got a few things from the past couple of pages that need implementing, please be patient as i have a real job too
Old 07-26-2010 , 11:54   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arg! View Post
You probably want to ask in this thread - http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132470 - im not involved directly in any of the geoipcity work being done im simply implementing the solutions others are working.
Thanks Arg! This did the trick. Using the extension found in that post is much better as it is already looking for the file in the format MaxMind distributes it in. Just has to be renamed to GeoIPCity.dat.

w00t!

PharaohsPaw
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2010 , 18:25   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #509

Hey, I've been messing around with this plugin for most of the day but I can't figure out if it can do what I want it to do (or if I don't know how to set it up.)

The only function I want is the ability to specify a connect sound/message for certain players (donators.) Is there a way to list these players with their corresponding sounds/messages without having to join all of my servers and inputing 'sm_setjoinmsgid' manually?

Last edited by clutchh; 07-27-2010 at 18:35.
Arg!
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2010 , 19:05   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #510

i would get all of their steam ids in a text file, insert sm_setjoinsmgid at the front of each one, paste into HLSW for each server.
Or you could do one, have a look at the file that it saves them into and make a script to create that file. Then you could use symlinks to have it refer to 1 file instead of x for all your servers.

Plenty of creative ways you could achieve what you want!