Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

theblade
Old 09-21-2011 , 01:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #21

Marcus101RR can you post the smx file pls? For some reason when i compile it localy it gives me 27 warnings and then plugin doesnt work. Thanks!

@panxiaohai - Great plugin. Keep it up!
panxiaohai
Old 09-21-2011 , 06:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
Go ahead if you want to, I would double check everything too. The thing about this is, I removed the reset commands you had in their for each client which is what caused each player to LOSE their second weapon, the only problem is, the player doesn't lose their second weapon after campaign. Also, a small problem after rejoining a game the player is unable to use the second weapon sometimes.

still trying to find out why.

EDIT: Alright, this is it, the official fix that I think will solve this problem and still work at the same time. This code has been changed but left intact so that original code can be re-added with two backspaces. I added a LoseGunCycle Check forcing the game to check on roundstart if all players have gone thru a Secondary Gun Cycle reset, the only time the reset will now occur is on Death, and on Bot/Player Take over. Yes, if you take a break, you will lose your secondary gun. Nothing I can do about that really.

Change Log
  • Commented Out ResetAllState(), and ResetClientState() on unnecessary locations. Player_Spawn, Map_Transition, Round_End
  • Added New Variable to Global List: LoseGunCycle.
  • Added LoseGunCycle variable on Round_Start for first time playthrough to ensure secondary gun is available, but not replaced after map transition.

Known Issues/Bugs
  • Secondary Primary Gun will not reset on Campaign Change, or Finishing of Campaign.
  • Secondary Primary Gun will be lost on Bot/Player Replacement (Take a Break).
Thank you for your efforts,I will carefully study your code.
Can I put your version on the main thread?
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 09-21-2011 , 07:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #23

How do I change the control? (Shove+RightClick) to (something else)
WolfGang
BANNED
Old 09-21-2011 , 08:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
Go ahead if you want to, I would double check everything too. The thing about this is, I removed the reset commands you had in their for each client which is what caused each player to LOSE their second weapon, the only problem is, the player doesn't lose their second weapon after campaign. Also, a small problem after rejoining a game the player is unable to use the second weapon sometimes.

still trying to find out why.

EDIT: Alright, this is it, the official fix that I think will solve this problem and still work at the same time. This code has been changed but left intact so that original code can be re-added with two backspaces. I added a LoseGunCycle Check forcing the game to check on roundstart if all players have gone thru a Secondary Gun Cycle reset, the only time the reset will now occur is on Death, and on Bot/Player Take over. Yes, if you take a break, you will lose your secondary gun. Nothing I can do about that really.

Change Log
  • Commented Out ResetAllState(), and ResetClientState() on unnecessary locations. Player_Spawn, Map_Transition, Round_End
  • Added New Variable to Global List: LoseGunCycle.
  • Added LoseGunCycle variable on Round_Start for first time playthrough to ensure secondary gun is available, but not replaced after map transition.

Known Issues/Bugs
  • Secondary Primary Gun will not reset on Campaign Change, or Finishing of Campaign.
Can you CHange the controls for me!? . . . From (Shove+Switchitem) to (LeftShift+Rightclick) Please!
Zbeer
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-21-2011 , 09:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblade View Post
Marcus101RR can you post the smx file pls? For some reason when i compile it localy it gives me 27 warnings and then plugin doesnt work. Thanks!

@panxiaohai - Great plugin. Keep it up!
Install SDHOOKS in your local folder.
Antithasys
Old 09-22-2011 , 18:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #26

Update plugin description please.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2011 , 15:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #27

After soon studying with the code and how left 4 dead works. I will be attempting to use item_pickup event to trigger multiple equipments. With this, We can remove Player_spawn, and other situations, as the weapon you pick up will be placed in your primary slot, while the secondary weapon will be placed to the second slot after pickup of the next. That way, you will only lose the last weapon you picked up.

Problems that may occur is players didn't pay attention to what the second weapon is.

As for the changing of controls. Would have to ask the owner of the code for that, I'm actually try to improve the weapon keep system.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2011 , 18:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #28

Alright Ladies, Gentlemen...

The plugin has been updated once more, cleaning out the useless stuff and adding in the final test for this plugin. This time, No more problems. When you pickup a new weapon from anywhere, your current weapon will be placed in your Secondary Slot, while the new weapon you just picked up is the new weapon you are holding.

All other configurations remain the same. Also Note, the bugs still remain, upon leaving and rejoining the game with a bot. This finally however, removes the reset of weapons "Weapon_smg" bug. If you still encounter yourself getting the SMG during a game. Please send screenshot and explanation to the exact moment it happened.

Enjoy this new updated plugin, remember, it is UNOFFICIAL unless the owner approves it, and uses it. All rights goto original creator.

Change Log v1.2.2 (Bug Fixes)
  • Commented Out, or Stocked Unused Commands, Public Variables to remove WARNINGS.
  • Removed New Variable to Global List: LoseGunCycle.
  • Removed LoseGunCycle variable on Round_Start for first time playthrough to ensure secondary gun is available, but not replaced after map transition.
  • Added Weapon_Drop Event, to trigger new weapon added.

Known Issues/Bugs

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 04-15-2012 at 22:03.
Chronic1
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-24-2011 , 05:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #29

Found an annoying bug. If you are holding right-click when you get hit by a tankrock or tank slap, it switches to your other primary weapon. Please fix this if possible. My server is TAAANNK Mutation so this will happen ALOT!

I am using the version in the above post.
Old 09-25-2011 , 12:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic1 View Post
Found an annoying bug. If you are holding right-click when you get hit by a tankrock or tank slap, it switches to your other primary weapon. Please fix this if possible. My server is TAAANNK Mutation so this will happen ALOT!

I am using the version in the above post.
Not much I can do, but I will see if there is a failsafe to check when player gets hit. No guarantee that I will find a way to fix this.