[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2016 , 20:06   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5061

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad2cute View Post
First off, thanks for this amazing plugin.

Second, I have a slight issue with adding a new mp3 for the Gungame winner. I put the mp3 in the sound folder of gungame, edited the cfg to match the name, and I receive this error.

[Sound] S_StartSound(): Failed to load sound [filepath to .mp3] cant create mixer

I know there is a work around .inc, but that requires compiling and editing which I am not familiar with. Is there someone that has had this problem or knows the fix?

Thanks in advanced!
I did know the solution because I had the same problem. I believe the custom sounds have to go into a different folder than what it appears. Search this thread because I'm pretty sure this has come up before with the solution posted.

Edit: And also make sure the file is whitelisted if need be.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 12-05-2016 at 20:06.
kad2cute
Old 12-05-2016 , 22:53   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
I did know the solution because I had the same problem. I believe the custom sounds have to go into a different folder than what it appears. Search this thread because I'm pretty sure this has come up before with the solution posted.

Edit: And also make sure the file is whitelisted if need be.
Appreciate the reply. I will look into it!
Krillin
Old 12-21-2016 , 06:45   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5063

Quote:
I'm not sure what sort of support is happening with this plugin. Altex's last post in this thread was back in January of this year. You could try dropping back to a previous version of SM. Other than that, you might have to recode yourself. Looks like the compiler is giving you great info on what is deprecated and what to use instead.
In this case, Lack there of. Dropping back with SM updates will end up breaking the server to functionality, so that is NOT a possibility. This is why we had to update SM to begin with.

But fixing the code itself is a challenge being as we do not know what each of these functions are trying to accomplish and why. Playing guessing games is really something I do not have the time for, I would rather look for another plugin to replace this than spend days on end going through this code to figure out what is going on with each function that is misbehaving to the point of breaking the server. It seems when the winner has won, the map doesn't change and plugin goes haywire along with the bots in the server. Last night I had to the server down it was so bad. This used to run like a well oil machine, now valve has thrown a wrench in the machine and is breaking plugins. Not even sure how this has not gotten unapproved. I had to find another DM plugin to work right, I guess I will have to do the same with GM for SM, again.

If I decide to tackle this it will NOT be until after the New Year. Operating two companies has proven to be conflicting in so many ways!

Merry Christmas & Have a Safe and Happy New Years (2017)!

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2016 , 12:52   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
In this case, Lack there of. Dropping back with SM updates will end up breaking the server to functionality, so that is NOT a possibility. This is why we had to update SM to begin with.

But fixing the code itself is a challenge being as we do not know what each of these functions are trying to accomplish and why. Playing guessing games is really something I do not have the time for, I would rather look for another plugin to replace this than spend days on end going through this code to figure out what is going on with each function that is misbehaving to the point of breaking the server. It seems when the winner has won, the map doesn't change and plugin goes haywire along with the bots in the server. Last night I had to the server down it was so bad. This used to run like a well oil machine, now valve has thrown a wrench in the machine and is breaking plugins. Not even sure how this has not gotten unapproved. I had to find another DM plugin to work right, I guess I will have to do the same with GM for SM, again.

If I decide to tackle this it will NOT be until after the New Year. Operating two companies has proven to be conflicting in so many ways!

Merry Christmas & Have a Safe and Happy New Years (2017)!
Valve has broken this plugin many times since releasing CS:GO, but they have been fixed by SM updates. They want you to play their version of GG, "Arms Race", I think they call it.

It is kind of interesting that there aren't other posts similar to yours though. Perhaps it's just a conflict with some other plugin(s) that you run. Anyway, a subsequent SM update may fix the issue.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
Krillin
Old 12-25-2016 , 04:11   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5065

Quote:
Valve has broken this plugin many times since releasing CS:GO, but they have been fixed by SM updates. They want you to play their version of GG, "Arms Race", I think they call it.

It is kind of interesting that there aren't other posts similar to yours though. Perhaps it's just a conflict with some other plugin(s) that you run. Anyway, a subsequent SM update may fix the issue.
No doubt there, VALVe constantly breaks SM in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but in case you have forgotten, our issue is with Counter-Strike: Source not CS:GO. CS:GO has its own built in GunGame MOD, Arms Race it is (limited maps, come to think of it, they took away all the new maps added over the years this past fall with an update, very disappointing).

If you look at our list of plugins, we only use a few other plugins on top of the GunGame, DM-Lite, HLStatsX and IncreaseNadeDamage. There were never any issue before the latest update of SM to 1.8, just like with CS:GO, some CS:S updates break SM maybe a few times a year. When we run into problems like this or if SM is totally not functioning, we update SM to the latest stable build.

Drives me crazy, was never this bad with HL1 engine. Ahhh the good old golden days!

Merry Christmas!

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2016 , 12:33   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
No doubt there, VALVe constantly breaks SM in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but in case you have forgotten, our issue is with Counter-Strike: Source not CS:GO. CS:GO has its own built in GunGame MOD, Arms Race it is (limited maps, come to think of it, they took away all the new maps added over the years this past fall with an update, very disappointing).

If you look at our list of plugins, we only use a few other plugins on top of the GunGame, DM-Lite, HLStatsX and IncreaseNadeDamage. There were never any issue before the latest update of SM to 1.8, just like with CS:GO, some CS:S updates break SM maybe a few times a year. When we run into problems like this or if SM is totally not functioning, we update SM to the latest stable build.

Drives me crazy, was never this bad with HL1 engine. Ahhh the good old golden days!

Merry Christmas!
Yes, I understand you are running CS:S, not CS:GO. That is what I used to run when I ran a server. What I am saying, is that I believe that Valve seems to be purposely breaking SM plugins for CS:S when there are similar features in CS:GO, probably to get old-schoolers to say "Heck with it, I might as well go to CS:GO and save myself some headaches." Then again, my understanding is that some of the code is shared, so it may be that they are just patching CS:GO as they see fit, and the heck with CS:S. It sounds kind of sinister, but then again, they are in business to make money.

My plugins:
drizzy
Old 12-29-2016 , 21:51   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5067

Unfortunately I'm unable to make it so that guns don't drop, guns auto upgrade per kill vs upgrading after you die and I'm also unable to make it so that guns randomize. Anyone able to help me please? I would be extremely grateful.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2016 , 13:04   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5068

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzy View Post
Unfortunately I'm unable to make it so that guns don't drop, guns auto upgrade per kill vs upgrading after you die and I'm also unable to make it so that guns randomize. Anyone able to help me please? I would be extremely grateful.
Let's start with what game you are running. There have been issues lately with both CS:S and CS:GO. You'll also have to give more detail as to what the problem is versus what you want. For example, you say: "Unfortunately I'm unable to make it so that guns don't drop". What exactly do you mean? After the player dies, or do you want to prevent throw downs? Most of these options can be set in the appropriate gungame.config.txt. Randomizing weapons would be set in the appropriate gungame.equip.txt.

My plugins:
drizzy
Old 12-30-2016 , 20:40   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5069

Quote:
Let's start with what game you are running. There have been issues lately with both CS:S and CS:GO. You'll also have to give more detail as to what the problem is versus what you want. For example, you say: "Unfortunately I'm unable to make it so that guns don't drop". What exactly do you mean? After the player dies, or do you want to prevent throw downs? Most of these options can be set in the appropriate gungame.config.txt. Randomizing weapons would be set in the appropriate gungame.equip.txt.
Sorry, your right i should've been more descriptive. I tried to change the settings to have it randomize weapons but it didn't work. I also turned on turbo but it doesn't seem to upgrade weapons after the set amt of kills. Rather it switches when someone kills you. I am running the game on css. I also had it get stuck on the knife round, even though i killed someone the game didn't end. If you run this mod, I was hoping you could be soo kind and have both text files put in the code line so i can copy and paste and maybe give that a shot. I tried to reinstall this twice now.
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2016 , 17:16   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5070

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzy View Post
Sorry, your right i should've been more descriptive. I tried to change the settings to have it randomize weapons but it didn't work. I also turned on turbo but it doesn't seem to upgrade weapons after the set amt of kills. Rather it switches when someone kills you. I am running the game on css. I also had it get stuck on the knife round, even though i killed someone the game didn't end. If you run this mod, I was hoping you could be soo kind and have both text files put in the code line so i can copy and paste and maybe give that a shot. I tried to reinstall this twice now.
I used to run a CS:S server, but haven't for a couple of years now, and the way it looks I probably won't be able to ever again. I just happen to have on hand my gungame.config.txt, which I have attached, but I do not have my gungame.equip.txt, which is where you'd define your weapon order. You should be able to change "RandomWeaponOrder" "0" to "RandomWeaponOrder" "1" to get the job done. If you are doing it correctly, then it's possible that recent updates to the game have broken the plugin - see the last few posts before yours.
Attached Files
File Type: txt gungame.config.txt (20.9 KB, 122 views)

My plugins: