[CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-18-2017 , 09:25   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambn View Post
you do if you're steam ip is something else (i mean using 10.xx.xx.xx ips that are only available inside a country and are recongnized as lan ips)
No, you don't.

These IP addresses are not country specific, they are local IP addresses for a local network, and not for use on the public Internet.

If you can play with other people using those 10.x addresses from the same country, even though you're not in the same house / building, then your ISP is most likely running you behind NAT.

You will then need to ask your ISP for a "public IP" or "static IP", which is most likely subject to a monthly charge, on top of the price of your Internet connection.

The issue is not related to the GSLT, nor the game server itself, and is something between you and your ISP (or your network administrator), and cannot be fixed anywhere else but through them.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
ambn
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2017 , 12:02   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
No, you don't.

These IP addresses are not country specific, they are local IP addresses for a local network, and not for use on the public Internet.

If you can play with other people using those 10.x addresses from the same country, even though you're not in the same house / building, then your ISP is most likely running you behind NAT.

You will then need to ask your ISP for a "public IP" or "static IP", which is most likely subject to a monthly charge, on top of the price of your Internet connection.

The issue is not related to the GSLT, nor the game server itself, and is something between you and your ISP (or your network administrator), and cannot be fixed anywhere else but through them.
I know what you mean but these ips that i'm using is with an other ip that has acsess to the internet and server also load steam data and everything is okay with that and i only set public ip to those because i don't really feel like getting ddosed with too many different ips from too many different countries , so with all that, will this still find my 10.xx ip and replace it?
Old 06-18-2017 , 13:30   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambn View Post
I know what you mean but these ips that i'm using is with an other ip that has acsess to the internet and server also load steam data and everything is okay with that and i only set public ip to those because i don't really feel like getting ddosed with too many different ips from too many different countries , so with all that, will this still find my 10.xx ip and replace it?
No, you won't be able to rotate between RFC1918 (or other reserved) IP address space with GSLT's.

The only solution there is for your issue, is mentioned above.

ambn
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2017 , 14:20   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
No, you won't be able to rotate between RFC1918 (or other reserved) IP address space with GSLT's.

The only solution there is for your issue, is mentioned above.
Oh, i see.
Thanks for you information.
Old 07-04-2017 , 09:59   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #15

i tried this with a token, but the server is still not updated in my fav & history list.

1.) started my test server with an old ip
2.) shut down the server and changed ip in command line
3.) starting again with new ip and same token.

2 days already...
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2017 , 17:17   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
That's what the GSLT''s was made for in first place.
Lmao.

Valve made the GSLT system for naughty servers and to profit from them.
Old 07-05-2017 , 00:45   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #17

3 days over, so this crap does not work. automatic server update to new ip in fav & history.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 07-05-2017 , 00:50   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
i tried this with a token, but the server is still not updated in my fav & history list.

1.) started my test server with an old ip
2.) shut down the server and changed ip in command line
3.) starting again with new ip and same token.

2 days already...
Starting them with the old IP, then instantly moving to the new one won't work!

If you refreshed your server list at 14:00:00, and started your server (point 1, old IP) on 14:15:00, your Steam client will not retrieve any new IP addresses for any servers until 14:00:01 the next day, no matter what you do, exactly as I mentioned in #6.

As I also said, I did test the migration features, and they work perfectly fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Quote:
That's what the GSLT''s was made for in first place.
Lmao.

Valve made the GSLT system for naughty servers and to profit from them.
sv_setsteamaccount was available in most Source games long time before the GSLT's became mandatory for CS:GO.

If the real goal from Valve was to profit from the naughty servers exchanging them all the time, I highly doubt that Valve would have waited 1 year and 5 months to make them mandatory in CS:GO (July 2015), after they were made mandatory for certain TF2 features (February 2014).

But neither your nor my conspiracy thoughts about the goal are relevant for this thread!

abhishek_deshkar
Old 03-27-2018 , 00:54   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Starting them with the old IP, then instantly moving to the new one won't work!

If you refreshed your server list at 14:00:00, and started your server (point 1, old IP) on 14:15:00, your Steam client will not retrieve any new IP addresses for any servers until 14:00:01 the next day, no matter what you do, exactly as I mentioned in #6.

As I also said, I did test the migration features, and they work perfectly fine...

sv_setsteamaccount was available in most Source games long time before the GSLT's became mandatory for CS:GO.

If the real goal from Valve was to profit from the naughty servers exchanging them all the time, I highly doubt that Valve would have waited 1 year and 5 months to make them mandatory in CS:GO (July 2015), after they were made mandatory for certain TF2 features (February 2014).

But neither your nor my conspiracy thoughts about the goal are relevant for this thread!

What if I have multiple servers with multiple IPs and 1 common GLST token for each servers?

For example,

Old IPs : GLST token: XYZ
-------

123:27015
456:27015
789:27015

New IP's: [ GLST Token: XYZ ]
----------------

712:27015
281:27015
102:27015

Will it update all these old IP with new IP when GLST token is same for each server ?

Last edited by abhishek_deshkar; 03-27-2018 at 00:55.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-27-2018 , 02:48   Re: [CSGO] How to migrate players to new IP
Reply With Quote #20

You can only have one GSLT per server